"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:41 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Aus v India - test series
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:41 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:19 pm
Posts: 2475
Bomber wrote:
Bottom line, one of the best test matches ever. Probably rate in my top 10 (that I've seen)

Bomber, do you think GIAE (God Isn't An Englishman) was hoping the Indians would win?

ps, GIAE talks about DRS, but regarding technology, wasn't he opposed to GLT when it was introduced to the EPL?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aus v India - test series
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:49 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 11708
Location: On a freight train to crazy town
Con M wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Bottom line, one of the best test matches ever. Probably rate in my top 10 (that I've seen)

Bomber, do you think GIAE (God Isn't An Englishman) was hoping the Indians would win?

ps, GIAE talks about DRS, but regarding technology, wasn't he opposed to GLT when it was introduced to the EPL?

Could you point out in this thread where he has said he was not opposed to it.

_________________
Time for some righteous indignation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aus v India - test series
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:49 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42434
Con M wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Bottom line, one of the best test matches ever. Probably rate in my top 10 (that I've seen)

Bomber, do you think GIAE (God Isn't An Englishman) was hoping the Indians would win?

ps, GIAE talks about DRS, but regarding technology, wasn't he opposed to GLT when it was introduced to the EPL?



Relevance. Do you realise that football and cricket are completely different sports?

Also, note Stitch's comment above.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aus v India - test series
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:55 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:19 pm
Posts: 2475
God is an Englishman wrote:
Con M wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Bottom line, one of the best test matches ever. Probably rate in my top 10 (that I've seen)

Bomber, do you think GIAE (God Isn't An Englishman) was hoping the Indians would win?

ps, GIAE talks about DRS, but regarding technology, wasn't he opposed to GLT when it was introduced to the EPL?



Relevance. Do you realise that football and cricket are completely different sports?

Also, note Stitch's comment above.

Hah! Both are easy, God Isn't An Englishman.

Relevance is technology in both sports, sorting the fine margins in decisions.

As for your apologist Stitch That's confusing double negatives, if I get the chance I'll dreg out your comment that GLT is shiraz and will prove to be shiraz at it's first fuck-up. Or perhaps you could voluntarily dreg it up for me..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aus v India - test series
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:24 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42434
I have no memory of making a comment along those lines so would love to see it.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aus v India - test series
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:53 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52311
Location: Between the lake and the beach
One of the better things about this test was the fact that there was no fart-arsing about with reviews, how many are left, discussions whether to take one or not.
Still bemused how umps these days miss no-balls for overstepping so often though.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aus v India - test series
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:26 am 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:19 pm
Posts: 2475
God is an Englishman wrote:
I have no memory of making a comment along those lines so would love to see it.

It's there somewhere, God Isn't An Englishman. Either in discussions about IFAB agendas & your opposition to changes, or in discussions about GLT in the World Cup or the EPL. Could you please scour your posts for it..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aus v India - test series
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:37 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42434
Con M wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
I have no memory of making a comment along those lines so would love to see it.

It's there somewhere, God Isn't An Englishman. Either in discussions about IFAB agendas & your opposition to changes, or in discussions about GLT in the World Cup or the EPL. Could you please scour your posts for it..



You're the one claiming it exists, not me.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aus v India - test series
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:19 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:19 pm
Posts: 2475
God is an Englishman wrote:
Con M wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
I have no memory of making a comment along those lines so would love to see it.

It's there somewhere, God Isn't An Englishman. Either in discussions about IFAB agendas & your opposition to changes, or in discussions about GLT in the World Cup or the EPL. Could you please scour your posts for it..



You're the one claiming it exists, not me.

Bear with me then, God Isn't. I'll find it and/or get Polska Bomber's help to find it...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aus v India - test series
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:57 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52311
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Dont ask me, I rarely find things (on this site) these days

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aus v India - test series
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:08 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52311
Location: Between the lake and the beach
India 1/89 at lunch.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aus v India - test series
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:13 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42434
Bomber wrote:
India 1/89 at lunch.



Didn't even know you could lose that many wickets

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aus v India - test series
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:55 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 1:22 pm
Posts: 979
Location: Adelaide
2/100 now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aus v India - test series
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:00 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42434
wizard wrote:
2/100 now.


Commentators on radio saying he didn't hit it, india getting some rough decisions in this series

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aus v India - test series
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:11 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52311
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
wizard wrote:
2/100 now.


Commentators on radio saying he didn't hit it, india getting some rough decisions in this series


Given India dont like DRS, I doubt they'd care much.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aus v India - test series
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:38 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 1:22 pm
Posts: 979
Location: Adelaide
Exactly.

They can hardly say they're not happy with some decisions they're getting when they refuse to use the system that's been put in place to prevent bad decisions..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aus v India - test series
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:38 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52311
Location: Between the lake and the beach
3/151

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aus v India - test series
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:43 pm 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:50 am
Posts: 288
Location: Cunliffe
Which team is batting?

_________________
How ironic is my avatar?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aus v India - test series
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:47 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 1:22 pm
Posts: 979
Location: Adelaide
India.

You need to get onto http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v ... 54739.html

You'll never miss a ball again!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aus v India - test series
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:03 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42434
I seem to remember a lot of people whingeing about England's over rate last year

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aus v India - test series
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:30 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52311
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
I seem to remember a lot of people whingeing about England's over rate last year


I dont have to remember all the whingeing you do as I see it here on a daily basis.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aus v India - test series
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:54 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42434
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
I seem to remember a lot of people whingeing about England's over rate last year


I dont have to remember all the whingeing you do as I see it here on a daily basis.



When was the last time I whinged?

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aus v India - test series
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:42 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52311
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
I seem to remember a lot of people whingeing about England's over rate last year


I dont have to remember all the whingeing you do as I see it here on a daily basis.



When was the last time I whinged?


Yesterday at 5.03pm. I'm sure its just a matter of time for your next one though. Are you getting itchy?

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aus v India - test series
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:32 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42434
Bomber wrote:
Yesterday at 5.03pm. I'm sure its just a matter of time for your next one though. Are you getting itchy?



Don't remember whingeing then, are you sure you understand the meaning of the word?

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aus v India - test series
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:25 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52311
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Yesterday at 5.03pm. I'm sure its just a matter of time for your next one though. Are you getting itchy?



Don't remember whingeing then, are you sure you understand the meaning of the word?


I even understand the underlying meaning of the word. :wink:

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aus v India - test series
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:30 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42434
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Yesterday at 5.03pm. I'm sure its just a matter of time for your next one though. Are you getting itchy?



Don't remember whingeing then, are you sure you understand the meaning of the word?


I even understand the underlying meaning of the word. :wink:



I'm not convinced

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aus v India - test series
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:34 pm 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain

Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:47 pm
Posts: 5804
If an Australian says something, it's whingeing.
If an Englishman says something, it's "pointing out facts" or "educating" or "proving the hypocrisy".

#hawkseylogic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aus v India - test series
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:36 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52311
Location: Between the lake and the beach
I am (convinved), and that's all that matters to me. :D

1/72 in reply to India's 408 all out.

Could be another good one!

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aus v India - test series
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:50 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42434
Slinky_Pete wrote:
If an Australian says something, it's whingeing.
If an Englishman says something, it's "pointing out facts" or "educating" or "proving the hypocrisy".

#hawkseylogic


So where's the whinge?

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aus v India - test series
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:53 pm 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain

Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:47 pm
Posts: 5804
God is an Englishman wrote:
Slinky_Pete wrote:
If an Australian says something, it's whingeing.
If an Englishman says something, it's "pointing out facts" or "educating" or "proving the hypocrisy".

#hawkseylogic


So where's the whinge?


I don't know. You are the one who seems to remember it.

God is an Englishman wrote:
I seem to remember a lot of people whingeing about England's over rate last year


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group