Community Sports Hub

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Community Sports Hub

Post by johnydep »

Maybe a bit of controversy over this one. Which club and sport?

Looks like Hockey is a growing sport in SA. Reckon they'd share with a soccer/football club? Like BOSA does on Churchill Rd.

Tuthangga (Park 17) Community Sports Hub

Email this link
We would like to hear your thoughts on a proposed new community sports facility in Tuthangga (Park 17) in the Adelaide Parklands.

Background

In June 2014, Council endorsed a Sports Infrastructure Master Plan (SIMP) for the regional sports areas of the west and south Park Lands. This SIMP identified a series of actions to enhance the sporting infrastructure in Tuthangga (Park 17) to increase participation in community sport.

Project Information

Council has received a proposal from the Adelaide and Burnside Hockey Clubs to establish a two pitch artificial turf hockey facility serviced by a centralised building that will support both clubs.

As part of determining the feasibility of this proposal, Council would like to hear from the community on how it uses Tuthangga (Park 17), what improvements could be made to the Park to enhance its use, and what affect a new hockey facility will have on usage.
Adelaide Park Lands Preservation Assoc - APPA

High fences, 2-storey walls, locks, yet another corporate function centre and private store rooms. This is the ambit privatisation plan put up for Tuthangga (Park 17) just off Beaumont Rd. Public Park Land to be handed over to eastern suburbs sports clubs? Tell the City Council what you think: http://yoursay.cityofadelaide.com.au/pa ... y-proposal

BeNatural
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: Community Sports Hub

Post by BeNatural »

Pembroke i think use these grounds for their Collegiate Soccer teams.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Who ever drew that should be shot using curved leaders what a wank lol

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Couldn't they use the one at Gepps Cross - that I haven't actually seen any one use yet when I have been in that area?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

I believe with Burnside and Adelaide sharing that, there wouldn't be time for a football club to play there as well. They have men's, women's and junior teams.

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

Mr Red wrote:Couldn't they use the one at Gepps Cross - that I haven't actually seen any one use yet when I have been in that area?
It's always in use. Rarely do I see it shut when I'm going to CSC
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni