"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:56 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Mayweather v Pacquiao
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:28 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 53175
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Probably the biggest boxing fight this century!

I cant split them but going to try and watch this at a nearby pub/club - may even fork out for pay-per-view and watch at home.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather v Pacquiao
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 2:31 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:08 pm
Posts: 947
Location: South Africa
Mayweather to taste defeat for the first time

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather v Pacquiao
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 5:39 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:14 pm
Posts: 3078
Location: New ForumLand
When is it?

Where is the best place to watch it?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather v Pacquiao
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:05 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42965
Judging by how they both fought v Hatton, Pac Man will win easily.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather v Pacquiao
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:54 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 53175
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Chico wrote:
When is it?

Where is the best place to watch it?


Sunday, main event around 1pm. Now watching at a mate's place.
A few pubs will be showing it I reckon, the only one I know of for sure is the Watermark at Glenelg.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather v Pacquiao
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 4:23 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 53175
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Thought Pacquiao was the better fighter, even though he lost. Fancy having 3 American judges, seems fair. :roll:

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather v Pacquiao
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:10 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42965
Bomber wrote:
Thought Pacquiao was the better fighter, even though he lost. Fancy having 3 American judges, seems fair. :roll:



One of the many demands that mayweather wouldn't budge on and PacMan gave up to ensure the fight would happen

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather v Pacquiao
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:35 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 53175
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Who was that wanker who interviewed the Pac Man in the ring after the fight? What a knob of the highest order, Manny should have landed one on him.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather v Pacquiao
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:51 pm 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 6:08 pm
Posts: 7253
Location: Appignano Del Tronto
Bomber wrote:
Thought Pacquiao was the better fighter, even though he lost. Fancy having 3 American judges, seems fair. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather v Pacquiao
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:12 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42965
LFTWNG11 wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Thought Pacquiao was the better fighter, even though he lost. Fancy having 3 American judges, seems fair. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:


I have a mate who is a boxing trainer, a VERY succesful one. He says he has gone back and scored each round and Pac Man wins it.

David Haye, Carl Froch, Frank Bruno, Barry McGuigan - disagree with him though.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather v Pacquiao
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:20 pm 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 1:33 am
Posts: 288
Location: Golden Grove Village
Nessa 'nessa 'nessa!

_________________
I need a drink


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather v Pacquiao
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:54 pm 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 6:08 pm
Posts: 7253
Location: Appignano Del Tronto
God is an Englishman wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Thought Pacquiao was the better fighter, even though he lost. Fancy having 3 American judges, seems fair. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:


I have a mate who is a boxing trainer, a VERY succesful one. He says he has gone back and scored each round and Pac Man wins it.

David Haye, Carl Froch, Frank Bruno, Barry McGuigan - disagree with him though.


Congrats to your mate. Did he count Pacman's power punching the air as scoring shots? Because the majority of people seem to think swinging at thin air = winning the fight.

Every analysis I have read said Floyd cruised to victory. Watching the fight; I thought Floyd won easily but then again I am probably bias. Pacman was simply not good enough to impose his style of fight. All the excuses in the world ain't going to change that.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather v Pacquiao
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:58 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42965
LFTWNG11 wrote:
Congrats to your mate. Did he count Pacman's power punching the air as scoring shots? Because the majority of people seem to think swinging at thin air = winning the fight.

Every analysis I have read said Floyd cruised to victory. Watching the fight; I thought Floyd won easily but then again I am probably bias. Pacman was simply not good enough to impose his style of fight. All the excuses in the world ain't going to change that.


Pretty sure someone at his level would know that punching the arms or missing the target counts for nothing.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather v Pacquiao
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:39 am 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 6:08 pm
Posts: 7253
Location: Appignano Del Tronto
God is an Englishman wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:
Congrats to your mate. Did he count Pacman's power punching the air as scoring shots? Because the majority of people seem to think swinging at thin air = winning the fight.

Every analysis I have read said Floyd cruised to victory. Watching the fight; I thought Floyd won easily but then again I am probably bias. Pacman was simply not good enough to impose his style of fight. All the excuses in the world ain't going to change that.


Pretty sure someone at his level would know that punching the arms or missing the target counts for nothing.


ok :oops:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather v Pacquiao
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 2:52 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 53175
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Thought Pacquiao was the better fighter, even though he lost. Fancy having 3 American judges, seems fair. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:


I have a mate who is a boxing trainer, a VERY succesful one. He says he has gone back and scored each round and Pac Man wins it.

David Haye, Carl Froch, Frank Bruno, Barry McGuigan - disagree with him though.


Still stand by the point he is a better fighter. Floyd was a better "runner". I know who I would want in my corner out of the two if something erupted on the street.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather v Pacquiao
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 3:16 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:08 am
Posts: 3767
Location: looking around
Lets see what Amir Khan can do against Floyd

being almost 10 years younger might help him

interesting fact with Floyd and his professional career
every fight has been in the US.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather v Pacquiao
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 3:56 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42965
Bomber wrote:

Still stand by the point he is a better fighter. Floyd was a better "runner". I know who I would want in my corner out of the two if something erupted on the street.


One's a better fighter, the other's a better boxer

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather v Pacquiao
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 4:01 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 53175
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:

Still stand by the point he is a better fighter. Floyd was a better "runner". I know who I would want in my corner out of the two if something erupted on the street.


One's a better fighter, the other's a better boxer


No argument there.
Imagine if:
- no shoulder injury to Pacman
- fight was in Asia (or anywhere outside US for that matter)
- judges were foreign (or at least not all American)
Question is, would Floyd buy into it? I reckon he wouldn't, therefore I know who, again, I'd still rate the better man.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group