"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:08 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Steve Smith a cheat?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:54 pm 
Board Member
Board Member

God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Treatment of Broad? Is he worried about meaningless papers now? I hope he chooses a different shrink to that of Trott.

If you refer to Aussie crowds, the vast majority boo him with a smile, much like they did to the saffer captain recently.

He's seemed to cope with Aussie crowds in the BBL okay, so maybe you're making mountains out of molehills (see Bodo for therapy) :wink:

He's not worried at all, I'm sure he laughs at it all and doesn't come out saying how they got to him like some aussies have done.

I'm just highlighting the hypocrisy. Some on here were calling Broad a cheat whilst not seeing the other side of the coin. I'm just here to educate and help you watch with both eyes open.

Who on here? Anyway, you are the hypocrisy police, I get that now, but isn't it funny how you only highlight it when its the big bad Aussies who border on it. We're over Broad - you clearly aren't over Smith.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:55 pm 
Technical Director
Technical Director

Bomber wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Treatment of Broad? Is he worried about meaningless papers now? I hope he chooses a different shrink to that of Trott.

If you refer to Aussie crowds, the vast majority boo him with a smile, much like they did to the saffer captain recently.

He's seemed to cope with Aussie crowds in the BBL okay, so maybe you're making mountains out of molehills (see Bodo for therapy) :wink:

He's not worried at all, I'm sure he laughs at it all and doesn't come out saying how they got to him like some aussies have done.

I'm just highlighting the hypocrisy. Some on here were calling Broad a cheat whilst not seeing the other side of the coin. I'm just here to educate and help you watch with both eyes open.

Who on here? Anyway, you are the hypocrisy police, I get that now, but isn't it funny how you only highlight it when its the big bad Aussies who border on it. We're over Broad - you clearly aren't over Smith.

Broad was over 3 years ago, Smith wasn't even 3 months ago

I can't specifically remember who on here, but there was a fair few who have referred to him as a cheat.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:19 pm 
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

How can he do that, with only one eye? :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:02 pm 
Club Captain
Club Captain

Bomber wrote:
Bomber wrote:

He hasn't gotten over Ponting yet.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:43 pm 
Technical Director
Technical Director

I couldn't care less if he got turned down and then beaten up by a tranny.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:15 am 
Squad Player
Squad Player

yes you would, if it was your call girl.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:37 pm 
Technical Director
Technical Director

Wayne Kerr wrote:

yes you would, if it was your call girl.

I've told you before. No matter how much you want it to happen, I'm not that way inclined.

What's your opinion on steve smith being a cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:41 pm 
Board Member
Board Member

Interesting to note that Smith first ball edged a caught behind and walked before a Pakistani appealed today. Many others would have waited for a decision.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:48 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

He was getting sick of Hawkesy giving him stick.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:14 am 
Technical Director
Technical Director

Bomber wrote:
Interesting to note that Smith first ball edged a caught behind and walked before a Pakistani appealed today. Many others would have waited for a decision.

Well done to him then, maybe he's learnt his lesson.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:25 pm 
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Bomber wrote:

But he didn't during the 3rd test and seemed convinced the DRS had it in for him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:26 pm 
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

No one can persuade me that simply standing there and respectfully waiting for the umpires decision amounts to cheating. Arguing with the umpire or showing dissent just makes you look like a twat.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:02 pm 
Technical Director
Technical Director

N5 1BH wrote:
No one can persuade me that simply standing there and respectfully waiting for the umpires decision amounts to cheating. Arguing with the umpire or showing dissent just makes you look like a twat.

I believe you should always walk. My issue is more with that some are chastised for not walking and other's aren't.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:02 am 
Squad Player
Squad Player

N5 1BH wrote:

I believe you should always walk. My issue is more with that some are chastised for not walking and other's aren't.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:48 am 
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

N5 1BH wrote:

I don’t believe all Englishmen would be subjected to double standards and hysterical over the top abuse by the aussie media for not walking. I’m sure Matt Renshaw will be okay when he stands his ground .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:54 am 
Technical Director
Technical Director

N5 1BH wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:

I don’t believe all Englishmen would be subjected to double standards and hysterical over the top abuse by the aussie media for not walking. I’m sure Matt Renshaw will be okay when he stands his ground .

I cannot think of anyone in the English media who has been subjected to the abuse that Stuart Broad was.

As for Renshaw - I believe the Barmy Army have some good lighthearted banter in line for him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:57 am 
Squad Player
Squad Player

poor little Broad......
:cry:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:17 pm 
Technical Director
Technical Director

Nothing changes, smith still a cheat.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:49 pm 
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

What has happened for you to dig this up after eleven months?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:27 pm 
Technical Director
Technical Director

Jim's Alterego wrote:

I was looking for something else and I saw it but Steve Smith claiming catches that have bounced.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:16 am 
Squad Player
Squad Player

Jim's Alterego wrote:

I was looking for something else and I saw it but Steve Smith claiming catches that have bounced.

As opposed to Butler catching a ball that clearly touched the ground in the ODI?
:roll:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:35 pm 
Technical Director
Technical Director

Wayne Kerr wrote:
Jim's Alterego wrote:

As opposed to Butler catching a ball that clearly touched the ground in the ODI?

:lol:

If it clearly hit the ground, which it didn't. How comes the umpires didn't over rule it?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:56 pm 
Board Member
Board Member

Because they didn't have scientific microscopic proof, but under the laws of the game had to back the on field umpire who couldn't have been certain anyway. Poor decision, as was Smith's when he got one in his favour in a similar fashion (as per recent FB discussion)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:03 pm 
Technical Director
Technical Director

Bomber wrote:
Because they didn't have scientific microscopic proof, but under the laws of the game had to back the on field umpire who couldn't have been certain anyway. Poor decision, as was Smith's when he got one in his favour in a similar fashion (as per recent FB discussion)

So not CLEARLY then?

When did Smith get one in his favour? Do you mean Khawaja?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:23 pm 
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:

So not CLEARLY then?

When did Smith get one in his favour? Do you mean Khawaja?

Yes, Khawaja, sorry. How the ump could categorically say that was out is a joke.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:29 pm 
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Jim's Alterego wrote:

Seems to be hobby on here accusing successful Australian batsmen of cheating , first Steve Waugh and now Smith . Oh yes every single English player is squeaky clean .

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:37 pm 
Technical Director
Technical Director

ozzie owl wrote:
Jim's Alterego wrote:

Seems to be hobby on here accusing successful Australian batsmen of cheating , first Steve Waugh and now Smith . Oh yes every single English player is squeaky clean .

You are a bit like a reformed smoker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:26 am 
Squad Player
Squad Player

Nice to see the English cricketers continue to cheat in the T20 tri-series..... Claiming catches that clearly hit the ground

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:55 am 
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Wayne Kerr wrote:
Nice to see the English cricketers continue to cheat in the T20 tri-series..... Claiming catches that clearly hit the ground

Yep and Clarke the twat calling it 100% out and a terrible decision, what a grenache sucker he is

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:57 am 
Technical Director
Technical Director

Wayne Kerr wrote:

Michael Clarke wrote:
100% that's out

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next