Essendon Saga continues

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Essendon Saga continues

Post by adelaidebloke »

players going to walk due to the clubs negligence....Essendon losing spots to hide!!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Ding, ding, Ok, lost that round.

Next!

:wink:
Ignore this signature

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Bomber wrote:Ding, ding, Ok, lost that round.

Next!

:wink:

I wonder if Hird was shocked to be sitting there today?! :lol:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

I wonder what the plan now is. Accept all the crap (rightly or wrongly) and move on, or more legal argy-bargy?

It must be driven by the players now. The club nees to consult them in what's in their (players) best interests when looking at "what happens next" even if the club as a whole has to suffer.

Either way, this needs to be put to bed.
Ignore this signature

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

Bomber wrote:I wonder what the plan now is. Accept all the crap (rightly or wrongly) and move on, or more legal argy-bargy?

It must be driven by the players now. The club nees to consult them in what's in their (players) best interests when looking at "what happens next" even if the club as a whole has to suffer.

you know the answer to that - they'll appeal

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

PDog wrote:
Bomber wrote:I wonder what the plan now is. Accept all the crap (rightly or wrongly) and move on, or more legal argy-bargy?

you know the answer to that - they'll appeal
Hopefully Essendon* supporters get behind the club and buy 10 memberships each. They need all the money they can get.. especially if, as expected, they appeal and lose again.

I find it hard to believe that intelligent men like Paul Little and James Hird are so blinded by their own arrogance that they want to push against this so hard. If they took they whack last year, players bans would probably be over already. Instead they are paying ASADA over a million dollars in legal fees and will go for another appeal. If they do go down this path, they should be suspended from the AFL until it finally put to bed. They are on a hiding to nothing, the longer it goes on, the more I enjoy it. Pack of cheating cunts.

wizard
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by wizard »

Why would Essendon put the best interest of the players first? They haven't done that to date.

I'm glad this is actually going to go ahead so that ASADA/AFL/whoever else can get to the bottom of what happened and those guilty (assuming it is proven) are held responsible.

I feel for the players caught up in all this.

Hird and Little have to go.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

wizard wrote: I feel for the players caught up in all this.
Don't. They are either straight up cheats, or willfully ignorant. Neither scenario should illicit sympathy. Hopefully they all cop their 2 year bans.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

LFTWNG11 wrote:
Don't. They are either straight up cheats, or willfully ignorant. Neither scenario should illicit sympathy. Hopefully they all cop their 2 year bans.
So YOU have evidence that they are "cheats" do you? Case easily solved then, why all the hoo-ha.
Ignore this signature

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

Essendon are a disgrace, if this was a Aleague club, they would have been dead and buried 2 years ago!

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

that doesnt even make sense

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

ruud wrote:that doesnt even make sense
Rarely does he.

Also what ramifications to a team that is playing a one of these "naughty Essendon players" from 2012 (kicked 4 goals yesterday)?
Ignore this signature

Mápó Tòfu
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Mápó Tòfu »

ruud wrote:that doesnt even make sense
Should this quote be in the finals thread?

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Bomber wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:
So YOU have evidence that they are "cheats" do you? Case easily solved then, why all the hoo-ha.
I don't work for ASADA Bomber :wink:

Let's see how the players respond to SCN's. The fact that they have even been issued SCN's would indicate that the players either a) knew what they were taking (straight up cheating), or b) were ignorant in their duties to know what was being injected into their body (willfully ignorant). As I said, either scenario should not illicit any sympathy as the players would be well versed in what is required of them by the WADA/ASADA code. :D
Bomber wrote:Also what ramifications to a team that is playing a one of these "naughty Essendon* players" from 2012 (kicked 4 goals yesterday)?

They serve their suspensions like everyone else. Unlucky for the team who recruited them, but I guess it's a case of buyer beware.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Really, I laugh at those who seriously think player's would have knowingly juiced themselves up with banned substances. Yeah, issue the notices, what do you reckon they'll come back with?
Ignore this signature

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Bomber wrote:Really, I laugh at those who seriously think player's would have knowingly juiced themselves up with banned substances. Yeah, issue the notices, what do you reckon they'll come back with?
Yes because athletes/players have never deliberately taken banned drugs in the history of sport. :shock: Those poor innocent players, the world is out to get them :roll: :lol:

I don't know what they will come back with, do you?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

LFTWNG11 wrote:
Bomber wrote:Really, I laugh at those who seriously think player's would have knowingly juiced themselves up with banned substances. Yeah, issue the notices, what do you reckon they'll come back with?
Yes because athletes/players have never deliberately taken banned drugs in the history of sport. :shock: Those poor innocent players, the world is out to get them :roll: :lol:

No, so until then, all still hot air and not any iota of evidence produced by ASADA. Next we'll throw people in jail for something they might have done. What a great society we will live in.

I like how everyone suddenly wants Ryder too. One minute he's this, next minute, we'll ignore what he might have done as we can benefit.
Ignore this signature

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Bomber wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:

No, so until then, all still hot air and not any iota of evidence produced by ASADA. Next we'll throw people in jail for something they might have done. What a great society we will live in.

I like how everyone suddenly wants Ryder too. One minute he's this, next minute, we'll ignore what he might have done as we can benefit.
Is Ryder the one who would by rumour be more comfortable playing for the crows?

(or Sydney given their annual street party)
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

wizard
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by wizard »

I doubt the players would have known what they were taking, and that makes this all so much worse.

The fact Essendon have jeopordised their careers (and possibly their health) is pretty disgraceful.

That's why, if it is found to be true, the book needs to be thrown at Essendon and anyone who knew what was going on.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

wizard wrote:I doubt the players would have known what they were taking, and that makes this all so much worse.

The fact Essendon have jeopordised their careers (and possibly their health) is pretty disgraceful.

That's why, if it is found to be true, the book needs to be thrown at Essendon and anyone who knew what was going on.
The book has already been thrown at Essendon.

Still no request to talk to Dank by ASADA. One must ask why not when he seems to be the central figure.
Ignore this signature

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

Bomber wrote:
wizard wrote:I doubt the players would have known what they were taking, and that makes this all so much worse.

Still no request to talk to Dank by ASADA. One must ask why not when he seems to be the central figure.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-03-13/a ... mmons-dank

Dunno the outcome though.

This I guess: http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/sharks ... 7031201695

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Bomber wrote:No, so until then, all still hot air and not any iota of evidence produced by ASADA. Next we'll throw people in jail for something they might have done. What a great society we will live in.

You do realise ASADA are following their legislated process, and that process is to not make evidence available to those under investigation until the SCN hearing? Essendon* want them to beak that legislated process on showing the evidence while taking ASADA to court (and getting absolutely smashed) over what they perceived as breaking that legislated process in terms of the investigation. Situations like this are why the Essendon* hierarchy is losing credibility everyday... if it had any in the first place.

No one is going to jail for WADA code breaches. Where Ryder chooses to play or the clubs interested in him have absolute no bearing on whether Essendon* broke the WADA code. So why include that hyperbole in your post as if it is of any relevance what so ever to the ASADA case?

FYI: Carlton don't want Ryder.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Bomber wrote:

The book hasn't been thrown at the players yet.

Once all the Cronulla and Essendon* bans are put in place, it will be very easy for ASADA to ban Dank indefinitely from professional sports.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

LFTWNG11 wrote:
Bomber wrote:

The book hasn't been thrown at the players yet.

Once all the Cronulla and Essendon* bans are put in place, it will be very easy for ASADA to ban Dank indefinitely from professional sports.
Yet again you speak as though you know eveything that went on. I dont know why they just didnt ask you to attend court sessions. Believe everything you read by media though, it seems nearly everyone else is.
Do you really believe players are at fault for listening/believing what employer suggests they do, especially if held in high regard and trustworthy? Rightly or wrongly, they were between a rock and a hard place.
Club has been smashed already, players have been through the wringer already, but yeah, lets ban them all for good just to satisfy people who have nothing to do with anything because its not their problem, but just want to see it go away.
Ignore this signature

wizard
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by wizard »

How has the book been thrown at Essendon? Club scientist banned and their coach had to take a 1 year holiday in the south of France?

The players will have to face a ban because they took banned substances, that's the law. It sucks, but ignorance isn't an excuse.

If it is found that Dank was injecting players with banned substances without their knowledge, then he should be banned for life.
As should anyone else who was involved.

(This is all assuming that Essendon and players are found guilty of taking banned substances)

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

wizard wrote:How has the book been thrown at Essendon? Club scientist banned and their coach had to take a 1 year holiday in the south of France?

The players will have to face a ban because they took banned substances, that's the law. It sucks, but ignorance isn't an excuse.

If it is found that Dank was injecting players with banned substances without their knowledge, then he should be banned for life.
As should anyone else who was involved.

(This is all assuming that Essendon and players are found guilty of taking banned substances)
Your final sentence in brackets is the key. If so they'll all go down. If they dont however, I'm convinced people are still going to ask for a pound of flesh.

Being fined $2m, loss of draft picks and being checked out of finals isn't book being thrown? How many times can you get penalised for the one infraction?
Ignore this signature

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Bomber wrote: Yet again you speak as though you know eveything that went on. I dont know why they just didnt ask you to attend court sessions. Believe everything you read by media though, it seems nearly everyone else is.
Do you really believe players are at fault for listening/believing what employer suggests they do, especially if held in high regard and trustworthy? Rightly or wrongly, they were between a rock and a hard place.
Club has been smashed already, players have been through the wringer already, but yeah, lets ban them all for good just to satisfy people who have nothing to do with anything because its not their problem, but just want to see it go away.
:lol: You keep attacking me personally on this topic, when all I have done is give my opinion based on 1. Ziggy's Essendon* report 2. AFL's Interim report 3. What the media has reported (most of which is not worth the paper it is printed on) and 4. The result of the court case. No where have I claimed inside information, no matter how much you try to deflect.

Should of asked you to attend court cases; seeing as you know exactly what went through the players minds and know that they are innocent little snow flakes.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Bomber wrote:Your final sentence in brackets is the key. If so they'll all go down. If they dont however, I'm convinced people are still going to ask for a pound of flesh.

Being fined $2m, loss of draft picks and being checked out of finals isn't book being thrown? How many times can you get penalised for the one infraction?
You really assume, if this goes to ADVRP hearing and Essendon* successfully defend themselves, people will be wanting them to be punished anyway?? :lol: Talk about delusions and paranoia... if they successfully defend themselves, ASADA will be absolutely smashed in the media and behind closed doors. People will lose their jobs and their reputation at ASADA if they are bluffing, and rightly so.

How about Essendon* stop taking people to court and defend themselves in the ADRVP hearing??

Are you going to finally accept that Essendon* are a pack of cheats if they go to a ADRVP hearing and are found guilty? Or will it be everyone else's fault still?

One infraction? I believe 34 SCN have been issued :wink:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

LFTWNG11 wrote:
Bomber wrote: Yet again you speak as though you know eveything that went on. I dont know why they just didnt ask you to attend court sessions. Believe everything you read by media though, it seems nearly everyone else is.
:lol: You keep attacking me personally on this topic, when all I have done is give my opinion based on 1. Ziggy's Essendon* report 2. AFL's Interim report 3. What the media has reported (most of which is not worth the paper it is printed on) and 4. The result of the court case. No where have I claimed inside information, no matter how much you try to deflect.

Should of asked you to attend court cases; seeing as you know exactly what went through the players minds and know that they are innocent little snow flakes.
Personal attack? Where? Just having an opinion as you rightly are and highlighting where this is all quite bizarre given no one has evidence that anyone delivberately tried to cheat, nothing more, nothing less.
Ignore this signature

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

LFTWNG11 wrote:
Bomber wrote:Your final sentence in brackets is the key. If so they'll all go down. If they dont however, I'm convinced people are still going to ask for a pound of flesh.

You really assume, if this goes to ADVRP hearing and Essendon* successfully defend themselves, people will be wanting them to be punished anyway?? :lol: Talk about delusions and paranoia... if they successfully defend themselves, ASADA will be absolutely smashed in the media and behind closed doors. People will lose their jobs and their reputation at ASADA if they are bluffing, and rightly so.

How about Essendon* stop taking people to court and defend themselves in the ADRVP hearing??

Are you going to finally accept that Essendon* are a pack of cheats if they go to a ADRVP hearing and are found guilty? Or will it be everyone else's fault still?

One infraction? I believe 34 SCN have been issued :wink:
If they are found guilty as a result of proof beyond doubt, then they will cop it anyway and of course I will have no problem with that. As for being classed as cheats, what did they win/gain again exactly? Naive, misguided, over-trusting are words I would consider more appropriate.
Ignore this signature