AFL 2015 season

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: AFL 2015 season

Post by Delete Your Account »

PDog wrote:haha

you could also argue that GC did not "develop" ablett
Ablett won a Brownlow playing for GC.

No-one won one playing at Port or GWS.

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

No cabernet.

What I said was still correct in response to MegaBonus' post.

Robbie Gray is capable of winning one, maybe Boak, Wingard if he finds consistency - no doubting he's a gun.

I'm a Crows fan, and I can't see any one of them ever winning one.

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by maxin in the shade »

MegaBonus wrote:another history making moment for the Power...only expansion club not to have developed a Brownlow medallist....(don't claim wangas)
History making?

You're really reaching now arent you Mega?

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

maxin in the shade wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:another history making moment for the Power...only expansion club not to have developed a Brownlow medallist....(don't claim wangas)
History making?

You're really reaching now arent you Mega?

anything for him to deflect from the fact that great players keep leaving the crows.....
:lol:

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Talking about great players leaving your club...the triple premiership captain you let go says hello....if Danger ever captains Geelong to 3 premierships like Tom Harley did, I'll admit there's something wrong at the crows....

Burgoyne and his premiership medals also says hello along with D Pearce.....these players requested trades....Ben Jacobs played in a Prelim this year, he also says hello.....

So after all that Mr midget...what's your point?

Let's not forget that because clubs are required to pay nearly all of the salary cap, Boak chose to stay here because of the $$$$ that was on offer....wines and wingard out of contract in 2016, Ryder on massive $$$ and Dixon on his way, we'll see how many you can keep
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by maxin in the shade »

MegaBonus wrote:Talking about great players leaving your club...the triple premiership captain you let go says hello....if Danger ever captains Geelong to 3 premierships like Tom Harley did, I'll admit there's something wrong at the crows....

Burgoyne and his premiership medals also says hello along with D Pearce.....these players requested trades....Ben Jacobs played in a Prelim this year, he also says hello.....

Let's not forget that because clubs are required to pay nearly all of the salary cap, Boak chose to stay here because of the $$$$ that was on offer....wines and wingard out of contract in 2016, Ryder on massive $$$ and Dixon on his way, we'll see how many you can keep
Tom Harley captained two premierships. Ling was the captain in 2011.
And Harley only ever played one game for Port. Its not like he was our best player or anything and wanting to leave the club.

We were happy to let Pearce go. His time was up. Same with Chaplin. Ben Jacobs? Remind me how many games he played again?
Again, these players weren't top A class players. But Danger, Tippett, Boak, Gunston etc. They all wanted to leave. Didnt wanna play for Adelaide.

Boak didnt stay cause of the money either. Geelong were offering just as much. He stayed cause he wanted to.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

MegaBonus wrote:Talking about great players leaving your club...the triple premiership captain you let go says hello....if Danger ever captains Geelong to 3 premierships like Tom Harley did, I'll admit there's something wrong at the crows....

Wow, resorting to name-calling..... the exit of Danger hurt more than expected... Dony worry, you will miss out on the 8 next year...

And Harley only ever played one game for Port. Its not like he was our best player or anything and wanting to leave the club.

We were happy to let Pearce go. His time was up. Same with Chaplin. Ben Jacobs? Remind me how many games he played again?
Again, these players weren't top A class players. But Danger, Tippett, Bok, Gunston etc. They all wanted to leave. Didnt wanna play for Adelaide.

Boak didnt stay cause of the money either. Geelong were offering just as much. He stayed cause he wanted to.
add to that, Hartlett was offered a lot more from x2 Victorian clubs...yet he has decided to stay at Port!
Dixon is not on a lot of $$$$, and Toumpas is rumoured on his way in, leaving Moore out.
Wingard will re-sign with the Power beyond 2016, but Wines may decide to leave if Ken is not there in future...

Lets see if Gunston can win his 3rd Premiership medal after deciding to exit the crows nest
Once again, players WANTING to leave the Crows

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

bapa wrote:

Wow, resorting to name-calling..... the exit of Danger hurt more than expected... Dony worry, you will miss out on the 8 next year...

Again, these players weren't top A class players. But Danger, Tippett, Bok, Gunston etc. They all wanted to leave. Didnt wanna play for Adelaide.

add to that, Hartlett was offered a lot more from x2 Victorian clubs...yet he has decided to stay at Port!
Dixon is not on a lot of $$$$, and Toumpas is rumoured on his way in, leaving Moore out.
Wingard will re-sign with the Power beyond 2016, but Wines may decide to leave if Ken is not there in future...

Lets see if Gunston can win his 3rd Premiership medal after deciding to exit the crows nest
Once again, players WANTING to leave the Crows
Shaun Burgoyne after his 3rd at Hawks as well; now 2nd in overall Finals appearances.

Dixon is after cash - that's why he's moving. Don't fall for the "I want to play with Kern" speech.

While the quality is different, the same number of players have leave Port as the Crows. But players want out of all clubs.

Clubs turn into scorned lovers - "Oh, we were gonna break up with them anyway".

Other than GC, Norf have lost their least to other clubs in the last 6 years. NORF.

Brisbane (7 players in last 2 years) & Sydney (9 in 2) are the worst clubs for it.

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Port won't be able to offer Dixon as much as he wants. Our salary cap will be maxed out soon.
All the players port lost apart from Bourgoyne were average at the time so no big losses there. Our gun players want to stay. Even Pearce wanted to stay but port didn't want to offer him what he wanted. Just worry about your club rebuilding now. With your best player gone and some of your better players getting on a bit, it may be a tough few years for the crows.

I think boak/wines will win a Brownlow for us. For some reason, Gray goes unnoticed in some games by the umpires even when he is easily in the top 3.

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

totsreds08 wrote:Port won't be able to offer Dixon as much as he wants. Our salary cap will be maxed out soon.
All the players port lost apart from Bourgoyne were average at the time so no big losses there. Our gun players want to stay. Even Pearce wanted to stay but port didn't want to offer him what he wanted. Just worry about your club rebuilding now. With your best player gone and some of your better players getting on a bit, it may be a tough few years for the crows.

I think boak/wines will win a Brownlow for us. For some reason, Gray goes unnoticed in some games by the umpires even when he is easily in the top 3.
Lucky you picked up 2 good players in return for Burgoyne - Moore & Butcher wasn't it??

Getting on a bit? Thompson is our oldest (at 33 next season), then we have no-one over 30. No-one is "getting on" at the Crows.

Port have 6 players born 1987 & earlier, Crows have 3.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Will the crows make the 8, next year?

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Eddie betts will be 29 soon.
Thompson is old.
Van berlo is 29.
Douglas will be 29 soon.
Jacobs and McKay are high 20s also so yes your list is getting on a bit. Most players retire at around 31 or so. They are your better players minus Sloane, tex and talia. You have an extremely young list but have to fill some gaps.

I don't think crows will make the 8. They'll probably go through a slight rebuild. They do have some young talent though.

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

totsreds08 wrote:Eddie betts will be 29 soon.
Thompson is old.
Van berlo is 29.
Douglas will be 29 soon.
Jacobs and McKay are high 20s also so yes your list is getting on a bit. Most players retire at around 31 or so. They are your better players minus Sloane, tex and talia. You have an extremely young list but have to fill some gaps.

I don't think crows will make the 8. They'll probably go through a slight rebuild. They do have some young talent though.
You know all clubs have older players right?

Schulz will be 31
Westhoff is 29
Boak, Krakouer, Ryder, R.Gray, Monfries, White, Carlile & Stewart are all high 20's

They are your best players minus Wines, Wingard & Hartlett.

It can be done for any list.

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Slinky_Pete wrote:
totsreds08 wrote:Eddie betts will be 29 soon.
Thompson is old.
Van berlo is 29.
Douglas will be 29 soon.

You know all clubs have older players right?

Schulz will be 31
Westhoff is 29
Boak, Krakouer, Ryder, R.Gray, Monfries, White, Carlile & Stewart are all high 20's

They are your best players minus Wines, Wingard & Hartlett.

It can be done for any list.
:lol:
Ebert, homsch, Trengove, lobbe are all young.
Boak just turned 27.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

bapa wrote:Will the crows make the 8, next year?

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Frank Costanza »

bapa wrote:
Yes I believe we will.

Our forward line (when firing) is close to the best in the league.
Our backline will be more settled now that Hartigan/Lever have each had a full season - put them with Smith, Talia, Cheney and Otten and it looks good.

Whilst losing Danger isn't great it gives other players a run through the midfield - with less interchanges it will mean more players will need to play through the midfield as midfielders will be resting up forward.

Let's hope Geelong do the right thing and part with their 1st round pick so we can snag a couple more good youngsters in the 1st round of the draft
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Frank Costanza wrote:
bapa wrote:
Yes I believe we will.

Our backline will be more settled now that Hartigan/Lever have each had a full season - put them with Smith, Talia, Cheney and Otten and it looks good.

Whilst losing Danger isn't great it gives other players a run through the midfield - with less interchanges it will mean more players will need to play through the midfield as midfielders will be resting up forward.

Let's hope Geelong do the right thing and part with their 1st round pick so we can snag a couple more good youngsters in the 1st round of the draft
Your forward line can be good if jenkins can be more consistent.
Cheney isn't great. Smith has the potential to be one of the best half backs in the league but has been cabernet.
You missed laird who was very good.
I still think crows may be a bit too inexperienced however in a few years they'll be a decent side.

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Frank Costanza »

totsreds08 wrote:
Frank Costanza wrote: Yes I believe we will.

Cheney isn't great. Smith has the potential to be one of the best half backs in the league but has been cabernet.
I still think crows may be a bit too inexperienced however in a few years they'll be a decent side.
Whoops i did miss Lairdy - standout for us this year!
Smith is a gun but 2 concussions in the space of 5 weeks ruined his season.
Funny you say we are a bit too inexperienced when another post above from someone else said we were too old!
We are one of those 'in-between' sides at the moment - will beat the weak teams but will really struggle against the top echelon of teams
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

totsreds08 wrote:
Frank Costanza wrote:
bapa wrote:
Yes I believe we will.

Dangerfield is going to be HUGE loss, but the Crows MUST play hardball and get the BEST possible trade for him. Danger will be a brownlow medallist.

Blake Caracella could be an assistant coach, that's a massive signing!
Pyke to be unveiled as the crows coach for next 3 years

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Crows only have old players or very young. Not much in between hence the inexperienced comment.