Aus v Sth Africa

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Aus v Sth Africa

Post by God is an Englishman »

Wayne Kerr wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:2 stories I've heard about it are great.

[warner can say what he likes about someone's mum and sister but mention his cum guzzling wife and he has a cry

The other I've heard is that midget was taking the piss out out his surname and quentin replied:

If you're going to worry about any grenache's it should probably be Sonny Bill's.

Whatever was said is not the issue, either true or not; but if the remark was about Warner's wife/daughter well then that's not-on.
I bet you would stand up for your daughter if someone said something degrading about her???

end of the day, Sledging on the field has been going on for ages, but personally attacking someone else's wife/daughter is just pathetic and spineless.
I have attacked people for making comments about my family and been "punished' for doing so. As i have said before, warner has a reputation for crossing the line. It seems this time he got some back and didn't like it. Maybe it will teach him a lesson in the future.

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Wayne Kerr wrote:
Whatever was said is not the issue, either true or not; but if the remark was about Warner's wife/daughter well then that's not-on.
I bet you would stand up for your daughter if someone said something degrading about her???

end of the day, Sledging on the field has been going on for ages, but personally attacking someone else's wife/daughter is just pathetic and spineless.
I have attacked people for making comments about my family and been "punished' for doing so. As i have said before, warner has a reputation for crossing the line. It seems this time he got some back and didn't like it. Maybe it will teach him a lesson in the future.

2 wrongs don't make a right
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

I think we all know that.

predator
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by predator »

After the vicious assault on Steve smith as he left the field, one can only hope for a lengthy ban for the serial offender

Clem Fandango
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Clem Fandango »

Grosso, can you hear me?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

predator wrote:After the vicious assault on Steve smith as he left the field, one can only hope for a lengthy ban for the serial offender

Hahaha - Smith won't get a ban at all.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Clem Fandango wrote:Image

:lol:

I can hear you Clem Fandango.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Warner accused of ball tampering now as well. They've moved on from the sugar in their pockets.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Do I detect some residual tears from the ashes, or is it just that South Africa is such a great breeding ground for english cricketers there is so much love for them?
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:Do I detect some residual tears from the ashes, or is it just that South Africa is such a great breeding ground for english cricketers there is so much love for them?
Just pointing out what's been reported. Warner's had enough tears for all of us.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Marsh now swearing at someone for getting him out.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:Marsh now swearing at someone for getting him out.
Yet Rabada gets two games for continuous breaches - but hey, its only Aussies who do wrong.

Saffers are the worst offenders when it comes to "on field behaviour" issues - but as I said, I can see why poms don't throw anything at them as they may end up shooting one of their own.
Ignore this signature

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

Bomber wrote:
Yet Rabada gets two games for continuous breaches - but hey, its only Aussies who do wrong.

Saffers are the worst offenders when it comes to "on field behaviour" issues - but as I said, I can see why poms don't throw anything at them as they may end up shooting one of their own.

That's a joke, seriously!
2 game ban!!

South Africa have lost their most potent bowler for next 2 games.
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:

What did Rabada do wrong? Yes, he waa a bit over the top with his celebration but that's it.

So Rabada v warner/lyon and marsh..it's not just the aussies but that's 3-1 and all 3 worse than the 1. Actually, 3-2 I forgot tbat de Kock was also charged. 2 minor south african issues.

Australia seem to be the common denominator but you just can't see that.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Smith said before hand they were going to target Rabada to get him banned, looks he won. With one of the most exiting players of the series rubbed out not sure if the game of test cricket is the winner though

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bomber wrote:

What did Rabada do wrong? Yes, he waa a bit over the top with his celebration but that's it.

So Rabada v warner/lyon and marsh..it's not just the aussies but that's 3-1 and all 3 worse than the 1. Actually, 3-2 I forgot tbat de Kock was also charged. 2 minor south african issues.

So who were Saffers playing against when they received their prior sanctions? They had seven before this series, vs Australia 3.

End of, they can be a pig-headed bunch and certainly are no angels when it comes to chatter and antics.

The only thing common here is poms whingeing again, even in a series that they're not involved in.

PS - I don't think Rabada should have been suspended BUT he was treading on eggshells from priors - but let's forget that shall we?
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:So who were Saffers playing against when they received their prior sanctions? They had seven before this series, vs Australia 3.

End of, they can be a pig-headed bunch and certainly are no angels when it comes to chatter and antics.

The only thing common here is poms whingeing again, even in a series that they're not involved in.

PS - I don't think Rabada should have been suspended BUT he was treading on eggshells from priors - but let's forget that shall we?
I know one of Rabada's was against England.

Look at the 5 people charged with anything in this series. The 3 open and shut cases are the aussies. The 2 SA ones are negligible. Someone may have said something, someone celebrated taking a wicket.

Not whingeing, stating facts and discussion points from the series.

Rabada's not a good look and (as you said) was treading on egg shells.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

I understand that the game is getting out of hand with the supposed "psychological" battles, and it's wearing a bit thin. What once was banter, humour and go for a drink after the day's play (or match) seems to be a thing of the past.
I agree with Michael Holding and may have mentioned it earlier somewhere - give the umps yellow and red cards - the yellow is first warning and another one will mean a red and off for the rest of the game (no bat, no bowl, no field) thus playing one short. Serious infringement - straight red and much like football, depending on the offence suspended for next game/s.
It will stop quick smart and everyone can get on wit the game.
I also agree with Skull O'Keeffe - the over-celebrating of a wicket and sending off the batsman is ridiculous (all teams guilty at times) - a batsman cant be more out once he's out, so why bother?
The ICC needs to grow some balls and act - at least then there wont be any criticism of "where the lines are drawn" any more. Make some rules - advise all playing nations - adopt them and see how it goes. Currently its open slather - and remember India, NZ and Windies aren't exactly choir boys when it comes to all of this either.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

All countries do it, correct. However, if stories are true then the aussies have no idea where the line is amd then the first to complain that others have crossed the line.

Admittedly only rumours but Bairstow got some very personal and disgusting comments from Warner and then did it again to de Kock.

Who can forget the mcgrath v sarwan. When he went personal and then jumped up and down when it came back at him.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:All countries do it, correct. However, if stories are true then the aussies have no idea where the line is amd then the first to complain that others have crossed the line.

Admittedly only rumours but Bairstow got some very personal and disgusting comments from Warner and then did it again to de Kock.

Who can forget the mcgrath v sarwan. When he went personal and then jumped up and down when it came back at him.
So it will always be he said/she said until they come up with an alternative solution. I don't care too much about some words on the pitch, but lately it seems the old "colour of your seat covers" isn't enough and people are testing the boundaries by, in their eyes, pushing the envelope.
The more I ever got sledged, the more I was determined to play better, ie it didn't put me off my game (as negligible a player I was) - maybe that's why I don't see the big deal. Clearly others do and are deeply offended by some words.
Ignore this signature

Clem Fandango
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Clem Fandango »

Grosso, can you hear me?

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

Bomber wrote:

Seriously???

That's one of the dumbest things I have read on here (normally you are sharper than that).

In a series between two countries that has been highly aggressive, you are suggesting that Australia is the common denominator in a confrontation between the two sides.
It's all in the Delivery!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

No I am suggesting that there's been a number of confrontations in reccent test series.

australia v india
australia v England
australia v south africa

Can you see the common denominator?

Australia becoming like liverpool - it's never their fault.

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

God is an Englishman wrote:No I am suggesting that there's been a number of confrontations in reccent test series.

australia v india
australia v England
australia v south africa

You didn't say that though did you?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Brian the Postman wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:No I am suggesting that there's been a number of confrontations in reccent test series.

australia v india
australia v England
australia v south africa

I also didn't say I was just talking about the one series, you just assumed.

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Brian the Postman wrote:

australia v india
australia v England
australia v south africa

I also didn't say I was just talking about the one series, you just assumed.
Weaseling and deflecting again.

Mápó Tòfu
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Mápó Tòfu »

When does the third test start?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Mápó Tòfu wrote:When does the third test start?
Tomorrow

It will be either very spicy OR everyone will be pretty quiet.

I predict the former, seeing the ICC don't seem to care much about on field antics (in reality)
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Brian the Postman wrote:
So, I give you a basic fact and I'm deflecting and weasling :lol:

Seems to me that you know I'm right but just can't admit it. Don't worry, I've beaten better than you.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Brian the Postman wrote:
So, I give you a basic fact and I'm deflecting and weasling :lol:

Seems to me that you know I'm right but just can't admit it. Don't worry, I've beaten better than you.
Kids believe in Easter Bunny too, you know, in their minds.....
Ignore this signature