Aus v Eng - Rugby tests

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Aus v Eng - Rugby tests

Post by Bomber »

The Aussie coach might lift England and Wallabies haven't played a test in ages.

Reckon we'll still win 2-1.

That said, do these games "matter"?
Ignore this signature

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Aus v Eng - Rugby tests

Post by FoundIt »

Bomber wrote:The Aussie coach might lift England and Wallabies haven't played a test in ages.

nope
Im closer than you think

Baseball Bill
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Baseball Bill »

Only if they play under lights with a pink ball.
Giving always takes its toll

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bomber wrote:The Aussie coach might lift England and Wallabies haven't played a test in ages.

They are a little bit more important than a friendly in football but to quote Clive Woodward after England lost to australia in June (?) 2004. This year was about the World Cup, not the Cook Cup. I'll still be watching though and hoping we win and will be interested to see our improvements seeing as we have won the grand slam recently but won't be looking into it too much.

I went to the game in 03 in Melbourne and the atmosphere was brilliant.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:

They are a little bit more important than a friendly in football but to quote Clive Woodward after England lost to australia in June (?) 2004. This year was about the World Cup, not the Cook Cup. I'll still be watching though and hoping we win and will be interested to see our improvements seeing as we have won the grand slam recently but won't be looking into it too much.

So it matters or not (before kick off)?
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:

So it matters or not (before kick off)?
Not really. I want us to win but you beat us in the one that matters. Even if it was the first time in 24 years.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Fair enough. I'll call this a non event despite good ticket sales, etc.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

As I said, want us to win and we did. Absolutely dominant in the pack. Even the Aussie water boy was trying to cheat.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

So you finally won in Brisbane, well done.

Very undisciplined - cant remember conceding so many penalties. That said, scored more tries and your bloke sure knows how to kick straight. Anyway, a non-event supposedly so no major dramas given we hadn't played a test in ages. "Water boy"? :lol:
Ignore this signature

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Scholes »

Aussie arses kicked again. Football, cricket, rugby, is there anything Australia can beat us at?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:So you finally won in Brisbane, well done.

Very undisciplined - cant remember conceding so many penalties. That said, scored more tries and your bloke sure knows how to kick straight. Anyway, a non-event supposedly so no major dramas given we hadn't played a test in ages. "Water boy"? :lol:
If you don't want to lose because Farrell can kick straight, don't give away so many penalties. As you said yourself, you were very ill disciplined against a strong English side that dominated at the break downs and in forwards. You had me VERY worried in the first 15 minutes or so.

What was the water boy thinking?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

If you don't want to lose because Farrell can kick straight, don't give away so many penalties. As you said yourself, you were very ill disciplined against a strong English side that dominated at the break downs and in forwards. You had me VERY worried in the first 15 minutes or so.

Not much different to a Liverpool ball boy once. Good to see everyone doing their bit for the team.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:

Not much different to a Liverpool ball boy once. Good to see everyone doing their bit for the team.
Blatant cheating is condoned by australian, why am I not surprised?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

:lol:

By a "waterboy"? Next you'll call supporters for not throwing a ball back cheats. You should be thankful that the Frog ref looked after you so well.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote::lol:

By a "waterboy"? Next you'll call supporters for not throwing a ball back cheats. You should be thankful that the Frog ref looked after you so well.
You didn't watch the game did you?

If you did, you would say the ref did an OK job and certainly didn't protect anyone.

Are you seriously saying that what the waterboy did wasn't cheating - If you say NO, then again I'd suggest you didn't watch the game.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

If you did, you would say the ref did an OK job and certainly didn't protect anyone.

Are you seriously saying that what the waterboy did wasn't cheating - If you say NO, then again I'd suggest you didn't watch the game.
I watched it ok. No issues with the ref, but any 50/50's went your way. You'll have to remind me what the waterboy's position is on the field as from what I recall there is no such field position.
Maybe its just another pommy whinge (even when you won).
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:

I watched it ok. No issues with the ref, but any 50/50's went your way. You'll have to remind me what the waterboy's position is on the field as from what I recall there is no such field position.
Maybe its just another pommy whinge (even when you won).
Did you see what he did?

Oh and a number of times the penalty was given your way for collapsing the scrum - so clearly not all 50/50's went your way.

Are you seriously saying that what the waterboy did wasn't cheating

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Can spectators cheat? I guess I'll have to accuse all coaches of the same thing when team in front at injury time, ball comes near coaches box and they don't immediately throw the ball back. Maybe you're confusing gamesmanship with cheating, but I doubt it as you always see things in black and white (when it suits an agenda).
End of, you win the game, you still whinge. It never ends.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:Can spectators cheat? I guess I'll have to accuse all coaches of the same thing when team in front at injury time, ball comes near coaches box and they don't immediately throw the ball back. Maybe you're confusing gamesmanship with cheating, but I doubt it as you always see things in black and white (when it suits an agenda).
A spectator cannot enter the field of play, a spectator cannot interfere with the players.

How is not cheating when a member of the staff deliberately tries to interfere with the game. I'm thinking you don't understand the game and the significance of what he was trying to do if you don't think that's cheating.

In fact, did you even see the incident I'm talking about. Maybe the aussie coverage glossed over it, despite the warning from the referee to the australian bench

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bomber wrote:Can spectators cheat? I guess I'll have to accuse all coaches of the same thing when team in front at injury time, ball comes near coaches box and they don't immediately throw the ball back. Maybe you're confusing gamesmanship with cheating, but I doubt it as you always see things in black and white (when it suits an agenda).
A spectator cannot enter the field of play, a spectator cannot interfere with the players.

How is not cheating when a member of the staff deliberately tries to interfere with the game. I'm thinking you don't understand the game and the significance of what he was trying to do if you don't think that's cheating.

In fact, did you even see the incident I'm talking about. Maybe the aussie coverage glossed over it, despite the warning from the referee to the australian bench
He didn't give the ball back immediately when it virtually landed in his lap, big deal. I can just imagine your lot being so accommodating and giving the ball back at lightning speed to Australia's advantage if it were the other way round. Give me a break
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:

He didn't give the ball back immediately when it virtually landed in his lap, big deal. I can just imagine your lot being so accommodating and giving the ball back at lightning speed to Australia's advantage if it were the other way round. Give me a break
As I said, you clearly didn't see the incident I'm talking about.

I'm talking about when the water boy tried to get his hands on the ball kicked into touched and actually challenged the England player for the ball. The England player caught it, this is nothing to do with not giving the ball back quick enough.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

So a water boy took the ball off an England player who caught it now. That's even more reason to laugh! :lol:

Next you'll cry that our mascot didn't shake hands in a proper manner.

Holy cow, try and accept the win and stop looking for petty reasons to tout the cheat tag so much........ :roll:
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:So a water boy took the ball off an England player who caught it now. That's even more reason to laugh! :lol:

Holy cow, try and accept the win and stop looking for petty reasons to tout the cheat tag so much........ :roll:
No, he didn't take it off him, He tried to. Clearly you don't understand the significance of the attempt and how it was trying to stop the quick line out.

Obviously you either don't understand the game or you didn't see the incident.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bomber wrote:So a water boy took the ball off an England player who caught it now. That's even more reason to laugh! :lol:

No, he didn't take it off him, He tried to. Clearly you don't understand the significance of the attempt and how it was trying to stop the quick line out.

Obviously you either don't understand the game or you didn't see the incident.
Still whingeing. A little waterboy (at worst) put off one of your players whilst the ball was out. Ref should have awarded a penalty and sent the waterboy off. Would that have made you happy? Can you categorically state that if roles were reversed that the same wouldn't have happened?
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: Still whingeing. A little waterboy (at worst) put off one of your players whilst the ball was out. Ref should have awarded a penalty and sent the waterboy off. Would that have made you happy? Can you categorically state that if roles were reversed that the same wouldn't have happened?
Well we haven't done it before but that's like asking if you can categorically say the sun will rise tomorrow.

If he'd given a penalty then I would have questioned the referee's knowledge of the laws.

So did you not see the incident or do you not understand the significance?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

I saw it and laughed at the time. I would have at least chuckled if it were the other way round too. If my team won I doubt I would have even mentioned it as I'm not obsessed like some.

I reckon today I drove slightly over the speed limit once or twice on the freeway today. Should I hand myself into police? If not, you'd accuse me of getting away with "cheating" by the looks of it.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:I saw it and laughed at the time. I would have at least chuckled if it were the other way round too. If my team won I doubt I would have even mentioned it as I'm not obsessed like some.

I reckon today I drove slightly over the speed limit once or twice on the freeway today. Should I hand myself into police? If not, you'd accuse me of getting away with "cheating" by the looks of it.
Then I'll take it you didn't understand this significance on the game of what he did.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bomber wrote:I saw it and laughed at the time. I would have at least chuckled if it were the other way round too. If my team won I doubt I would have even mentioned it as I'm not obsessed like some.

Then I'll take it you didn't understand this significance on the game of what he did.
Take what you like.
England coach - says nothing about it
England captain - says nothing about it
GIAE - posts on football news and makes a song and dance about it
Hmmm.......
Ignore this signature

Go-Bang's
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Go-Bang's »

You know this but you still bite.
Bodø's Publicist wrote:You have to be pretty naive to believe any side could be 100% innocent.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Go-Bang's wrote:You know this but you still bite.
Bite what? Showing up GIAE is not "biting".
Ignore this signature