The Ashes tour 2015

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: The Ashes tour 2015

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bomber wrote:Like I said, then just about every cricketer is
I don't believe that to be the case. I believe most appeal because they believe the guy MIGHT be out but they don't KNOW they're not. I'd like to believe that the situation you describe above happens rarely, which is why I have highlighted the cases in this series.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Might and know - so you know what goes on in every player's mind now?

Ever thought this then - I MIGHT have caught it, I think I did, lets check though - DRS replay shows maybe I didn't. Ok, not out verdict - play on.

Scenario 2 - I think batsman MIGHT have edged it (on to pads for LBW) - but will appeal anyway. Given out - no DRS reviews left - play on.

In which scenario is batsman worse off?

But lets just call certain players cheats when it suits an agenda. Or should I say, attempt to deflect cricketing superiority. :wink:
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:Might and know - so you know what goes on in every player's mind now?

Ever thought this then - I MIGHT have caught it, I think I did, lets check though - DRS replay shows maybe I didn't. Ok, not out verdict - play on.

Scenario 2 - I think batsman MIGHT have edged it (on to pads for LBW) - but will appeal anyway. Given out - no DRS reviews left - play on.

But lets just call certain players cheats when it suits an agenda. Or should I say, attempt to deflect cricketing superiority. :wink:
Well might HAVE is not cheating.

You say certain players - I called Stuart Broad a cheat, I called Voges a cheat, I called Neville a cheat....

All have cheated.

You know when you've caught it, remember the Aussies have pushed that we should accept a fielders word for it. So they themselves are saying the fielder knows.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:Might and know - so you know what goes on in every player's mind now?

Well might HAVE is not cheating.

You say certain players - I called Stuart Broad a cheat, I called Voges a cheat, I called Neville a cheat....

All have cheated.

You know when you've caught it, remember the Aussies have pushed that we should accept a fielders word for it. So they themselves are saying the fielder knows.

:shock:

throwbackzz
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by throwbackzz »

2-0 to us I reckon.
You can find an barcelona jersey for sale and not spend a lot of money on it and still have it look fantastic with that particular outfit.-- Cheap NFL Jerseys

Adolf Hĭtler
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Adolf Hĭtler »

throwbackzz wrote:2-0 to us I reckon.
Put your money where you mouth is. I'll let you back any side to win 2-0.
I am nobody
Nobody is perfect
Therefore I am perfect.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

The Chosŏn One wrote:
throwbackzz wrote:2-0 to us I reckon.
Put your money where you mouth is. I'll let you back any side to win 2-0.
1 post and already exposed as numpty of the month. :lol:

Green top they say for the third test? Never mind, win toss, still bat first. Huge match and winner will be in prime position.
Ignore this signature

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

Tonight marks the first time since 2004 (139 tests ago) that the ECB haven't selected an African born player.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

This will also be the 100th year in succession that australia has selected at least one numpty to represent them.

3rd Test in let’s hope they’ve finally come to a consensus on the rules, will both teams will be playing one-hand-one-bounce this match ?

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Slinky_Pete wrote:Tonight marks the first time since 2004 (139 tests ago) that the ECB haven't selected an African born player.
The double standards that Aussies claim with this still makes me laugh. Aussies can whinge about some of the England cricket team being born overseas but happily gloss over the fact their rugby team has been doing it on a grander scale. Funny how it was never an issue when Australia held the ashes through the 90s??

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Redback wrote:
Slinky_Pete wrote:Tonight marks the first time since 2004 (139 tests ago) that the ECB haven't selected an African born player.
The double standards that Aussies claim with this still makes me laugh. Aussies can whinge about some of the England cricket team being born overseas but happily gloss over the fact their rugby team has been doing it on a grander scale. Funny how it was never an issue when Australia held the ashes through the 90s??
It's irrelevant anyway, place of birth is irrelevant to nationality.

Mossack Fonseca
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Mossack Fonseca »

Please tell me more.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Sadly rain on day one , but great seats with excellent view . Also lots more leg room than at Adelaide Oval.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Sadly rain on day one , but great seats with excellent view . Also lots more leg room than at Adelaide Oval.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Vegetable Man wrote:Please tell me more.
Under English law, being born in England doesn't guarantee you a British passport. Having an English parent does.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Strangely, I am enjoying this test match a little bit more than Lords.

Who is Ozzie Owl supporting?

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

didn't watch much nor have read the rags.....

major reason for capitulation???
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

My White Devil
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by My White Devil »

Loss of wickets
John Webster was one of the best there was

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Went to bed at 7/94. Poms bowled well. Like Bumble said, "it was a tremendous toss to lose" and he said this early in the innings so he proved to make some sense in a way. Our lot need to ensure the lead doesnt get much more than 100-150, otherwise its England's test.
Good to see a "fairer" wicket instead of a flat track for a change.
Ignore this signature

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

So everyone happy with the pitch, no gardening tips this week. Ancestry.com.au verified everyones heritage. Interesting that australia lasted less balls than England in their 2nd innings at Lords.

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Scholes »

With the aust. rugby squad it's "spot the aussie". What happened to the Pakistani spinner whos citizenship was pushed through at lightening speed? He's not much good, so he has been deported !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

B.Toomer wrote:With the aust. rugby squad it's "spot the aussie". What happened to the Pakistani spinner whos citizenship was pushed through at lightening speed? He's not much good, so he has been deported !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He's in the touring squad

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote:didn't watch much nor have read the rags.....

major reason for capitulation???
The pitch and ball were doing a fair bit but a lot of Aussie wickets due to lack of patience. Playing at balls they didn't need to and finding the edge etc...

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:Went to bed at 7/94. Poms bowled well. Like Bumble said, "it was a tremendous toss to lose" and he said this early in the innings so he proved to make some sense in a way. Our lot need to ensure the lead doesnt get much more than 100-150, otherwise its England's test.
A "fairer" pitch. I love this Aussie divine right to be able to say what a pitch should be like and accuse others of cheating if it doesn't match what they want. All pitches are fair as both teams play on the same one.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bomber wrote:Went to bed at 7/94. Poms bowled well. Like Bumble said, "it was a tremendous toss to lose" and he said this early in the innings so he proved to make some sense in a way. Our lot need to ensure the lead doesnt get much more than 100-150, otherwise its England's test.
A "fairer" pitch. I love this Aussie divine right to be able to say what a pitch should be like and accuse others of cheating if it doesn't match what they want. All pitches are fair as both teams play on the same one.

"Fairer" in that quick bowlers/seamers get some slight advantage for a change, rather than the bat dominating on flat tracks all the time.
As for accusing people of cheating so easily, you're the master of that, I wouldn't dare try and take that mantle off you.
Ignore this signature

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Bomber wrote:

"Fairer" in that quick bowlers/seamers get some slight advantage for a change, rather than the bat dominating on flat tracks all the time.
As for accusing people of cheating so easily, you're the master of that, I wouldn't dare try and take that mantle off you.
He'd just accuse you of cheating anyway......
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:

So it's wrong unless fast bowlers have an advantage? That's not fair - that's giving someone an advantage.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

:?

And preparing dustbowls doesn't advantage spinners then?

Bottom line, you see more flat-tracks these days and its nice to see something a little different and a bit of spice in the wicket.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote::?

And preparing dustbowls doesn't advantage spinners then?

Bottom line, you see more flat-tracks these days and its nice to see something a little different and a bit of spice in the wicket.
Of course it does, however it seems only the Aussies have this idea of exactly what a pitch should do and if anyone does anything different it's doctoring.

Boøwy
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Boøwy »

Both teams play on the same pitch.