Essendon Saga continues

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

sephiroth
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Essendon Saga continues

Post by sephiroth »

Bomber wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:
Bomber wrote:Your final sentence in brackets is the key. If so they'll all go down. If they dont however, I'm convinced people are still going to ask for a pound of flesh.

Being fined $2m, loss of draft picks and being checked out of finals isn't book being thrown? How many times can you get penalised for the one infraction?
You really assume, if this goes to ADVRP hearing and Essendon* successfully defend themselves, people will be wanting them to be punished anyway?? :lol: Talk about delusions and paranoia... if they successfully defend themselves, ASADA will be absolutely smashed in the media and behind closed doors. People will lose their jobs and their reputation at ASADA if they are bluffing, and rightly so.

How about Essendon* stop taking people to court and defend themselves in the ADRVP hearing??

Are you going to finally accept that Essendon* are a pack of cheats if they go to a ADRVP hearing and are found guilty? Or will it be everyone else's fault still?

One infraction? I believe 34 SCN have been issued :wink:
If they are found guilty as a result of proof beyond doubt, then they will cop it anyway and of course I will have no problem with that. As for being classed as cheats, what did they win/gain again exactly? Naive, misguided, over-trusting are words I would consider more appropriate.
this is not a criminal trial.

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Bomber wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:
Bomber wrote:Your final sentence in brackets is the key. If so they'll all go down. If they dont however, I'm convinced people are still going to ask for a pound of flesh.

Being fined $2m, loss of draft picks and being checked out of finals isn't book being thrown? How many times can you get penalised for the one infraction?
You really assume, if this goes to ADVRP hearing and Essendon* successfully defend themselves, people will be wanting them to be punished anyway?? :lol: Talk about delusions and paranoia... if they successfully defend themselves, ASADA will be absolutely smashed in the media and behind closed doors. People will lose their jobs and their reputation at ASADA if they are bluffing, and rightly so.

How about Essendon* stop taking people to court and defend themselves in the ADRVP hearing??

Are you going to finally accept that Essendon* are a pack of cheats if they go to a ADRVP hearing and are found guilty? Or will it be everyone else's fault still?

One infraction? I believe 34 SCN have been issued :wink:
If they are found guilty as a result of proof beyond doubt, then they will cop it anyway and of course I will have no problem with that. As for being classed as cheats, what did they win/gain again exactly? Naive, misguided, over-trusting are words I would consider more appropriate.
So it's only cheating if you win a trophy?

What about Watson's Brownlow? Was that during this period of juicing? If so he should be stripped of this medal.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

sephiroth wrote: this is not a criminal trial.
The way everyone is carrying on, you'd think it was.
Ignore this signature

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Bomber wrote:If they are found guilty as a result of the balance of probabilities, then they will cop it anyway and of course I will have no problem with that. As for being classed as cheats, what did they win/gain again exactly? Naive, misguided, over-trusting are words I would consider more appropriate.
Watson's Brownlow medal should be the first thing to go. I also corrected your post for you.

Willfully ignorant is a term I would use.

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

this is why tim Watson wants Essendon to fight, it is just about his son and his brownlow.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Essendon not going to appeal:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/e ... 0op2e.html

But according to Slobbo Robbo... Hird is going to appeal by himself :shock: :lol:

Oh man, this is the gift that just keeps on giving!! :D

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

LFTWNG11 wrote:Essendon not going to appeal:

But according to Slobbo Robbo... Hird is going to appeal by himself :shock: :lol:

Bit odd to say the least. Imagine if Hird wins appeal!
Ignore this signature

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Bomber wrote:

Bit odd to say the least. Imagine if Hird wins appeal!
Imagine......................... Keep imagining....... if you imagine enough, will it manifest in reality?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Is Hird doing the appeal or is it the Mrs? She seems to be the one that wears the pants in that household...
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Mike Fitzpatrick: Carlton premiership player, premiership captain and all-round legend.
The removal of Hird and the closure of the Robinson case come after AFL chairman Mike Fitzpatrick told Little last week to bring an end to the costly and messy fall-out from the Essendon drugs program of 2011 and 2012 which still sees 34 players involved at the time facing anti-doping bans.
There ends the absolute worst coaching career anyone has ever had. One final: lost by 15 goals to Carlton. 10-3 start to a season, to ultimately finish 11th. Biggest penalties in the history of the AFL, with more to come. Still appealing a court case his players pleaded with him to not go through with. Matthew Knights is a coaching legend in comparison.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

LFTWNG11 wrote:Mike Fitzpatrick: Carlton premiership player, premiership captain and all-round legend.
The removal of Hird and the closure of the Robinson case come after AFL chairman Mike Fitzpatrick told Little last week to bring an end to the costly and messy fall-out from the Essendon drugs program of 2011 and 2012 which still sees 34 players involved at the time facing anti-doping bans.
There ends the absolute worst coaching career anyone has ever had. One final: lost by 15 goals to Carlton. 10-3 start to a season, to ultimately finish 11th. Biggest penalties in the history of the AFL, with more to come. Still appealing a court case his players pleaded with him to not go through with. Matthew Knights is a coaching legend in comparison.
Knights coaching record v Carlton was quite reasonable. :wink:
Ignore this signature

wizard
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by wizard »

Hird sacked apparently.

Right decision by Essendon. Just had to wait until he did something completely stupid before they could do it.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Not surprising I suppose. End of day, and all other Essendon supporters I know are good with it, as long as Bomber Thompson carries on as coach, best scenario all round.
Ignore this signature

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Bomber wrote:Not surprising I suppose. End of day, and all other Essendon supporters I know are good with it, as long as Bomber Thompson carries on as coach, best scenario all round.
And now is not sacked! Hopefully he continues his stellar coaching career!!

Knights record against Carlton was impeccable :wink:

wizard
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by wizard »

Not sacked. Yet.

Has to go though, surely.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

wizard wrote:Not sacked. Yet.

Looks that way. Talk about "dead man walking."

Still think that if he persists with court appeal and wins, it would make things even more bizarre!

Bottom line, want Thompson to stay and that looks like only happening if Hird is out.

Never a dull day for journos at EFC!! :wink:
Ignore this signature

wizard
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by wizard »

Hird to Crows in 2015.

Perfect fit. Egotistical coach with underachieving mid-table club.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Bomber wrote:
wizard wrote:Not sacked. Yet.

Looks that way. Talk about "dead man walking."

Still think that if he persists with court appeal and wins, it would make things even more bizarre!

Bottom line, want Thompson to stay and that looks like only happening if Hird is out.

Never a dull day for journos at EFC!! :wink:
Bomber is better coach in any respect anyway. Cannot figure out why Essendon* are so attached to Hird as a coach... he is anything but the messiah.

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

the club have slowly destroyed themselves....what a absolute joke of a club, hird is a absolute peanut.

love it!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

adelaidebloke wrote:the club have slowly destroyed themselves....what a absolute joke of a club, hird is a absolute peanut.

love it!
Understandable that someone would feel good about the most successful team in AFL/VFL history having a lean trot.

PS - please use "an" if using before a word beginning with a vowel. Legume.
Ignore this signature

★★★
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ★★★ »

I'm still coming to grips with the english language, so please help me bomber.

Hour doesn't start with a vowel... would you use a or an?

Broken Glass
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Broken Glass »

I passed a road sign directing me to Essendon today. Come to think of it, I saw one for Hawthorn and Footscray (might have been Fitzroy) and I am currently in carlton.
Beware code thirties

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Broken Glass wrote:I passed a road sign directing me to Essendon today. Come to think of it, I saw one for Hawthorn and Footscray (might have been Fitzroy) and I am currently in carlton.
If you're in Carlton you're not far from the city. From memory, St Kilda, Richmond, Hawthorn, are all close by too. Essendon is a fair bit away though.
Ignore this signature

Broken Glass
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Broken Glass »

I was one the freeway when I saw that sign. Freeways in Brisbane, Perth and also here go right to the CBD. It's about time Adelaide did the same.
Beware code thirties

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Broken Glass wrote:I was one the freeway when I saw that sign. Freeways in Brisbane, Perth and also here go right to the CBD. It's about time Adelaide did the same.
Glen Osmond Rd - near enough! :wink:

PS - sounds like you're doing what the missus and I did about 4 years ago. A week or so in Melbourne, via Great Ocean Road, night stop over in Warrnambool etc. Lorne was my favourite GOR town.
Ignore this signature

Broken Glass
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Broken Glass »

Just two nights in Melbourne, then down the south coast to Sorrento, ferry to Queenscliff and GOR from there.
Beware code thirties

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Bomber wrote:
Broken Glass wrote:I was one the freeway when I saw that sign. Freeways in Brisbane, Perth and also here go right to the CBD. It's about time Adelaide did the same.

PS - sounds like you're doing what the missus and I did about 4 years ago. A week or so in Melbourne, via Great Ocean Road, night stop over in Warrnambool etc. Lorne was my favourite GOR town.
I would have thought you would have been more of a Port Fairy man..

I liked Torquay. I went during summer and Lorne was just too busy when I was there.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Black_Panther wrote:
Bomber wrote:

I liked Torquay. I went during summer and Lorne was just too busy when I was there.
Had lunch at the Port Fairy pub - supposedly one of the oldest in Australia if memory serves.

Apollo Bay deserves a mention. Bottom line, nice place to go for long drive with occasional stops.
Ignore this signature

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Bomber wrote:
Black_Panther wrote:
Bomber wrote: Glen Osmond Rd - near enough! :wink:

Had lunch at the Port Fairy pub - supposedly one of the oldest in Australia if memory serves.

Apollo Bay deserves a mention. Bottom line, nice place to go for long drive with occasional stops.
Was Apollo Bay the town where there was the lighthouse just off the main road? If so that had some really nice coastal scenery as well.

artmtdalat
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by artmtdalat »

joke??? do u think them come here for ..... ???
link come on BONG88 for football