Never self-report

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Stich This
Squad Player
Squad Player

Never self-report

Post by Stich This »

Whether its an a-league salary cap thing or even an ASADA-type thing,
the lesson is not to be a goody-2-shoes and self report on the expectation that you'll be treated leniently.
And players , when questioned , should just 'do not recall' - dont cooperate - let the authorities earn their effin money. What happened to pleading the fifth?

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Never self-report

Post by Stitch This »

kevinkeegan wrote:Whether its an a-league salary cap thing or even an ASADA-type thing,
the lesson is not to be a goody-2-shoes and self report on the expectation that you'll be treated leniently.
And players , when questioned , should just 'do not recall' - dont cooperate - let the authorities earn their effin money. What happened to pleading the fifth?
So cheating is OK kiddies.
Time for some righteous indignation

Statler and Waldorf
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Statler and Waldorf »

Or you could play by the rules maybe?

Always seeking an illegal advantage just shows a lack of quality or knowledge
Whats wrong with you?
Its either indigestion or this forum, and I hope its indigestion
Why?
Because at least I know that will get better in a little while

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ »

This, like the last 3 topics he's posted, has nothing to do with Local or A-league football.

Go find yourself a AFL or Cricket forum.

Old Gregg
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Old Gregg »

kevinkeegan wrote:Whether its an a-league salary cap thing or even an ASADA-type thing,
I thought one of the major problems was that Essendon players failed to disclose the fact that they were given supplements, when they were given the chance to do so... staying schtum doesn't help anyone.

No sympathy at all. It was cheating the system in a wide and organized way. There is no option but to ban the players involved, if they have been hard done by they can sue the club.

If this happened at an A-League club I'd want exactly the same result.

FUBAR
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FUBAR »

How did the Bulldogs rugby league team get away with it?

Would you go into a police station and say, hey can you check, think I was speeding down south rd?

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

FUBAR wrote:How did the Bulldogs rugby league team get away with it?

Would you go into a police station and say, hey can you check, think I was speeding down south rd?
I don't think that's an accurate comparison. More like "my boss is forcing me to speed down South Rd."

Baresi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Baresi »

Old Gregg wrote:
I thought one of the major problems was that Essendon players failed to disclose the fact that they were given supplements, when they were given the chance to do so... staying schtum doesn't help anyone.

No sympathy at all. It was cheating the system in a wide and organized way. There is no option but to ban the players involved, if they have been hard done by they can sue the club.

if it was the Chinese swim team we would ask for blood!

Baresi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Baresi »

I think they admitted to it. They did get some sort of penalty, i don't remember what though.

I think Essendon got in trouble is they kept denying it and kept fighting it. Asada then referred it to WADA and they were the ones that have handed down the penalty.

I may be wrong though.

Stich This
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Stich This »

Stitch This wrote:
Cheating is not ok . But when the key evidence includes your words, which may get manipulated to wada's advantage by selective means, then why should you?
No tests came back positive. Before you use the lance Armstrong analogy, the circumstantial evidence in his case was huge. Not so in this case.

oneleggedseagull
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by oneleggedseagull »

It seems the AFL got its wish, trouble is by trying to be recognised as more than just a parochial sport that gets supported by point 1% of the population of the world the World governing body was brought in and justified its existence by destroying a lot of poor kids dream life.

Unfortunately they listened to the bosses, who probably thought they were only dealing with guys who thought AFL was a big deal. Instead they got a mob who made Lance Armstrong broken and may cause a boycott of Russia from this years Olympics.
So the lesson is NOT to take drugs in an attempt to gain an advantage even in game practically no-one cares abouit

Adi
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Adi »

Stuckey wrote:

I don't think that's an accurate comparison. More like "my boss is forcing me to speed down South Rd."

I don't think that's an accurate comparison. More like "my boss is forcing me to speed down South Rd and I am choosing to willingly conforming to his request."[/

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Adi wrote:
Stuckey wrote:

I don't think that's an accurate comparison. More like "my boss is forcing me to speed down South Rd and I am choosing to willingly conforming to his request."[/
I guess it depends on what's on the line if you don't conform. Many of these players were young kids in their first year or so of their dream job.
I'm sure if they kicked up a stink about this they'd be out the door. The line up behind these kids to take their place is very long.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Baresi wrote:
Old Gregg wrote:

if it was the Chinese swim team we would ask for blood!
VERY TRUE!

Facts are simple here

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Stitch This wrote:
People tend to come clean (pun intended) when they are just about to be found out anyway.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Baresi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Baresi »

looks like it is going to get worse for them
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... b71e928b90
Even Kochie wants to sue essendon!

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

I think in the name of decency you should change your avatar - - the owner of that name would be disgusted to have your comments attributed to him. :shock:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:

I think in the name of decency you should change your avatar - - the owner of that name would be disgusted to have your comments attributed to him. :shock:
What team did you play with him in?

Stich This
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Stich This »

Old Master wrote:

A little precious now are we?
My guess is KK would stand up for his principles and not wimp out
like the average joe - even though these days the general public
prefer pragmatism over justice. If you don't believe you're guilty , why
accept it and play games with little worms.

bench-warmer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by bench-warmer »

Stuckey wrote: I guess it depends on what's on the line if you don't conform. Many of these players were young kids in their first year or so of their dream job.
I'm sure if they kicked up a stink about this they'd be out the door. The line up behind these kids to take their place is very long.
Not that long if you listen to the dons whine about how tough it will be to replace their players this season. I'm pretty sure if the 34 players had had a quiet chat and decided they weren't liking where it was heading, the club would have changed their 'performance program'.
Because everyone needs one.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Cronulla Sharks ???? Players were suspended for 3 months
Not lenient??? Normal sentence is 2 years .....

teddles
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by teddles »

kevinkeegan wrote:
Stitch This wrote:
Cheating is not ok . But when the key evidence includes your words, which may get manipulated to wada's advantage by selective means, then why should you?
No tests came back positive. Before you use the lance Armstrong analogy, the circumstantial evidence in his case was huge. Not so in this case.
Utter rubbish. But it's clear that you only want to support the AFL.
Fact. They cheated by doping.
Fact. They lied about it and covered it up, even from their own team mates and in at least one case, from his own doctor.

Conclusion. They are scum.

As for people trying to claim 'they were forced to'. Get real. They knew what they were doing was wrong but they did it anyway. Sure, your 'boss might want you to speed down South Road', but YOU are the one driving the car. Choose to cheat, pay the price.

Stich This
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Stich This »

Whatever

Jílín Shěng
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jílín Shěng »

teddles wrote:Sure, your 'boss might want you to speed down South Road', but YOU are the one driving the car.
If I'm driving a car I've taken the wrong vehicle out of depot.
Gotta love Chinese whispers

Dr Feelgood
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Dr Feelgood »

Jílín Shěng wrote:If I'm driving a car I've taken the wrong vehicle out of depot.
Careful you don't get a Yellow Card.

It's not that I'm old - your music really does SUCK

Jílín Shěng
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jílín Shěng »

Would rather a yellow card than a pink slip :P
Gotta love Chinese whispers

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

To be fair Essendon didn't get their two warnings before actually being banned, you can understand their confusion.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

My congratulations go to the afl for being the first to bring the formerly 'clean and Green' reputation of Australian sport down to the level of Russia and China (and the USA for that matter).

We are now recognised as a sports' doping country - thanks Essendon.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:My congratulations go to the afl for being the first to bring the formerly 'clean and Green' reputation of Australian sport down to the level of Russia and China (and the USA for that matter).

We? I thought you were English or did you lie about that as well?

It's all Eseendon's fault that australia is seen as soft on drugs in sport. It's Essendon's faults that a number of Cronulla players were caught, It's Essendon's fault that aussies feel that shane warne was hard done by when in fact he got off easy, it's essendon's fault that the afl is so soft on drugs it has a 3 strikes policy.

It's all Essendon's fault

Oh and they were the first :lol:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-02-07/d ... rt/4505884

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Old Master wrote:My congratulations go to the afl for being the first to bring the formerly 'clean and Green' reputation of Australian sport down to the level of Russia and China (and the USA for that matter).

Number of doping cases in athletes:

Australia: 9

Great Britain: 19