AFL 2015 season

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: AFL 2015 season

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

Bomber wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:
Bomber wrote:Malthouse GONE! Was a matter of time I suppose, but they seriously need to look at their playing list/draft as next items on the agenda
He had my support right up until the interview on SEN this morning. Tried to throw Trigg under the bus on his way out... It's actually pretty funny, until I realise its my club.
Trigg's no saint.

But Mick's not dumb, he'll get paid his full contract out now at least wont he? If he walked, I doubt he would have.
When was the last time a coach walked?
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Bomber wrote: Trigg's no saint.

But Mick's not dumb, he'll get paid his full contract out now at least wont he? If he walked, I doubt he would have.
Obviously not... but throwing grenades in the public arena to get yourself sacked is pretty poor form. Of course it was all so he got paid out, he wasn't committed to work the rest of the season but wanted his cash. I can understand that from MM's perspective but it makes Carlton a laughing stock.

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by maxin in the shade »

^^^^

Carlton a shambles, sacking their coach, Lazio losing out to Roma - hasnt been a good week for you has it LFTWNG11?

Adolf Hĭtler
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Adolf Hĭtler »

Not to mention Liverpool's humiliation as well.
I am nobody
Nobody is perfect
Therefore I am perfect.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

maxin in the shade wrote:^^^^

Carlton a shambles, sacking their coach, Lazio losing out to Roma - hasnt been a good week for you has it LFTWNG11?
It's only professional sports... :cry:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

El Paso del Norte wrote:
When was the last time a coach walked?
Probably in the days when it didn't affect his contract, or "by mutual agreement both parties decided that........."
Ignore this signature

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Hird, ffs, time to drop Melksham, Cooney, Bellchambers and if Daniher continues to stuff up games with cabernet kicking, then him too. And ffs, play Carlyle in defence. He's little use as a forward and was always a good defender before and clearly its where he is more comfortable. And on match days, ffs just stay in the coaches box upstairs and let the other guys do the "ground" work. :x

Either that, or I know of a good chemist............
Ignore this signature

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

You sound as frustrated as a Crows supporter having to listen to the unashamedly biased Eddie Fat Boy Maguire on Fox yesterday.....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Penalty Rates
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Penalty Rates »

Watching the Melbourne v Collingwood game now.
I love bank holidays

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Bomber wrote:Hird, ffs, time to drop Melksham, Cooney, Bellchambers and if Daniher continues to stuff up games with cabernet kicking, then him too. And ffs, play Carlyle in defence. He's little use as a forward and was always a good defender before and clearly its where he is more comfortable. And on match days, ffs just stay in the coaches box upstairs and let the other guys do the "ground" work. :x

Either that, or I know of a good chemist............
Daniher is going to be a superstar and only 20 years old, how can you want to drop him? In general your squad is poor though, you are about where you belong.
MegaBonus wrote:You sound as frustrated as a Crows supporter having to listen to the unashamedly biased Eddie Fat Boy Maguire on Fox yesterday.....
Yea a Collingwood president is always so biased towards Carlton :roll: His was just pumping up the game.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Its not the first time he's (Daniher) bumbled up chance after chance. Not saying drop him just yet, but needs to go back and play in the magoos and learn to kick straight if this continues. The others, no excuse - outski now!
Ignore this signature

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

^^^

Weeks later, not much has changed. Yes, some injuries to key players but so have most other teams.

Time to drop some of the non-performers - how some keep their spots week in week out after playing such rubbish, is poor.

If not for Heppell, Hibberd and maybe Hooker and Goddard, we'd have lost by even more.

Hird on his last legs unless quick turnaround.

Tip - give the Bombers a miss for the rest of the season in your footy tipping. I have since a few weeks ago and its worked wonders! :D :x
Ignore this signature

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

^^^^^^

How long before you admit that for the sake of your club, Hird has to go?
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

MegaBonus wrote:^^^^^^

How long before you admit that for the sake of your club, Hird has to go?
Wont be far off in the current state of play, BUT if anything it will be him to go for coaching/football reasons, not the reasons most want his head on the chopping block for.
Ignore this signature

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

I think the two are intricately linked.....Essendon needs to draw a line in the sand and move on.....Hird is the daily visual reminder of the supplement scandal....he needs to go!!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

MegaBonus wrote:I think the two are intricately linked.....Essendon needs to draw a line in the sand and move on.....Hird is the daily visual reminder of the supplement scandal....he needs to go!!
No doubt the board will be talking quite vigorously about this. Put it this way, a hiding by the Demons this week could just about seal it. Mind you, I look at the playing list, and some quite simply aren't up to it so it extends beyond the coach. Looks a tired old bunch at the moment and only a handful seem to be playing consistently well. Could be a few tough years ahead with a rebuild, but, much like Carlton, might be best to bite the bullet and look to another 3-5 year plan. The club is too big to let things just mosey along.
Ignore this signature

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Total Respect for WCE crowd...

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

big showdown this week........

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

is there a showdown this weekend?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

PDog wrote:is there a showdown this weekend?
Sounds more like a love-in than anything else.
Ignore this signature

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

thanks to all the ferals who booed Thompson and Walker after the game in the presence of Walsh's daughter....what a difference to the WCE fans the week before....

Rucci was more interested in making excuses after the game asking Hinkley to comment on the umpires :oops: :oops: :oops:

rumour...Fremantle making a play for out of contract Shultz to replace the retiring Pav...

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

MegaBonus wrote:thanks to all the ferals who booed Thompson and Walker after the game in the presence of Walsh's daughter....what a difference to the WCE fans the week before....

Rucci was more interested in making excuses after the game asking Hinkley to comment on the umpires :oops: :oops: :oops:

rumour...Fremantle making a play for out of contract Shultz to replace the retiring Pav...
I didn't hear anyone boo thomo and I'd say the booing was more aimed at the umpires as they departed. Nobody booed after they left the field or when walker was saying his speech. Making something out of a nothing issue again :roll:

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

^^^^^^^ :oops: :oops: :lol:

What...it's taken nearly 5 days to come up with that, or are you simply following the crap your CEO is trying to sell....go to the PAFC Facebook site and read comments by your own fans who admitted they were booing walker and Thompson.

What's the stat....you guys have won 12 of your last 30.......

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

MegaBonus wrote:^^^^^^^ :oops: :oops: :lol:

What...it's taken nearly 5 days to come up with that, or are you simply following the crap your CEO is trying to sell....go to the PAFC Facebook site and read comments by your own fans who admitted they were booing walker and Thompson.

You're right. Everything you read on the internet must be true even if you're there as it happened :lol:

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

totsreds08 wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:^^^^^^^ :oops: :oops: :lol:

You're right. Everything you read on the internet must be true even if you're there as it happened :lol:
So, you are saying the bloke in the row in front of me wasn't booing Tex, calling him a sook, and saying "You are dead set joking if Thommo was the best on the ground", that didn't happen??

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Nice effort tonight Carlton. Yep, lets listen to the players and keep this interim coach until we dont want him any more.....
Ignore this signature

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Bomber wrote:Nice effort tonight Carlton. Yep, lets listen to the players and keep this interim coach until we dont want him any more.....
How bad are Essendon at the moment?

Port was shite on the weekend and Essendon still didn't look like winning.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Black_Panther wrote:
Bomber wrote:Nice effort tonight Carlton. Yep, lets listen to the players and keep this interim coach until we dont want him any more.....

Very bad. We are competing with Carlton (and maybe Demons) for worst team in Melbourne at present. I think they might pip us though.
Ignore this signature

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Bomber wrote:
Black_Panther wrote:

Very bad. We are competing with Carlton (and maybe Demons) for worst team in Melbourne at present. I think they might pip us though.
Wouldn't be much in it.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan