LOL CROWS

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: LOL CROWS

Post by PDog »

Red-4-Life wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:Will the real 19th man please stand up, please stand up.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

how embarrassing was that. Apparently they flew those guys over from sydney as well?
very embarrassing...

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

I guess it would be out of place to mention the Port Power supporter who tried to siphon petrol from an underground tank only to be taken to hospital because he accidentally siphoned out and ingested raw sewerage instead :lol: Classic.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

It just gets better.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

totsreds08 wrote:It just gets better.
how pathetic was that 19th man flyover plane they did...really makes them look desperate. But hey, let them waste thousands of dollars on pointless crap. Guess we shouldn't feel obliged to cover up our race for our home games now after that stunt at OUR home game :wink:

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Red-4-Life wrote:
how pathetic was that 19th man flyover plane they did...really makes them look desperate. But hey, let them waste thousands of dollars on pointless crap. Guess we shouldn't feel obliged to cover up our race for our home games now after that stunt at OUR home game :wink:
I laughed at that. Trying to grab attention. What a performance. What a game! What a team. Amazing stuff

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

totsreds08 wrote:
Red-4-Life wrote:
I laughed at that. Trying to grab attention. What a performance. What a game! What a team. Amazing stuff
So excited for the future. Have a look at the players we didn't even have playing as well, so much depth all over the park.

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

55 points!

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

another great result for the pride of the river torrens today

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

adelaidebloke wrote:another great result for the pride of the river torrens today
Swans do like rivers
Ignore this signature

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

adelaidebloke wrote:another great result for the pride of the river torrens today
i hear the power choked against the chokers?

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Did I hear right that only 47000 turned up to this sell out?

Seriously if that is correct then that is a typically weak Crows effort - only their second game at the new Oval (that they call the "Crowval") and they can't be bothered going. Very weak. No wonder the club has to get their supporters some songs - more atmosphere on the moon.

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

see how many you get this week... any banners to cover seats in the works? all the band wagon jumpers have to sit somewhere!

funny how port could barely get anyone to a game a few years back, but we are the disgrace for having 47000 at a match. short memory pal...

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

hey....what was wrong with the Primus years???????????? :oops: :oops: :oops: :clown: :clown: :clown:
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

Port sold our their final home game at AAMI, and "only" got 45,000.

There's a certain ticket you can buy that gets to access to both Adelaide & Port Adelaide games. This ticket is only sold once. If you bought this ticket as a Port fan, why would you show up on the weekend?

Will the Power sell out a game at AO again this year??

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

PDog wrote:see how many you get this week... any banners to cover seats in the works? all the band wagon jumpers have to sit somewhere!

funny how port could barely get anyone to a game a few years back, but we are the disgrace for having 47000 at a match. short memory pal...
I am not a Port fan - far from it. I just laugh at the fair weather Crows fans who use every excuse not to go and yet continue to claim that they will have 'sell out' crowds at the 'Crowval' - what a joke! Where I come from if you have a ticket to the game you are committed and you go because you would kill to go and see your team. Crows 'fans' are just not anywhere near the level of support that is required by a team on its knees.

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Bacon888 wrote:There's a certain ticket you can buy that gets to access to both Adelaide & Port Adelaide games. This ticket is only sold once. If you bought this ticket as a Port fan, why would you show up on the weekend?
REAL fans find a way to get to the games.

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Old Redback wrote:
Bacon888 wrote:There's a certain ticket you can buy that gets to access to both Adelaide & Port Adelaide games. This ticket is only sold once. If you bought this ticket as a Port fan, why would you show up on the weekend?
When you learn to read, get back to me.

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Bacon888 wrote:
Old Redback wrote:
When you learn to read, get back to me.
So you're telling me that as a Crows fan you wouldn't hunt down a Port fan that wasn't going if you couldn't get a ticket?
I rest my case - you look like the grenache now mate for failing to make a big enough effort to get to the game.

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Old Redback wrote: So you're telling me that as a Crows fan you wouldn't hunt down a Port fan that wasn't going if you couldn't get a ticket?
I rest my case - you look like the grenache now mate for failing to make a big enough effort to get to the game.
I didn't go to the game, because I play on Saturday. I gave my ticket to a mate so it was used.

So, Pete Smith of Alberton, who owns an AO membership, is just going to randomly hand over his membership card to Brian Taylor of Norwood, for one match. Of course, there's not even a way of them finding out about each other - but nah, it's just that he's a terrible fan.

Carlton has 45K members. Essendon has 55K members. Only 62K turned up at the G last night.

Nah, it's just these soft Crows fans.

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

Well in ORB, your debating skills are second to none... clown shoe.

Get back in your box numpty.

Fact Hunt
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Fact Hunt »

I can see what Redback is saying. Surely the rest of you can? If you want to go to the game you find a way. Tickets for footy in Australia are just not seemingly worth as much, nor would it appear to be followed with the same fervent passion (in numbers) as maybe what he is used to?
No need for everyone to get uppity defending the crows now, not turning up at their games is hardly a new concept.

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Fact Hunt wrote:I can see what Redback is saying. Surely the rest of you can? If you want to go to the game you find a way. Tickets for footy in Australia are just not seemingly worth as much, nor would it appear to be followed with the same fervent passion (in numbers) as maybe what he is used to?
No need for everyone to get uppity defending the crows now, not turning up at their games is hardly a new concept.
This is partially about those without tickets, and partially about those that do.

If you have a ticket, and don't go to the game, you are under no obligation to give that ticket to someone else. What if, 10 minutes before you are due to leave, your dog dies? Individual circumstances dictate your availability. How does that help someone without a ticket be able to attend?

Not showing up is not a new concept, nor is it limited to one AFL club (or any sporting league for that matter).

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

a 45k crowd is hardly an embarrassment.

i recall port struggling to get 20k to a match not so long ago, pre-bandwagon days. i'm sure they had more than 20k members and fans overall, but hey, that's cool.

i guess the port fans have their priorities though - beer, smokes and a new LCD tv for their housing trust residence.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

^^^^^^youre being to harsh on them Pdog.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

MegaBonus wrote:^^^^^^youre being to harsh on them Pdog.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

haha my bad! hanging out with all their mates...

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

38 points

55 points

63 points

round 4 ???

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

While I am not making excuses, crows vs sydney is a higher profile game than port vs brisbane. I'll be surprised if we get 45k. However, port are based on one area in adelaide. Crows are apparently the team for south Australians. Crows should be having a larger crowd weekly and many more members. I can see why they wouldn't turn up though. I would waste my day going to watch them play 45 minutes of football a game especially when I can view it on tv.

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

totsreds08 wrote:While I am not making excuses, crows vs sydney is a higher profile game than port vs brisbane. I'll be surprised if we get 45k. However, port are based on one area in adelaide. Crows are apparently the team for south Australians. Crows should be having a larger crowd weekly and many more members. I can see why they wouldn't turn up though. I would waste my day going to watch them play 45 minutes of football a game especially when I can view it on tv.
no excuses yet you make one in your first sentence. go play at alberton then if you are based from one area. you MIGHT fill that ground.

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

PDog wrote:
totsreds08 wrote:While I am not making excuses, crows vs sydney is a higher profile game than port vs brisbane. I'll be surprised if we get 45k. However, port are based on one area in adelaide. Crows are apparently the team for south Australians. Crows should be having a larger crowd weekly and many more members. I can see why they wouldn't turn up though. I would waste my day going to watch them play 45 minutes of football a game especially when I can view it on tv.
no excuses yet you make one in your first sentence. go play at alberton then if you are based from one area. you MIGHT fill that ground.
If only your team was as feisty as you are, then maybe they wouldn't be the spineless easy beats that they are.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan