AFL Finals

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: AFL Finals

Post by God is an Englishman »

Black_Panther wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Rookie wrote:I would make the rules tighter on how they can use the extra money

So lets say they get an extra $1.5M per year ok, now instead of giving $1M of that to Buddy they should be made to split the $1.5m accross their entire list, happy if they weight it according to each player's salary but at the moment it just seems that the additional money they are getting has been used to recruit gun players from other clubs.

Anyway but on the topic Hawks Vs Sydney GF with the Hawks to go back 2 back

No other team is made to control their salary cap in that way, why should they?

Facts are simple. It costs more to live in Sydney. So, 10K a week in Adelaide allows more disposable income that 10K a week in Sydney.
the cost of living is higher in Perth, why don't they have an allowance?
Speak to the AFL, I don't make the rules!

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

then don't comment on them if you don't fully appreciate the context of the argument.... :wink: :D
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Who said I don't understand. The discussion is about Sydney, not Perth. If it's expensive to live in Perth then they too should get concessions.

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Yeh but isn't The costs if living in Melbourne and Brisbane more expensive than Adelaide

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Rookie wrote:Yeh but isn't The costs if living in Melbourne and Brisbane more expensive than Adelaide

Probably, so adelaide teams have an advantage in the salary cap yet you lot still whinge.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Here we come Freo :twisted:

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Rookie wrote:Yeh but isn't The costs if living in Melbourne and Brisbane more expensive than Adelaide

Probably, so adelaide teams have an advantage in the salary cap yet you lot still whinge.
There are probably more commercial opportunities in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane & Perth as well....
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Friggin North get up. Hard to take when you think how close your own mob could have been. End of, getting bit sick of the Cats lately and hopefully this is the start of their slide. That said, Swans will be happy I reckon.
At least I picked a blue/white striped team to win this one.......
Ignore this signature

Sotally Tober
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Sotally Tober »

One wears stripes, the other wears hoops.
I need a drink

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

[quote="Black_Panther]

There are probably more commercial opportunities in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane & Perth as well....[/quote]

aussie rules isn't the biggest sport in 2 of those cities. Also, more team/players fighting for those opportunities.

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

First time ever that two top four teams have gone out in straight sets. Up the power!

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

$200 - cost of purchasing a Power and a magpie Guernsey in readiness for big weekend
$1000 - return trip to watch the Power in Melbourne V Hawks
$100 - cost of watching Magpies in next Sundays SANFL GF V Norwood

Priceless = the look on Power/Magpie fan faces when their dreams coming crashing around them....

GO YOU LEGS.........
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

MegaBonus wrote:$200 - cost of purchasing a Power and a magpie Guernsey in readiness for big weekend

Priceless = the look on Power/Magpie fan faces when their dreams coming crashing around them....

GO YOU LEGS.........
Where do you get your pricing from? :lol:
Most port adelaide fans will have merchandise already. I'm attending by bus and that including a ticket will cost $250. Why will it cost $100 to attend an sanfl grand final? :lol:

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by maxin in the shade »

MegaBonus wrote:$200 - cost of purchasing a Power and a magpie Guernsey in readiness for big weekend

GO YOU LEGS.........
gotta be in it to win it Mega which is more than i can say for the Crows.

Pride of South Australia? Your not even the pride of Adelaide anymore!

and if Port happen to lose to the Hawks, i doubt it'll be a case of "dreams crashing down".

we'll be disappointed, yes - but we're in a Prelim with a young squad thats only looking like getting better

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

gee....mid-year sitting top 2 games clear, having beaten Hawthorn, Freo and Geelong, your supporters were talking premiership (including Rucci).

now its, if we lose, we're happy to have made it to the Prelim with a young squad.

expectations change with the wind.....what happened to the magpie supporters of old who would stick their chin out and tell us that they would win regardless of how young their squad was???

you deserve to be where you are....yours is a good footy team but this is about the LEGS!!!!!

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

maxin in the shade wrote:
gotta be in it to win it Mega which is more than i can say for the Crows.

Pride of South Australia? Your not even the pride of Adelaide anymore!

and if Port happen to lose to the Hawks, i doubt it'll be a case of "dreams crashing down".

we'll be disappointed, yes - but we're in a Prelim with a young squad thats only looking like getting better
We exist to almost win premierships.

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

What a heartbreaking way to lose. Credit to port power. This young team just never gives up and if we kicked straight, we would be in the final.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Like an experienced jockey, hawthorn held back the whip and cantered to victory...even resting a sore Lewis.

Anyway....the cards fell your way by playing a Richmond that had run it's race and a Fremantle without its 3 key defenders and it's best small forward.

Ok...that's 50% of the equation.....now for the a Legs to complete the weekend.

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

MegaBonus wrote:Like an experienced jockey, hawthorn held back the whip and cantered to victory...even resting a sore Lewis.

Anyway....the cards fell your way by playing a Richmond that had run it's race and a Fremantle without its 3 key defenders and it's best small forward.

Ok...that's 50% of the equation.....now for the a Legs to complete the weekend.
The cards fell our way? :lol:. The umpiring fell hawthorns.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

End of, Sydney v Hawthorn is pretty much the "right" GF.

Credit to Port for punching above their weight, so to speak. Can hold their heads high. Bit like Bombers in 1999 (prelim final loss by 1 point), poor kicking for goal cost dearly.
Ignore this signature

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Bomber wrote:End of, Sydney v Hawthorn is pretty much the "right" GF.

Credit to Port for punching above their weight, so to speak. Can hold their heads high. Bit like Bombers in 1999 (prelim final loss by 1 point), poor kicking for goal cost dearly.
This is the final I wanted to see if port didn't make it. Should be a good game to watch. And yes I agree bomber. Port kicked themselves out of the final. Could've been up by 6 goals at quarter time.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

MegaBonus

$200 - cost of purchasing a Power and a magpie Guernsey in readiness for big weekend

GO YOU LEGS.........

off to the Parade................................. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

Bomber wrote: Bit like Bombers in 1999 (prelim final loss by 1 point), poor kicking for goal cost dearly.
One second i was ready to cry when Wallis was about to boot it then comes the tackle I'll remember forever.

But we played our final vs Essendon