"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:59 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Charity Cheat
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:19 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
Bomber wrote:
^

Those carrying tins that I place coins in usually make it clear which charity it is (visually) or is such a task beyond you?


It's for the GIAE Foundation, I told you that.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charity Cheat
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:28 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
^

Those carrying tins that I place coins in usually make it clear which charity it is (visually) or is such a task beyond you?


It's for the GIAE Foundation, I told you that.


Tell me about your foundation and who from the "luckless" benefits - kids with cancer, the blind, poor people in the east, what?

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charity Cheat
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:33 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
^

Those carrying tins that I place coins in usually make it clear which charity it is (visually) or is such a task beyond you?


It's for the GIAE Foundation, I told you that.


Tell me about your foundation and who from the "luckless" benefits - kids with cancer, the blind, poor people in the east, what?


I could give you the easy answer of - The same charities that the Shane Warne Foundation gave money to

OR

I could say, pick a charity and I will ensure your $3.20 goes there.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charity Cheat
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:49 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
I may as well give donations to anyone who looks needy then. At least when the blind collect money, I see signs, badges, tins clearly stating for the blind, so I will give to the blind. If 16% goes to the blind and 84% to the bloke collecting, I'm fine with that.
So you'll have to do better

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charity Cheat
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:04 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
Bomber wrote:
I may as well give donations to anyone who looks needy then. At least when the blind collect money, I see signs, badges, tins clearly stating for the blind, so I will give to the blind. If 16% goes to the blind and 84% to the bloke collecting, I'm fine with that.
So you'll have to do better


There you have it - that's the Shane Warne Foundation Model and you have turned it down.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charity Cheat
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:55 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:44 pm
Posts: 884
Talking of dodgy charities

http://tinyurl.com/zotnsl6


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charity Cheat
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:19 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
I may as well give donations to anyone who looks needy then. At least when the blind collect money, I see signs, badges, tins clearly stating for the blind, so I will give to the blind. If 16% goes to the blind and 84% to the bloke collecting, I'm fine with that.
So you'll have to do better


There you have it - that's the Shane Warne Foundation Model and you have turned it down.


Still don't see the link. Perhaps you'd like to give me a list of those who are pissed off that they didn't get satisfaction of their donations to his foundation. They'd only publicise their stupidity at best anyway.

Btw, did Warney (or any celebrity highlighting a charitable cause) categorically state that 100% of proceeds would go direct there?

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charity Cheat
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:33 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
I may as well give donations to anyone who looks needy then. At least when the blind collect money, I see signs, badges, tins clearly stating for the blind, so I will give to the blind. If 16% goes to the blind and 84% to the bloke collecting, I'm fine with that.
So you'll have to do better


There you have it - that's the Shane Warne Foundation Model and you have turned it down.


Still don't see the link. Perhaps you'd like to give me a list of those who are pissed off that they didn't get satisfaction of their donations to his foundation. They'd only publicise their stupidity at best anyway.

Btw, did Warney (or any celebrity highlighting a charitable cause) categorically state that 100% of proceeds would go direct there?


Pick a charity, but me lunch and I'll donate $3.20 to it then. That's basically what the Warne foundation has done and you seem to think that's fine.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charity Cheat
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:08 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Hey, even you said a great job if you can get it, but its not ok for someone else to "get away with it"?

Talk to your local MP and see about getting the law changed.

Question in previous post unanswered btw.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charity Cheat
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:41 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
theres lots of things that are good work if you can get it, doesn't mean it's right.

Unanswered question - no Warne hasn't said that every cent is going to the charity. There is an expectation obviously that more than 16% will though.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charity Cheat
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:03 pm 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:14 pm
Posts: 5745
The sad thing is that people volunteer their time collecting for charities, only for a majority of that money going to pay the wages of the people running the charities.

Would you give up your time to collect money on behalf of, say Commonwealth Bank, if you knew that the first $800 of the grand you collected was going into the bank managers pocket? He promises he'll give $200 to a worthy cause though. promise.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charity Cheat
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:10 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 11708
Location: On a freight train to crazy town
El Paso del Norte wrote:
The sad thing is that people volunteer their time collecting for charities, only for a majority of that money going to pay the wages of the people running the charities.

Would you give up your time to collect money on behalf of, say Commonwealth Bank, if you knew that the first $800 of the grand you collected was going into the bank managers pocket? He promises he'll give $200 to a worthy cause though. promise.

Gross oversimplification of the issue.

_________________
Time for some righteous indignation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charity Cheat
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:41 pm 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:14 pm
Posts: 5745
Stitch This wrote:
El Paso del Norte wrote:
The sad thing is that people volunteer their time collecting for charities, only for a majority of that money going to pay the wages of the people running the charities.

Would you give up your time to collect money on behalf of, say Commonwealth Bank, if you knew that the first $800 of the grand you collected was going into the bank managers pocket? He promises he'll give $200 to a worthy cause though. promise.

Gross oversimplification of the issue.


Not really.

Bomber said he didnt care, it was 16c going to a cause that wouldnt have otherwise gone there.

This situation has 20c going to a cause.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charity Cheat
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:44 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
El Paso del Norte wrote:
Stitch This wrote:
El Paso del Norte wrote:
The sad thing is that people volunteer their time collecting for charities, only for a majority of that money going to pay the wages of the people running the charities.

Would you give up your time to collect money on behalf of, say Commonwealth Bank, if you knew that the first $800 of the grand you collected was going into the bank managers pocket? He promises he'll give $200 to a worthy cause though. promise.

Gross oversimplification of the issue.


Not really.

Bomber said he didnt care, it was 16c going to a cause that wouldnt have otherwise gone there.

This situation has 20c going to a cause.


Basic principle - Bloke no 1 goes out collects $1,000, $160 goes to the charity, the rest to claim legally the expenses. Bloke no 2 sits back and does nothing - charity gets nothing.

Which bloke has done more for the charity, 1 or 2?

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charity Cheat
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:06 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:45 pm
Posts: 607
Location: U.K
If warne was claiming those expenses legally, he would have been only too happy to open the books for an audit. As it was, he chose to close the foundation down. He's a cheat, plain & simple, as he has been all his miserable life. As to which of 1 or 2 is better for a charity, neither are, as when people realize how little ends up going to the charity, they will feel less & less inclined to donate.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charity Cheat
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:54 pm 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:14 pm
Posts: 5745
Bomber wrote:
El Paso del Norte wrote:
Stitch This wrote:
Gross oversimplification of the issue.


Not really.

Bomber said he didnt care, it was 16c going to a cause that wouldnt have otherwise gone there.

This situation has 20c going to a cause.


Basic principle - Bloke no 1 goes out collects $1,000, $160 goes to the charity, the rest to claim legally the expenses. Bloke no 2 sits back and does nothing - charity gets nothing.

Which bloke has done more for the charity, 1 or 2?


shiraz that.

What an inefficient way to collect money. The primary beneficiary being the charity people themselves.

At least bloke two isn't enabling these scammers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charity Cheat
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:26 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
In other words, person no 1.

Lesson - don't donate to "causes" if something smells fishy or if you have doubts you're contribution will not sufficiently reach its desired destination.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charity Cheat
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:38 pm 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:17 pm
Posts: 1818
If only 20c in the dollar goes to the actual need, the donation being tax deductible you claim back that 20c in $ at tax time and you give nothing in reality. The government then allocates our money to these businesses / charities (run by $400 grand a year execs. funded by you) to franchise out the duties that we specifically elected them to do for us in the first place. To facilitate the increasing wealth gap the horrible myth that there is not enough to go around becomes more ingrained in our consciousness as we increasingly hold our hands out to the benevolence of these charities for what is or was our money to begin with. If Murdoch and Google alone paid their taxes would we even need a children’s charity?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charity Cheat
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:21 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
N5 1BH wrote:
If only 20c in the dollar goes to the actual need, the donation being tax deductible you claim back that 20c in $ at tax time and you give nothing in reality. The government then allocates our money to these businesses / charities (run by $400 grand a year execs. funded by you) to franchise out the duties that we specifically elected them to do for us in the first place. To facilitate the increasing wealth gap the horrible myth that there is not enough to go around becomes more ingrained in our consciousness as we increasingly hold our hands out to the benevolence of these charities for what is or was our money to begin with. If Murdoch and Google alone paid their taxes would we even need a children’s charity?


Murdoch is an american citizen who lives in america - why would he pay tax in australia?

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charity Cheat
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:45 pm 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:14 pm
Posts: 5745
N5 1BH wrote:
If only 20c in the dollar goes to the actual need, the donation being tax deductible you claim back that 20c in $ at tax time and you give nothing in reality. The government then allocates our money to these businesses / charities (run by $400 grand a year execs. funded by you) to franchise out the duties that we specifically elected them to do for us in the first place. To facilitate the increasing wealth gap the horrible myth that there is not enough to go around becomes more ingrained in our consciousness as we increasingly hold our hands out to the benevolence of these charities for what is or was our money to begin with. If Murdoch and Google alone paid their taxes would we even need a children’s charity?


You might be an ok bloke after all


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charity Cheat
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:19 pm 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:17 pm
Posts: 1818
El Paso del Norte wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:
If only 20c in the dollar goes to the actual need, the donation being tax deductible you claim back that 20c in $ at tax time and you give nothing in reality. The government then allocates our money to these businesses / charities (run by $400 grand a year execs. funded by you) to franchise out the duties that we specifically elected them to do for us in the first place. To facilitate the increasing wealth gap the horrible myth that there is not enough to go around becomes more ingrained in our consciousness as we increasingly hold our hands out to the benevolence of these charities for what is or was our money to begin with. If Murdoch and Google alone paid their taxes would we even need a children’s charity?


You might be an ok bloke after all


:lol: :lol:
Nah I'm still a champagne


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charity Cheat
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:23 pm 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:09 pm
Posts: 2229
Location: 300kms North of Dingo Whoop Whoop
B.Toomer wrote:
If warne was claiming those expenses legally, he would have been only too happy to open the books for an audit. As it was, he chose to close the foundation down. He's a cheat, plain & simple, as he has been all his miserable life. As to which of 1 or 2 is better for a charity, neither are, as when people realize how little ends up going to the charity, they will feel less & less inclined to donate.

he is still being audited, regardless.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charity Cheat
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:52 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
N5 1BH wrote:
El Paso del Norte wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:
If only 20c in the dollar goes to the actual need, the donation being tax deductible you claim back that 20c in $ at tax time and you give nothing in reality. The government then allocates our money to these businesses / charities (run by $400 grand a year execs. funded by you) to franchise out the duties that we specifically elected them to do for us in the first place. To facilitate the increasing wealth gap the horrible myth that there is not enough to go around becomes more ingrained in our consciousness as we increasingly hold our hands out to the benevolence of these charities for what is or was our money to begin with. If Murdoch and Google alone paid their taxes would we even need a children’s charity?


You might be an ok bloke after all


:lol: :lol:
Nah I'm still a champagne


Agreed. :P

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charity Cheat
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:51 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 11708
Location: On a freight train to crazy town
I just love these guys....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-26/pearls-group-over-$100m-from-scam-tracked-to-australia/7199358

Brett Lee..."I know nothing" :lol:

_________________
Time for some righteous indignation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charity Cheat
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:41 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 11708
Location: On a freight train to crazy town
Warnie's PR people working overtime to restore his 'hero's status

http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/australia/shane-warne-the-flipper-that-transformed-spinners-career/news-story/5f5b3c3554a24ce2da3d60203c94983c

I wonder if it's the same company that handles the Foundations PR and if so how they divvy up the invoices?

_________________
Time for some righteous indignation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charity Cheat
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:01 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 11708
Location: On a freight train to crazy town
Shane Warne and Didier Drogba seen swapping notes over coffee in London recently.

_________________
Time for some righteous indignation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charity Cheat
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:17 pm 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:14 pm
Posts: 5745
Oxfam doing a stellar job taking care of the vulnerable.

Keep donating those $, get that feel good glow when you virtue signal at the work water cooler.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charity Cheat
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:40 am 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:08 am
Posts: 3766
Location: looking around
ironic thread this one..
no ball tampering though in this thread :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group