Aus v Sth Africa

This forum is for discussion of other sports. It has been created by request.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Post Reply
Cooper
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1294
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:36 pm

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by Cooper »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Cooper wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Exageratted?

Lyon throws the ball at a bloke on the ground and has been fined part of his match fee. FACT.

Warner tried to start a fight as the players walked off the pitch. FACT.
What happened for Warner to react that way?

Well according to Smith (who isn't a reliable source) de Koch said something about his wife. Probably something about her loving kiwi grenache on pub toilets.

Have you noticed that whenever an aussie cricketer behaves like an idiot there's always an unsubstantiated reason? Strange that there's never any witnesses.
And if Smiths say so of accounts is true do you think Warner was justified in his actions?

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45064
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by God is an Englishman »

Not as easy as that though.

1. Smith didn't even hear it.
2. What did Warner say to provoke that reaction?


Now if de Koch said something unprovoked about his wife then I would certainly have reacted the same way as Warner did. However, if rumours are true about Warner's comments to Bairstow then I struggle to believe that it's not a case of warner being able to dish it but not take it.

Then again, it's all rumours.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

Cooper
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1294
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:36 pm

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by Cooper »

God is an Englishman wrote:Not as easy as that though.

1. Smith didn't even hear it.
2. What did Warner say to provoke that reaction?


Now if de Koch said something unprovoked about his wife then I would certainly have reacted the same way as Warner did. However, if rumours are true about Warner's comments to Bairstow then I struggle to believe that it's not a case of warner being able to dish it but not take it.

Then again, it's all rumours.
Fair enough, its just another he said she said case.

N5 1BH
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
Posts: 2119
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:17 pm

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by N5 1BH »

Doesn’t matter what was said, it’s only words. Facts are aussies had (yet again) a premeditated tactic of ‘sledging’ or verbal intimidation of the opponent for this test. In these circumstances what happens on the pitch must stay on the pitch but wee davie warner chose to take it off the pitch and for this he should be punished severely by CA….. if CA had any integrity.

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 56060
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:Exageratted?

Lyon throws the ball at a bloke on the ground and has been fined part of his match fee. FACT.

Warner tried to start a fight as the players walked off the pitch. FACT.
Throws the ball or dropped it near him? There's your sensationalist headline. And Warner hurling abuse isn't evidence he "tried to start a fight".

I'm glad you don't practice law.
Ignore this signature

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45064
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Exageratted?

Lyon throws the ball at a bloke on the ground and has been fined part of his match fee. FACT.

Warner tried to start a fight as the players walked off the pitch. FACT.
Throws the ball or dropped it near him? There's your sensationalist headline. And Warner hurling abuse isn't evidence he "tried to start a fight".

I'm glad you don't practice law.
He does throw it, it's in the video.

Being pulled back by a few people, no he wasn't starting a fight he was just trying to discuss politics.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager
Posts: 7234
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:43 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by MegaBonus »

So you can read people's minds now????

Maybe he wanted to congratulate him for showing more ticker in 2 sessions than what the POMs did during the whole summer.

Cooper
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1294
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:36 pm

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by Cooper »

N5 1BH wrote:Doesn’t matter what was said, it’s only words. Facts are aussies had (yet again) a premeditated tactic of ‘sledging’ or verbal intimidation of the opponent for this test. In these circumstances what happens on the pitch must stay on the pitch but wee davie warner chose to take it off the pitch and for this he should be punished severely by CA….. if CA had any integrity.
Warner wasn't the only one to take it off the pitch though

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 56060
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Exageratted?

Lyon throws the ball at a bloke on the ground and has been fined part of his match fee. FACT.

Warner tried to start a fight as the players walked off the pitch. FACT.
Throws the ball or dropped it near him? There's your sensationalist headline. And Warner hurling abuse isn't evidence he "tried to start a fight".

I'm glad you don't practice law.
He does throw it, it's in the video.

Being pulled back by a few people, no he wasn't starting a fight he was just trying to discuss politics.
He drops it in the video I saw, much like bowlers do at fall of wicket or end of over. "Throws it at a bloke on the ground" sounds like it was malicious and clearly it wasn't malicious at all. Lyon copped it on the chin and if he threw it as many would interpret a "throw" then surely it would have meant far more serious consequences, don't you think?
And do you really think Warner was going to try and hit him? If you do, then you're either a mind reader as suggested and/or wouldn't know how to look at any confrontation in its true context.
End of, looks like both Warner and Dekockhead have been penalised, so on with the show.
Ignore this signature

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45064
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bomber wrote:He drops it in the video I saw, much like bowlers do at fall of wicket or end of over. "Throws it at a bloke on the ground" sounds like it was malicious and clearly it wasn't malicious at all. Lyon copped it on the chin and if he threw it as many would interpret a "throw" then surely it would have meant far more serious consequences, don't you think?
And do you really think Warner was going to try and hit him? If you do, then you're either a mind reader as suggested and/or wouldn't know how to look at any confrontation in its true context.
End of, looks like both Warner and Dekockhead have been penalised, so on with the show.
You don't have to be a mind reader to think something. What do you think Warner was going to do if he got hold of him. After all, he has history of unprovoked attacks on opposition players.

Lyon - if you drop a ball it goes straight down, it didn't it went at and angle into the batsmen. He has been fined and quite rightly so. Obviously, someone else sees he didn't drop the ball.

3 players charged from this game and I have so far seen no provable reason why de Kock has been charged at all. Surely he will get a not guilty and Warner could be looking at a ban for poor behaviour AGAIN.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager
Posts: 7234
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:43 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by MegaBonus »

What do you think Warner was going to do if he got hold of him.
there you go again.....assuming to know what someone was going to do.....how do you know he would've "got hold of him"...

N5 1BH
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
Posts: 2119
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:17 pm

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by N5 1BH »

Cooper wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:Doesn’t matter what was said, it’s only words. Facts are aussies had (yet again) a premeditated tactic of ‘sledging’ or verbal intimidation of the opponent for this test. In these circumstances what happens on the pitch must stay on the pitch but wee davie warner chose to take it off the pitch and for this he should be punished severely by CA….. if CA had any integrity.
Warner wasn't the only one to take it off the pitch though
CA don't have responsibility for SA players

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45064
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by God is an Englishman »

MegaBonus wrote:
What do you think Warner was going to do if he got hold of him.
there you go again.....assuming to know what someone was going to do.....how do you know he would've "got hold of him"...
There you go again, not reading what was written. It shouldn't be this easy to pull apart your posts. 4/10 you need to try harder.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45064
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by God is an Englishman »

Cooper wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:Doesn’t matter what was said, it’s only words. Facts are aussies had (yet again) a premeditated tactic of ‘sledging’ or verbal intimidation of the opponent for this test. In these circumstances what happens on the pitch must stay on the pitch but wee davie warner chose to take it off the pitch and for this he should be punished severely by CA….. if CA had any integrity.
Warner wasn't the only one to take it off the pitch though
From the video, only one person is taking it off the pitch and that's the midget.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45064
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by God is an Englishman »

MegaBonus wrote:So you can read people's minds now????

Maybe he wanted to congratulate him for showing more ticker in 2 sessions than what the POMs did during the whole summer.
Do you watch cricket at all?
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 56060
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:He drops it in the video I saw, much like bowlers do at fall of wicket or end of over. "Throws it at a bloke on the ground" sounds like it was malicious and clearly it wasn't malicious at all. Lyon copped it on the chin and if he threw it as many would interpret a "throw" then surely it would have meant far more serious consequences, don't you think?
And do you really think Warner was going to try and hit him? If you do, then you're either a mind reader as suggested and/or wouldn't know how to look at any confrontation in its true context.
End of, looks like both Warner and Dekockhead have been penalised, so on with the show.
You don't have to be a mind reader to think something. What do you think Warner was going to do if he got hold of him. After all, he has history of unprovoked attacks on opposition players.

Lyon - if you drop a ball it goes straight down, it didn't it went at and angle into the batsmen. He has been fined and quite rightly so. Obviously, someone else sees he didn't drop the ball.

3 players charged from this game and I have so far seen no provable reason why de Kock has been charged at all. Surely he will get a not guilty and Warner could be looking at a ban for poor behaviour AGAIN.
:lol:

You didn't watch Foxsports last night re Dekock I take it.

Warner attacked verbally, yes, and in response to a verbal attack on him. So what? He got fired up - how dare he in the heat of battle. Teammates ushered him away and that was it.

Lyon has copped his punishment, albeit a petty incident at best.
Ignore this signature

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager
Posts: 7234
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:43 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by MegaBonus »

yes, I do!!!

ive read your posts....you're assuming to accurately predict future behaviour based on previous behaviour....and that's were your argument fails...

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45064
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:He drops it in the video I saw, much like bowlers do at fall of wicket or end of over. "Throws it at a bloke on the ground" sounds like it was malicious and clearly it wasn't malicious at all. Lyon copped it on the chin and if he threw it as many would interpret a "throw" then surely it would have meant far more serious consequences, don't you think?
And do you really think Warner was going to try and hit him? If you do, then you're either a mind reader as suggested and/or wouldn't know how to look at any confrontation in its true context.
End of, looks like both Warner and Dekockhead have been penalised, so on with the show.
You don't have to be a mind reader to think something. What do you think Warner was going to do if he got hold of him. After all, he has history of unprovoked attacks on opposition players.

Lyon - if you drop a ball it goes straight down, it didn't it went at and angle into the batsmen. He has been fined and quite rightly so. Obviously, someone else sees he didn't drop the ball.

3 players charged from this game and I have so far seen no provable reason why de Kock has been charged at all. Surely he will get a not guilty and Warner could be looking at a ban for poor behaviour AGAIN.
:lol:

You didn't watch Foxsports last night re Dekock I take it.

Warner attacked verbally, yes, and in response to a verbal attack on him. So what? He got fired up - how dare he in the heat of battle. Teammates ushered him away and that was it.

Lyon has copped his punishment, albeit a petty incident at best.
If you don't think Warner and Lyon crossed the line then that's concerning. De Kock may have crossed the line but I've not seen proof of that. Do you have any proof to show me?
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45064
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by God is an Englishman »

MegaBonus wrote:yes, I do!!!

ive read your posts....you're assuming to accurately predict future behaviour based on previous behaviour....and that's were your argument fails...
I'm not convinced you do watch it. I think someone tells you a little bit and you then use it to attempt to troll. Your posts on here certainly show that.

You need to read the posts again, there's a little word in there that you're missing. Go on, give it a read again and see if you can redeem yourself.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 56060
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:
If you don't think Warner and Lyon crossed the line then that's concerning. De Kock may have crossed the line but I've not seen proof of that. Do you have any proof to show me?
Fox sports TV - look up "The back page" - last night's episode.
Ignore this signature

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45064
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
If you don't think Warner and Lyon crossed the line then that's concerning. De Kock may have crossed the line but I've not seen proof of that. Do you have any proof to show me?
Fox sports TV - look up "The back page" - last night's episode.
Have seen it via somewhere else, couldn't make out what he said. What was it?
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 56060
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
If you don't think Warner and Lyon crossed the line then that's concerning. De Kock may have crossed the line but I've not seen proof of that. Do you have any proof to show me?
Fox sports TV - look up "The back page" - last night's episode.
Have seen it via somewhere else, couldn't make out what he said. What was it?
Something about his missus and some of it deliberately "toned down" probably due to colourful language - and I doubt it was anything to do with the colour of her seat covers. :wink:
Ignore this signature

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45064
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by God is an Englishman »

So we still don't have any actual proof then.

I've been told he asked about LBW and warner thought he said SBW.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 56060
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:So we still don't have any actual proof then.

I've been told he asked about LBW and warner thought he said SBW.
Proof? Plenty of players were there - ask them.

Still amazes that blokes will be "man enough" to face quick bowlers bowling bouncers at their heads and what not, yet a few words are exchanged and all hell breaks loose. Give each other heaps, who cares, but leave family/sex/race out of it maybe?

That said, lets face it - with a name like "de Kock" you'd expect the odd jibe to come your way. :P
Ignore this signature

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 6:38 pm

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by Frank Costanza »

Whilst I agree family should be off-limits it clearly isn't if the rumours of what was said are true.

If Warner has said anything (and i mean anything) about anyone's family members then he must expect a comment or 2 about his wife given her history.
The fact he can't take the verbal despite being an avid sledger just shows him to be quite pathetic.
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45064
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by God is an Englishman »

2 stories I've heard about it are great.

[warner can say what he likes about someone's mum and sister but mention his cum guzzling wife and he has a cry

The other I've heard is that midget was taking the piss out out his surname and quentin replied:

If you're going to worry about any grenache's it should probably be Sonny Bill's.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45064
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:So we still don't have any actual proof then.

I've been told he asked about LBW and warner thought he said SBW.
Proof? Plenty of players were there - ask them.

Still amazes that blokes will be "man enough" to face quick bowlers bowling bouncers at their heads and what not, yet a few words are exchanged and all hell breaks loose. Give each other heaps, who cares, but leave family/sex/race out of it maybe?

That said, lets face it - with a name like "de Kock" you'd expect the odd jibe to come your way. :P

Paine has said he crossed the line, not what he said.

Smith said it was about midget's wife hut has said he didn't hear it.

As for his name, i hope the story I just heard is true.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 56060
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by Bomber »

Storm/teacup.

Play on.

Should be a good second test and maybe a bit more fire than usual - seems test cricket in Saffer needs it.
Ignore this signature

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1762
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:29 pm

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by Wayne Kerr »

God is an Englishman wrote:Exageratted?

Lyon throws the ball at a bloke on the ground and has been fined part of his match fee. FACT.

Warner tried to start a fight as the players walked off the pitch. FACT.

Oh dear.... someone needs to calm down

:oops:
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!




Image

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1762
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:29 pm

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by Wayne Kerr »

God is an Englishman wrote:2 stories I've heard about it are great.

[warner can say what he likes about someone's mum and sister but mention his cum guzzling wife and he has a cry

The other I've heard is that midget was taking the piss out out his surname and quentin replied:

If you're going to worry about any grenache's it should probably be Sonny Bill's.

Whatever was said is not the issue, either true or not; but if the remark was about Warner's wife/daughter well then that's not-on.
I bet you would stand up for your daughter if someone said something degrading about her???

end of the day, Sledging on the field has been going on for ages, but personally attacking someone else's wife/daughter is just pathetic and spineless.
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!




Image

Post Reply