Aus v India - test series

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Re: Aus v India - test series

Post by Bomber »

Old Redback wrote:GIAE I refer you to a previous quote - Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

You should know by now that when Aussies whinge they see it as everything else but whingeing but when an Englishman makes a comment questioning something they think is fine or something that relates to something 'Australian' that is a 'whinge'. If you avoid saying anything that King Bomber disagrees with you should be fine.
Classic example (again) of pot/kettle. Take another look at the posts on this thread, and tell me what the common denominator is (coming from the poms) and one day the penny might drop.
Ignore this signature

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

Making a single comment about an incident is not a whinge. Continual constant referencing is.

Eg: "Why doesn't Clarke complain about a sub fielder" "Aussies over appealing".

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Slinky_Pete wrote:Making a single comment about an incident is not a whinge. Continual constant referencing is.

Surely a legitimate complaint is not a whinge.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Slinky_Pete wrote:Making a single comment about an incident is not a whinge. Continual constant referencing is.

Yes, but it works both ways. Goes back to my previous point that whingeing about whingeing is still whingeing!
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:

Yes, but it works both ways. Goes back to my previous point that whingeing about whingeing is still whingeing!
So anyone who mentions whingeing is whingeing?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

No, continual whingeing about the same old things is whingeing (see slinky pete's example)
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:No, continual whingeing about the same old things is whingeing (see slinky pete's example)

They are seperate incidents, they continue to do the same hypocritical things.

If you do something wrong at work and you are warned about it. Is your boss whingeing when he mentions it when you continue to do it?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bomber wrote:No, continual whingeing about the same old things is whingeing (see slinky pete's example)

If you do something wrong at work and you are warned about it. Is your boss whingeing when he mentions it when you continue to do it?
No, its whingeing if he babbles on to others about the same thing over and over though.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:

No, its whingeing if he babbles on to others about the same thing over and over though.
I like your theory - I can continue to do the same thing wrong and the boss can't say anything about or he's a whinger

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Consider this.
Boss is at board meeting and says, "Johnny does this and Johnny does that, why does Johnny do this and that". Two days later, at next meeting, "Now Johnny is doing this and now he is doing that, it is pissing me off". Week later, "now Johnny is even going as far as doing this, that and the other".
Other board members by now are thinking, yeah whatever, you keep telling us the same crap over and over about Johnny. Whinge, moan........if you don't like it, DO something about it, or STFU.
Get it yet?
Ignore this signature

otto62
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by otto62 »

Sounds like my work.
I'm not playing anymore and I'm taking my ball and going home.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:Consider this.
Boss is at board meeting and says, "Johnny does this and Johnny does that, why does Johnny do this and that". Two days later, at next meeting, "Now Johnny is doing this and now he is doing that, it is pissing me off". Week later, "now Johnny is even going as far as doing this, that and the other".
Other board members by now are thinking, yeah whatever, you keep telling us the same crap over and over about Johnny. Whinge, moan........if you don't like it, DO something about it, or STFU.
Get it yet?

Unfortunately, I do not have the power to discipline the Australian cricket captain.

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

Get it yet?

Unfortunately, I do not have the power to discipline the Australian cricket captain.
And those that do, don't feel there is any reason to.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Slinky_Pete wrote:
Get it yet?

And those that do, don't feel there is any reason to.

Maybe they are just as hypocritical, or just consider their whingeing to be part of the convict culture

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Get it yet?

But you carry on about him like there's no tomorrow = whingeing
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:
Get it yet?

But you carry on about him like there's no tomorrow = whingeing

When they stop being hypocritical, I'll stop mentioning it.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bump: Feb 2017:

Does anyone know what particular photos of selectors the Marsh brothers have in their possession?
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

After our series over there, it was great to see an Englishman finally getting runs in India

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:After our series over there, it was great to see an Englishman finally getting runs in India
Albeit after a few sessions on the throne in between. :wink:
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:After our series over there, it was great to see an Englishman finally getting runs in India
Albeit after a few sessions on the throne in between. :wink:
They're the runs I was talking about

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Nice to see O'Keefe do well yesterday. Would like to see him and Zampa in tandem some day. Still, they got Kholi in their side so anything can still happen come 4th innings
Ignore this signature

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

333 runs, well done! :D
Ignore this signature

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

The ICC has issued a please explain for the pitch prepared at Pune.

looks like the Indians have taken to copying the poms
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Wayne Kerr wrote:The ICC has issued a please explain for the pitch prepared at Pune.

Oh dear, was this due to the match referee or aussie whingeing?

Nothing wrong with the wicket, it lasted the whole game and was fair to both sides but oh no, you can't have a wicket that takes spin on day one because the aussies say that's not what a wicket should do.

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

Wayne Kerr wrote:The ICC has issued a please explain for the pitch prepared at Pune.

Nothing wrong with the wicket, it lasted the whole game and was fair to both sides but oh no, you can't have a wicket that takes spin on day one because the aussies say that's not what a wicket should do.

just because you suffer from premature ejaculation, I will write it in capitals for you, ok.

THE ICC HAS ISSUED TO THE INDIA CRICKET ASSOCIATION
FURTHER merit has been added to Steve Smith’s hundred in Pune after the ICC officially reported the Pune pitch as unacceptable.

India has been put on notice for the “poor” condition of the wicket and the BCCI is now under intense pressure not to prepare another rank turner for the rest of this series.

It’s an embarrassing turn of events for the BCCI, who have not only been exposed for their pitch doctoring ways, but have copped a taste of their own medicine.

India’s attempts to order a turning pitch in Pune backfired spectacularly, with Virat Kohli and their batsmen becoming victims of the BCCI’s own attempts to control conditions and undermine their opposition.

The ICC last night announced that match referee Chris Broad had lodged a rating of “poor” for the Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium in Pune, expressing concern over the quality of the pitch.

Indian officials now have 14 days to respond to the notice, but a heavy fine is likely.
Funnily enough, it was a POM that was whingeing.... AGAIN!
Last edited by Wayne Kerr on Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Wayne Kerr wrote:

just because you suffer from premature ejaculation, I will write it in capitals for you, ok.

THE ICC HAS ISSUED TO THE INDIA CRICKET ASSOCIATION
FURTHER merit has been added to Steve Smith’s hundred in Pune after the ICC officially reported the Pune pitch as unacceptable.

India has been put on notice for the “poor” condition of the wicket and the BCCI is now under intense pressure not to prepare another rank turner for the rest of this series.

It’s an embarrassing turn of events for the BCCI, who have not only been exposed for their pitch doctoring ways, but have copped a taste of their own medicine.

India’s attempts to order a turning pitch in Pune backfired spectacularly, with Virat Kohli and their batsmen becoming victims of the BCCI’s own attempts to control conditions and undermine their opposition.

The ICC last night announced that match referee Chris Broad had lodged a rating of “poor” for the Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium in Pune, expressing concern over the quality of the pitch.

Indian officials now have 14 days to respond to the notice, but a heavy fine is likely.

You really are fascinated by my grenache aren't you. It's a little bit weird.

Just because the ICC issued it, doesn't mean the aussies didn't whinge about it. They usually do, they hypocritical convicts.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

I'll be interested to note when Australia go to England next, now that we may have some spinners that can cut it better than theirs, what sort of pitches they'll come up with this time.
Ours will be the same as usual you can pretty much bet (regardless of who comes to play).
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:I'll be interested to note when Australia go to England next, now that we may have some spinners that can cut it better than theirs, what sort of pitches they'll come up with this time.
Ours will be the same as usual you can pretty much bet (regardless of who comes to play).
Don't let those facts get in your way. I showed you last time about you preparing different pitches in Adelaide and perth.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bomber wrote:I'll be interested to note when Australia go to England next, now that we may have some spinners that can cut it better than theirs, what sort of pitches they'll come up with this time.
Don't let those facts get in your way. I showed you last time about you preparing different pitches in Adelaide and perth.
Pink ball test pitch will be the same as the next one I reckon. WACA is still a quick, bouncy wicket - if its very hot, it cracks up early.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:
Pink ball test pitch will be the same as the next one I reckon. WACA is still a quick, bouncy wicket - if its very hot, it cracks up early.
WACA not even confirmed as a venue for the cons next home series. However,
Last year’s Perth Test was a lifeless draw that might not have had a result if the game lasted 10 days, and South Africa has won the past two times they’ve visited
We all know that a special wicket is prepared for Adelaide Oval rather than the usual one. The grass is left longer to protect the ball.