AFL 2015 season

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Re: AFL 2015 season

Post by Bomber »

bapa wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:
Carlton & Power................ :lol:
Edited for accuracy......

funny, how last week u didn't comment about the showdown result.........
:roll:
Hey bubu/bapa, long time no hear
Ignore this signature

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

bapa wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:
Carlton & Power................ :lol:
Edited for accuracy......

Why would they? cow fans can't face the music. Congratulations on beating a NEAFL side

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Bomber wrote:
bapa wrote:

Hey bubu/bapa, long time no hear

Hi........
:arrow:

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

totsreds08

Congratulations on beating a NEAFL side

congratulations on being the first franchise to lose to the 2 newest franchises....GWS and the Suns say "hello"
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Well done umps, just when I thought multiple pathetic big decisions still wouldn't necessarily influence the result of game, you restored my faith that it was, in fact, possible.

PS - Thomas, no 12 from North? Someone smash that little cheating champagne whilst we're at it.
Ignore this signature

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

totsreds08 wrote:Why would they? cow fans can't face the music. Congratulations on beating a NEAFL side
Explain this NEAFL thing and how Brisbane fit into it.
Time for some righteous indignation

Ibelieve
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Ibelieve »

Port can win all the showdowns, it strokes their ego's.
And loose to the bottom team, :lol:
They play a pathetic style, have weak excuses when they loose.
Where were you when Aami stadium needed you? They couldn't even get 15ksupporters there? Crappy, stinking supporters.
Let's see what happens when you loose a few more? They'll be singing at the end of the game
"We've been TORN apart"
"You'll always TEAR us apart"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's the BEST feeling on Earth when Port Powder puffs loose

Wir Sind Helden
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Wir Sind Helden »

Loose?

Ibelieve
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Ibelieve »

Wir Sind Helden wrote:Loose?
Yes, they're very loose, just like my neighbour Mrs Palmer

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Ibelieve wrote:Port can win all the showdowns, it strokes their ego's.
Where were you when Aami stadium needed you? They couldn't even get 15ksupporters there? Crappy, stinking supporters.
Let's see what happens when you loose a few more? They'll be singing at the end of the game
"We've been TORN apart"

Jealousy is a curse....

Ibelieve
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Ibelieve »

bapa wrote:
Ibelieve wrote:Port can win all the showdowns, it strokes their ego's.
"We've been TORN apart"

Jealousy is a curse....
Yes I know :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

12th and loving it..

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Bomber wrote:Carlton................. :lol:
Can I swap the Bombers* and Carlton on my ladder? :(

I thought we couldn't ever get any lower than the early-mid 2000's... I was definitely wrong on that.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

LFTWNG11 wrote:

I thought we couldn't ever get any lower than the early-mid 2000's... I was definitely wrong on that.
I wouldn't worry too much, as least unlike some teams, I don't know of too many Carlton supporters who were talking themselves up for this season.
Looks like our mob will still have some "anchors" to play with again for at least another year, so I'd probably say both are looking like missing out.
GWS and WB look like the ones that have surprised me the most so far, both playing decent footy most of the time.
Ignore this signature

Mrs Red
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mrs Red »

Top 5 teams atm from outside Victoria :wink:

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Bomber wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:

I wouldn't worry too much, as least unlike some teams, I don't know of too many Carlton supporters who were talking themselves up for this season.
Looks like our mob will still have some "anchors" to play with again for at least another year, so I'd probably say both are looking like missing out.
GWS and WB look like the ones that have surprised me the most so far, both playing decent footy most of the time.
I thought GC were primed for a massive surge this year... but without Ablett and their apparent boozy culture, they have gone backwards at a rate of knots. GWS look the goods... hopefully SOS can work some of that list management magic over the next few years at Carlton.

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by maxin in the shade »

LFTWNG11 wrote:

Hey LFTWNG11, ive always known you to be a mad Carlton supporter

What do you think should happen with Malthouse. Keep him, or say "thanks, but we've gotta move on".
I feel for Carlton fans. Such a big club and you guys are pretty much nowhere right about now

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

maxin in the shade wrote:Hey LFTWNG11, ive always known you to be a mad Carlton supporter

What do you think should happen with Malthouse. Keep him, or say "thanks, but we've gotta move on".
I feel for Carlton fans. Such a big club and you guys are pretty much nowhere right about now

Maxin! Don't get me started....

With MM it's a lose/lose situation, especially with the media. Whatever decision we make, it will be the wrong one.

Ideal world, he coaches out the season with a view to the long-term, which he has been doing to some extent. The only problem with this is that it seems like the senior players are glaringly not playing for him and thus we would be lucky to win another game for the season. Unfortunately this season is a write-off one way or another.

Such a "big club" with more connections to the BRW rich list than any other club; ironically has a small time mentality. We are exactly where we deserve to be, and I am sure many people are happy about that.

Have you retired from soccer yet?? :lol:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

LFTWNG11 wrote:
maxin in the shade wrote:Hey LFTWNG11, ive always known you to be a mad Carlton supporter

With MM it's a lose/lose situation, especially with the media. Whatever decision we make, it will be the wrong one.

Ideal world, he coaches out the season with a view to the long-term, which he has been doing to some extent. The only problem with this is that it seems like the senior players are glaringly not playing for him and thus we would be lucky to win another game for the season. Unfortunately this season is a write-off one way or another.

Such a "big club" with more connections to the BRW rich list than any other club; ironically has a small time mentality. We are exactly where we deserve to be, and I am sure many people are happy about that.

I enjoyed watching John Elliott on Open Mike the other night. Was pretty frank about things there now and in the past. He's a well known "feather ruffler" and seems his ideal coaching candidate moving forward would be Worsfold.
Must say ol' Jack is a likable character and the type of bloke you'd love to have a beer or 3 with.
Ignore this signature

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Bomber wrote:
I enjoyed watching John Elliott on Open Mike the other night. Was pretty frank about things there now and in the past. He's a well known "feather ruffler" and seems his ideal coaching candidate moving forward would be Worsfold.
Must say ol' Jack is a likable character and the type of bloke you'd love to have a beer or 3 with.
mmm I haven't seen it (forgot to record it).. but I heard he said he was giving Kernahan advice right through Kernahan's tenure as president... which goes someway to explaining how poorly the club was run.

Would love to have a beer with him, but do not want him anywhere near the club's hierarchy! What do you think of Worsfold? I can't decide if it would be a good appointment or not; he has climbed the mountain as captain and coach but has the game gone past him? I see him similar to Paul Roos...

On a side note; how good has Hurley been this year? AA form no doubt.

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

LFTWNG11 wrote:

i agree that its a lose/lose situation no matter which way you handle it

but if the senior players arent playing for him, then big questions need to be asked of both the playing group and MM

you can always come over and join us Power supporters. We always welcome newbies with open arms!!

soccer is a distant memory for me now mate. went out a couple of times earlier in the year and that was it.
you still skinning opponents down the wing in amateur football?

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

maxin in the shade

you can always come over and join us Power supporters. We always welcome newbies with open arms!!

^^^^^^
yeah....even ex Crows supporters.....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

maxin in the shade wrote:
i agree that its a lose/lose situation no matter which way you handle it

but if the senior players arent playing for him, then big questions need to be asked of both the playing group and MM

soccer is a distant memory for me now mate. went out a couple of times earlier in the year and that was it.
you still skinning opponents down the wing in amateur football?
The problem with Carlton senior players is that they are unaccountable no matter who is coaching them, so giving in to how they feel isn't going to get us anywhere anyway. I say run it like a business for the rest of the season, minimise costs and do a thorough review to ensure we make some inroads during the off season.

:lol: Being a Norwood lad from way back, I could never do that!! I don't know what it is with these Eastern suburb lads going for a team down Port way :P

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Can't believe that I'm almost sorry for Carlton supporters. Holy sheet.

Just jivin', soak in it. :wink:
Ignore this signature

Mønder
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Mønder »

:lol:

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Bomber wrote:Can't believe that I'm almost sorry for Carlton supporters. Holy sheet.

We don't want your pity anyway :(

I guess it could be worse... we could have been premiership favorites at the start of the season, but sit 13th after 8 rounds :oops:

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

LFTWNG11 wrote:
Bomber wrote:Can't believe that I'm almost sorry for Carlton supporters. Holy sheet.

We don't want your pity anyway :(

I guess it could be worse... we could have been premiership favorites at the start of the season, but sit 13th after 8 rounds :oops:
loooooong way to go LFTWNG11

we're building! :wink:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Malthouse GONE! Was a matter of time I suppose, but they seriously need to look at their playing list/draft as next items on the agenda
Ignore this signature

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Bomber wrote:Malthouse GONE! Was a matter of time I suppose, but they seriously need to look at their playing list/draft as next items on the agenda
He had my support right up until the interview on SEN this morning. Tried to throw Trigg under the bus on his way out... It's actually pretty funny, until I realise its my club.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

LFTWNG11 wrote:
Bomber wrote:Malthouse GONE! Was a matter of time I suppose, but they seriously need to look at their playing list/draft as next items on the agenda
He had my support right up until the interview on SEN this morning. Tried to throw Trigg under the bus on his way out... It's actually pretty funny, until I realise its my club.
Trigg's no saint.

But Mick's not dumb, he'll get paid his full contract out now at least wont he? If he walked, I doubt he would have.
Ignore this signature