Aus v India - test series

This forum is for discussion of other sports. It has been created by request.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1762
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:29 pm

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by Wayne Kerr »

God is an Englishman wrote:
I think it was Clarke and Haddin who did the same in the same test.


Don't see what this has to do with claiming catches though. He seems to have mega's changing the subject illness.

Incorrect, again.....
Old age is really getting to you
:roll:
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!




Image

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45020
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by God is an Englishman »

Wayne Kerr wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
I think it was Clarke and Haddin who did the same in the same test.


Don't see what this has to do with claiming catches though. He seems to have mega's changing the subject illness.



Incorrect, again.....
Old age is really getting to you
:roll:
I did say I THINK it was, that shows I wasn't sure. Who was it then?

Research tells me that as I thought. Clarke and Haddin both didn't walk in the same test. Clarke even reviewed one that he hit.

Age must be getting to YOU.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 6:38 pm

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by Frank Costanza »

I don't agree with GIAE - England struggle away from home also - they've gotten better in recent times but they're still not great away from England.

I agree with GIAE - Wayne needs to show some more evidence of those England players he named - do that and you have a greater chance to win the argument
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45020
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by God is an Englishman »

Frank Costanza wrote:I don't agree with GIAE - England struggle away from home also - they've gotten better in recent times but they're still not great away from England.

I agree with GIAE - Wayne needs to show some more evidence of those England players he named - do that and you have a greater chance to win the argument
Heh, I never said we don't as well. Despite whitewashing them in Sri Lanka.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 55927
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by Bomber »

Well done India. And they found Woody Woodpecker after all these years!
Ignore this signature

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45020
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bomber wrote:Well done India. And they found Woody Woodpecker after all these years!
?
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 55927
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:Well done India. And they found Woody Woodpecker after all these years!
?
Wicketkeeper Pant and his impersonations of him. Or is that how he speaks normally???
Ignore this signature

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45020
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:Well done India. And they found Woody Woodpecker after all these years!
?
Wicketkeeper Pant and his impersonations of him. Or is that how he speaks normally???
Not heard these impressions. Have heard him and Paine having some mildly amusing conversations. India have won the "banter" it seems.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

zzz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 759
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:30 pm

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by zzz »

God is an Englishman wrote: Not heard these impressions. Have heard him and Paine having some mildly amusing conversations. India have won the "banter" it seems.
So how are you enjoying Sydney?
Usman Khawaja cops nasty sledge about his brother
7Sport 3 Jan. 2019, 10:10 am
Usman Khawaja has reportedly been on the receiving end of a sledge about his brother, who was recently arrested over a fake terror plot.

According to Fairfax Media, Khawaja was preparing for the fourth Test at the SCG on Tuesday when he was approached by a member of the public asking for an autograph.

The ‘middle-aged man with a thick British accent’ reportedly said something to Khawaja about his brother’s situation, which left the Aussie batsman fuming.

Khawaja’s reaction was reportedly ‘measured and controlled’, removing himself from the situation . before alerting team officials.

Security removed the man from the SCG before Khawaja headed to the nets to tune up for the Test match.

Arsalan Khawaja was released on bail in early December after appearing in a Sydney court on charges of forgery and attempting to pervert justice.

But he was re-arrested last week “after allegedly attempting to influence a witness” in the counter-terror investigation, a New South Wales state police spokeswoman told AFP.

His bail was formally revoked by a Sydney magistrate last Friday and he is expected to remain in custody until the next court hearing in February.

Sri Lankan Mohamed Nizamdeen was arrested in August over a “hit list” written in a notebook, which outlined plans to kill then prime minister Malcolm Turnbull.

But police released Nizamdeen in September and later dropped the charges after investigators could not link the handwriting in the notebook to him.

Investigators have said they believe Arsalan Khawaja set up his university colleague Nizamdeen in relation to a dispute over a woman.

with AFP

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45020
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by God is an Englishman »

Aussies were previously know for their sledging and now they cry if anyone says anything to them.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

zzz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 759
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:30 pm

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by zzz »

God is an Englishman wrote:Aussies were previously know for their sledging and now they cry if anyone says anything to them.
looks like he handled your sledge with grace
Khawaja’s reaction was reportedly ‘measured and controlled’, removing himself from the situation . before alerting team officials.

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45020
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by God is an Englishman »

zzz wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Aussies were previously know for their sledging and now they cry if anyone says anything to them.
looks like he handled your sledge with grace
Khawaja’s reaction was reportedly ‘measured and controlled’, removing himself from the situation . before alerting team officials.
So going crying to "team officials' is handling it with grace. :lol:

I would say aussie culture wouldn't be to grass, but he's not an aussie.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

zzz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 759
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:30 pm

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by zzz »

God is an Englishman wrote:
zzz wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Aussies were previously know for their sledging and now they cry if anyone says anything to them.
looks like he handled your sledge with grace
Khawaja’s reaction was reportedly ‘measured and controlled’, removing himself from the situation . before alerting team officials.
So going crying to "team officials' is handling it with grace. :lol:

I would say aussie culture wouldn't be to grass, but he's not an aussie.
Aussie culture follows British culture

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45020
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by God is an Englishman »

You'd think so but it doesn't. However he's not British either - So, what's your point?
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

zzz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 759
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:30 pm

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by zzz »

God is an Englishman wrote:You'd think so but it doesn't. However he's not British either - So, what's your point?
I'm wondering what your point is because you can't make up your mind whether Aussies are crying or not about sledging.
There don't seem to be any Aussies involved in this story by your own admission.

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45020
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by God is an Englishman »

zzz wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:You'd think so but it doesn't. However he's not British either - So, what's your point?
I'm wondering what your point is because you can't make up your mind whether Aussies are crying or not about sledging.
There don't seem to be any Aussies involved in this story by your own admission.
The person sledging him might have been. The non aussie certainly doesn't have the culture of the aussie cricket team.

Now I have explained my point, will you be explaining yours?
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

zzz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 759
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:30 pm

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by zzz »

God is an Englishman wrote:
zzz wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:You'd think so but it doesn't. However he's not British either - So, what's your point?
I'm wondering what your point is because you can't make up your mind whether Aussies are crying or not about sledging.
There don't seem to be any Aussies involved in this story by your own admission.
The person sledging him might have been. The non aussie certainly doesn't have the culture of the aussie cricket team.

Now I have explained my point, will you be explaining yours?
The person sledging him was obviously English. This is a tale of an English person abusing a migrant.

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45020
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by God is an Englishman »

zzz wrote: The person sledging him was obviously English. This is a tale of an English person abusing a migrant.
How was he "obviously" English?

What is your point?
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

zzz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 759
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:30 pm

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by zzz »

my point is, how are you enjoying Sydney?
zzz wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote: Not heard these impressions. Have heard him and Paine having some mildly amusing conversations. India have won the "banter" it seems.
So how are you enjoying Sydney?
Usman Khawaja cops nasty sledge about his brother
7Sport 3 Jan. 2019, 10:10 am
Usman Khawaja has reportedly been on the receiving end of a sledge about his brother, who was recently arrested over a fake terror plot.

According to Fairfax Media, Khawaja was preparing for the fourth Test at the SCG on Tuesday when he was approached by a member of the public asking for an autograph.

The ‘middle-aged man with a thick British accent’ reportedly said something to Khawaja about his brother’s situation, which left the Aussie batsman fuming.

Khawaja’s reaction was reportedly ‘measured and controlled’, removing himself from the situation . before alerting team officials.

Security removed the man from the SCG before Khawaja headed to the nets to tune up for the Test match.

Arsalan Khawaja was released on bail in early December after appearing in a Sydney court on charges of forgery and attempting to pervert justice.

But he was re-arrested last week “after allegedly attempting to influence a witness” in the counter-terror investigation, a New South Wales state police spokeswoman told AFP.

His bail was formally revoked by a Sydney magistrate last Friday and he is expected to remain in custody until the next court hearing in February.

Sri Lankan Mohamed Nizamdeen was arrested in August over a “hit list” written in a notebook, which outlined plans to kill then prime minister Malcolm Turnbull.

But police released Nizamdeen in September and later dropped the charges after investigators could not link the handwriting in the notebook to him.

Investigators have said they believe Arsalan Khawaja set up his university colleague Nizamdeen in relation to a dispute over a woman.

with AFP

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45020
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by God is an Englishman »

Not been to Sydney for a while.

How was he obviously English?
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 55927
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:Not been to Sydney for a while.

How was he obviously English?
Good question - many have South African, West Indian or Pakistani accents.
Ignore this signature

B.Toomer
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 757
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:45 pm

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by B.Toomer »

You mean like Kepler Wessels?

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 55927
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by Bomber »

B.Toomer wrote:You mean like Kepler Wessels?
Yes
Ignore this signature

ozzie owl
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 17939
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by ozzie owl »

Bomber wrote:
B.Toomer wrote:You mean like Kepler Wessels?
Yes
Like?

Strauss, Trott, Pietersen, Lamb, R Smith, C Smith, Prior, A Grieg, D'Oliveriera, T Grieg, Curran

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45020
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by God is an Englishman »

ozzie owl wrote:
Bomber wrote:
B.Toomer wrote:You mean like Kepler Wessels?
Yes
Like?

Strauss, Trott, Pietersen, Lamb, R Smith, C Smith, Prior, A Grieg, D'Oliveriera, T Grieg, Curran

How many of those don't have British parentage. Looks like a lot of mainly people with English parentage to me.

Funny how "aussie" owl always makes this mistake.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 55927
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by Bomber »

This is about accents or haven't you been concentrating again? It actually backs your claim re zzz's assumption re "heavy British accent" :wink:
Ignore this signature

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45020
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bomber wrote:This is about accents or haven't you been concentrating again? It actually backs your claim re zzz's assumption re "heavy British accent" :wink:
We're still waiting for someone to prove how he was "clearly" English.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 55927
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by Bomber »

Dave from Number 12 wrote:India to win series 2-1
Good call, hope you had some coin on it
Ignore this signature

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45020
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by God is an Englishman »

Australia's Man of the Match - The rain.

I assume Pujara got man of the series.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 55927
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:Australia's Man of the Match - The rain.

I assume Pujara got man of the series.
If not, Bumrah would have been as good a candidate
Ignore this signature

Post Reply