"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:23 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:40 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55000
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Nice dodge of questions. Pretty much sums things up in itself!


Previously you had said that it wasn't doctoring if it didn't change the way the wicket played.

It's so obvious even Nigel Llong can see that both the saca and waca haven't performed "normally", even your own player agrees with me.


I'll narrow it down to one question seeing you're struggling with it. Explain how this (or these) "abnormality of pitch/es" further favoured the home team in particular?

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:42 pm 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:17 pm
Posts: 1992
CA are ordering a pitch they want to suit their purpose. What purpose is their business, they are the home team


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:45 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55000
Location: Between the lake and the beach
N5 1BH wrote:
CA are ordering a pitch they want to suit their purpose. What purpose is their business, they are the home team


CA have ordered it have they? Not from what I've been reading.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:47 pm 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:17 pm
Posts: 1992
CA, CT same thing


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:56 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55000
Location: Between the lake and the beach
So a curator who preps his own pitch is now CA or CT.

Hmmm, o..............k................

If its all about CA, surely they would want as much play as possible and order a road. The expected green top could mean its over in 2 days. Is that good business?

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:59 pm 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:17 pm
Posts: 1992
Hobart want a day night test next year which currently would require a particular type of pitch, or not.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:08 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55000
Location: Between the lake and the beach
N5 1BH wrote:
Hobart want a day night test next year which currently would require a particular type of pitch, or not.


Yes, it requires a test cricket pitch. It will also need 2 teams, a ball, a few umpires.........

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:28 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44280
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Nice dodge of questions. Pretty much sums things up in itself!


Previously you had said that it wasn't doctoring if it didn't change the way the wicket played.

It's so obvious even Nigel Llong can see that both the saca and waca haven't performed "normally", even your own player agrees with me.


I'll narrow it down to one question seeing you're struggling with it. Explain how this (or these) "abnormality of pitch/es" further favoured the home team in particular?


Why does it have to favour the home side to be doctoring, doctoring is doctoring.

You could argue that a road was produced in Perth to mean Warner etc could bat NZ out of the game.

How did the Oval wicket in 09 favour the home side? Yet still England were accused of doctoring.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:29 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44280
Bomber wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:
CA are ordering a pitch they want to suit their purpose. What purpose is their business, they are the home team


CA have ordered it have they? Not from what I've been reading.


Where did you read about the ECB ordering a doctored pitch.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:42 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55000
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:
CA are ordering a pitch they want to suit their purpose. What purpose is their business, they are the home team


CA have ordered it have they? Not from what I've been reading.


Where did you read about the ECB ordering a doctored pitch.


Perhaps you'd like to answer a few simple questions before you demand answers to others.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:45 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55000
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:

Why does it have to favour the home side to be doctoring, doctoring is doctoring.



Ah ha, this is the point you are clearly missing. By and large, most test cricket teams DO doctor to favour the home side. We don't. There's the difference. Simple!

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:53 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44280
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:

Why does it have to favour the home side to be doctoring, doctoring is doctoring.



Ah ha, this is the point you are clearly missing. By and large, most test cricket teams DO doctor to favour the home side. We don't. There's the difference. Simple!


But even Khawaja agrees with me that you doctor pitches.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:54 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44280
Bomber wrote:

Perhaps you'd like to answer a few simple questions before you demand answers to others.


What are you waiting on?

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:08 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55000
Location: Between the lake and the beach
^

Scroll function not working?

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:10 pm 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:17 pm
Posts: 1992
While we are on the subject of how best to prepare a cricket pitch, (I like a bit of green myself) the county league in England are trialling scrapping the coin toss for next year, sort of. Mainly to encourage pitches to help the spinners apparently

“The visiting captain will be offered the opportunity of bowling first. If he declines, the toss will take place as normal. But if he accepts, there will be no toss."

Might be worth extending it to tests if all goes well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:32 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44280
Bomber wrote:
^

Scroll function not working?

You seem to feel I haven't answered any, so provide them again and I will duly answer.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:00 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55000
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Lazy champagne

Bomber wrote:
1. Let me know what the pitch was like the last day/night test was with a pink ball?
2. Did this pitch favour the home team specifically due to their form/line up?
3. Was this pitch a direct attempt at making it harder for the away team?


Bomber wrote:
Any comment on the fact that the Hobart pitch is being prepared to (if anything) give the visiting team half a chance?

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:27 am 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain

Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:47 pm
Posts: 5908
God is an Englishman wrote:
Facts are simple here - Khawaja also thinks the pitch was doctored.


Where? It says "doctoring green decks to preserve the pink ball is not what Test cricket is about."

I agree with that. It's not what Test cricket is about. There's not admission or implication that any pitch was doctored. He's stating that pitches should not be doctored, and that's something we should all agree on.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:40 am 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:09 pm
Posts: 2235
Location: 300kms North of Dingo Whoop Whoop
doctored to suit the ball, not the home team.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:51 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44280
Slinky_Pete wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Facts are simple here - Khawaja also thinks the pitch was doctored.


Where? It says "doctoring green decks to preserve the pink ball is not what Test cricket is about."

I agree with that. It's not what Test cricket is about. There's not admission or implication that any pitch was doctored. He's stating that pitches should not be doctored, and that's something we should all agree on.


And in the context that this is exactly what happened in Adelaide

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:03 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44280
Bomber wrote:
Lazy champagne

Bomber wrote:
1. Let me know what the pitch was like the last day/night test was with a pink ball?
2. Did this pitch favour the home team specifically due to their form/line up?
3. Was this pitch a direct attempt at making it harder for the away team?


Bomber wrote:
Any comment on the fact that the Hobart pitch is being prepared to (if anything) give the visiting team half a chance?


1. As you know there's not been one, don't see the relevance though.

2. There may have been a plan to stop McCullum for all we know

3. I don't know, I wasn't in the meetings.

Hobart - I don't know anything about it



So, was the Adelaide oval left with more grass on it than it normally would have?

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:47 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55000
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Maybe a smidgin. It's usually quite flat and the team that bowls first can have success with early tinge of green. Clearly the bowlers had a better time of it than the batsmen although that could be credited to fact that it was day/nighter, pink ball and all that as well, plus it only lasted 3 days so its more than possible that days 4 and 5 could have seen it even out and turn a lot more as would be normal with AO.
My only suspicion for that reasoning was given the fact the WACA had so many ball changes and that there was some doubt about the longevity of the pink ball, there may have been some thoughts by the curator to ensure a tad more grass than usual so it wouldn't turn out to be a potential farce.
But even with that, nothing done specifically as a tactic to favour the home side in a desperate quest for victory, which is the case in point.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:12 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44280
Bomber wrote:
Maybe a smidgin. It's usually quite flat and the team that bowls first can have success with early tinge of green. Clearly the bowlers had a better time of it than the batsmen although that could be credited to fact that it was day/nighter, pink ball and all that as well, plus it only lasted 3 days so its more than possible that days 4 and 5 could have seen it even out and turn a lot more as would be normal with AO.
My only suspicion for that reasoning was given the fact the WACA had so many ball changes and that there was some doubt about the longevity of the pink ball, there may have been some thoughts by the curator to ensure a tad more grass than usual so it wouldn't turn out to be a potential farce.
But even with that, nothing done specifically as a tactic to favour the home side in a desperate quest for victory, which is the case in point.


Your scenario above would require a complete reversal of an adelaide oval deck. It's normally flat as a pancake and a batsmens paradise for 3 days then becomes a bowlers deck.

So as per the above you can admit that the deck was not a traditional adelaide oval wicket and was doctored to save the ball, which is what Khawaja is saying as well.

So, maybe we can find some common ground. The Adelaide Oval deck was doctored but not to gain an advantage to the home side.

That would just leave the reasonings behind why the WACA was doctored as well.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:41 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55000
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Kiwis tearing it up at Eden Park. Made 8/307 and we're 6/57 after 11 overs :shock:

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:21 pm 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:55 am
Posts: 288
Location: Bush Pig City
Shouldn't New Zealand v Australia have its own thread?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:40 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 11830
Location: On a freight train to crazy town
....and one for South Africa vs England.

Pity the first game had to be decided by D/L after the Poms has notched up 399.

_________________
Time for some righteous indignation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:45 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 11830
Location: On a freight train to crazy town
Bomber wrote:
Kiwis tearing it up at Eden Park. Made 8/307 and we're 6/57 after 11 overs :shock:

:lol: @ Bailey and Warner bitching about Warner's non-referral.

_________________
Time for some righteous indignation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:30 pm 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:17 pm
Posts: 1992
Stitch This wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Kiwis tearing it up at Eden Park. Made 8/307 and we're 6/57 after 11 overs :shock:

:lol: @ Bailey and Warner bitching about Warner's non-referral.


Then he goes and gets given out on a Kiwi referral for LBW next game.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:29 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 11830
Location: On a freight train to crazy town
New Zealand's bowlers serving it up to Australia.

_________________
Time for some righteous indignation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia v New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:18 pm 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:17 pm
Posts: 1992
looks like the Aussie batsmen are struggling away from their comfort zone once again. I,ve heard it said that if marsh had acted like a man in the first place and walked when he knew he was out, Wade wouldn't have made himself look like a hypocritical red neck and smith wouldn't have come across as a whiny little port on tv once again. Apparently the saffers have shown the way in losing gracefully just lately, might be worth looking at. Thoughts ?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group