AFL 2017

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

AFL 2017

Post by Bomber »

Must say I laughed when they had Hooker in the commentary box yacking about Essendon's pre-season during the trial game with Collingwood on Fox last night.
Not sure many picked it up, but he said something along the lines of "there's a different lot of chemistry at the club........". :lol:

For what its worth, here's your ladder for 2017 minor round:

1. Sydney
2. Geelong
3. GWS
4. Hawthorn
5. Bulldogs
6. Adelaide
7. West Coast
8. Essendon

9. Melbourne
10. Fremantle
11. St Kilda
12. Power
13. Collingwood
14. Nth Melb
15. Richmond
16. Gold Coast
17. Carlton
18. Brisbane
Ignore this signature

Mod Of Bury
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: AFL 2017

Post by Mod Of Bury »

Bomber wrote:Not sure many picked it up, but he said something along the lines of "there's a different lot of chemistry at the club........". :lol:
But was it intentional?

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Frank Costanza »

Bump

Few upsets in Round 1 - great results for SA teams - gave the NSW teams a good beating
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

still too early......

are we seeing a resurgence if fast, play on & thus high scoring games???

Crows might just get that 'organic growth' theyre hoping for....

1 last one....i hope Carlton get pummeled every week....playing hard ball over Gibbs.... a 1st and 2nd round player was more than adequate....im personally glad we didnt pay that....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

MegaBonus wrote:still too early......

are we seeing a resurgence if fast, play on & thus high scoring games???

Crows might just get that 'organic growth' theyre hoping for....

1 last one....i hope Carlton get pummeled every week....playing hard ball over Gibbs.... a 1st and 2nd round player was more than adequate....im personally glad we didnt pay that....

Crows should of traded for him, but alas played hardball.

Don't worry mate, The crows can bypass the midfield and kick it to their potent forward line who will kick them to wins this year.
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Bomber enjoy the game :wink:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Terrible game, lots of errors and don't get me started on the umpiring. Bottom line, Carlton deserved the points though
Ignore this signature

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Most surprised that the "brawl" at the Showdown got some page 2 publicity in local rag today. Times are a changin'
Ignore this signature

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

but did anyone notice that it was a 'premium' article on the adelaidenow website.....restricting the number of people who can access it......mmmmm, something makes me think that a soccer related issue wouldnt be restricted...
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

MegaBonus wrote:but did anyone notice that it was a 'premium' article on the adelaidenow website.....restricting the number of people who can access it......mmmmm, something makes me think that a soccer related issue wouldnt be restricted...

Very interesting.... But the racial slur towards Betts (again) and Walker is not being reported as much.
Its disgusting this still exists, and no matter how hard the AFL says they are stamping it out, they are not doing a good job of it.
Everybody, doesn't matter what colour, race, religion, belief deserves to be treated fairly by everyone else.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Wayne Kerr wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:but did anyone notice that it was a 'premium' article on the adelaidenow website.....restricting the number of people who can access it......mmmmm, something makes me think that a soccer related issue wouldnt be restricted...

Very interesting.... But the racial slur towards Betts (again) and Walker is not being reported as much.
Its disgusting this still exists, and no matter how hard the AFL says they are stamping it out, they are not doing a good job of it.
Everybody, doesn't matter what colour, race, religion, belief deserves to be treated fairly by everyone else.
I'm not sure what more the AFL can do about it. From where I sit they seem to be very vocal about it and clubs do seem to be keen to seek these goons out and ban them, assuming they are members of course. Plus there will always be idiots, especially at Port v Crows games. :wink:
Ignore this signature

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

Bomber wrote:
Wayne Kerr wrote:

I'm not sure what more the AFL can do about it. From where I sit they seem to be very vocal about it and clubs do seem to be keen to seek these goons out and ban them, assuming they are members of course. Plus there will always be idiots, especially at Port v Crows games. :wink:

Idiots are everywhere, unfortunately - nit just crows and power supporters.
AFL can do a lot more to be honest...

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Wayne Kerr wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Wayne Kerr wrote: Very interesting.... But the racial slur towards Betts (again) and Walker is not being reported as much.

Idiots are everywhere, unfortunately - nit just crows and power supporters.
AFL can do a lot more to be honest...
What more can they do? There is a number of ways they have implemented to stop this sort of behavior.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Bomber wrote:Most surprised that the "brawl" at the Showdown got some page 2 publicity in local rag today. Times are a changin'
If that had been a HAL game , headline would have read " soccer hooligans go on violent rampage at AO"

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Two Collingwood supporters work colleagues have pulled sickies today. :lol:
Ignore this signature

Asahara Shōkō
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Asahara Shōkō »

I am guessing Essendon won.
Apparently Knight15 finds me attractive

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Asahara Shōkō wrote:I am guessing Essendon won.
Yeah, for a change. :)
Ignore this signature

Cheap Kitchens
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Cheap Kitchens »

Such is life.
Quote me !

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

So Marc Murphy sledges an opponent, gets sledged back, then doesn't like it. If you can dish it out..............
Ignore this signature

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Power lose close game followed by Facebook flooded with complaints about AFL umpires that hasnt before has it?

Scumbag College
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Scumbag College »

ozzie owl wrote:Power lose close game followed by Facebook flooded with complaints about AFL umpires that hasnt before has it?
I didn't see much complaining because I choose my friends carefully.

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

ozzie owl wrote:Power lose close game followed by Facebook flooded with complaints about AFL umpires that hasnt before has it?
Happens every time they lose... and then when the crows lose, they come out of the wood work again. Fairly predictable.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Interesting that 3 teams lost on the weekend yet scored more goals than their opposition. Does any other sport reward " near misses"?
Ignore this signature

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

Bomber wrote:Interesting that 3 teams lost on the weekend yet scored more goals than their opposition. Does any other sport reward " near misses"?
Darts.

Archery.

You could argue bowls/curling etc. That's just closest to the pin.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Slinky_Pete wrote:
Bomber wrote:Interesting that 3 teams lost on the weekend yet scored more goals than their opposition. Does any other sport reward " near misses"?
Darts.

Archery.

With darts, I assume you have a target number or spot on the board you're to aim at. If you don't hit that target, how are you rewarded? Eg, In 501 which the pros play, is it really a "reward" to hit and score a "1" when aiming for a triple 20?
Ignore this signature

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

Bomber wrote:
Slinky_Pete wrote:
Darts.

Archery.

With darts, I assume you have a target number or spot on the board you're to aim at. If you don't hit that target, how are you rewarded? Eg, In 501 which the pros play, is it really a "reward" to hit and score a "1" when aiming for a triple 20?
Well, it's not a penalty. Your score goes from 501 to 500, so you are close to the final goal.

In the same way that getting a point is a reward. You turn over the ball to your opponent.

In Aussie Rules, you don't get a point for missing, you get a goal for being more accurate.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

But you DO get a point for missing (unless the miss is SO large that it doesn't even get near the goals).
And the turnover to opponent happens at the attacking teams end of the ground, so it's another small advantage for missing.
Ignore this signature

Ice Adonis
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ice Adonis »

Hurling, Gaelic Football
Also known as Yellow Boots

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Ice Adonis wrote:Hurling, Gaelic Football
And people wonder why they too are only played (seriously) in one country. Do the Irish call either of them the "world's" greatest sport?
Ignore this signature

Ice Adonis
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ice Adonis »

Bomber wrote:
Ice Adonis wrote:Hurling, Gaelic Football
And people wonder why they too are only played (seriously) in one country. Do the Irish call either of them the "world's" greatest sport?
They are played seriously in two countries.
Also known as Yellow Boots