Demetriou

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Demetriou

Post by Bomber »

Two years too late. To think there are so many kissing his muscat now that he's quitting. Adios, good riddance and thanks for very little.
Ignore this signature

fowlerisgod
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Demetriou

Post by fowlerisgod »

Bomber wrote:Two years too late. To think there are so many kissing his muscat now that he's quitting. Adios, good riddance and thanks for very little.
You should be thankful for one thing....the tip off. :wink:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Best part - GWS! Those "soccer people" from the area wont know what him them! :lol:
Ignore this signature

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

No doubt that from a business point of view he has done great things for the AFL and made it the powerhouse sport in Australia but his last couple years his ethics and ways of doing things can certainly be questioned, especially the whole Essendon saga.

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Red-4-Life wrote:No doubt that from a business point of view he has done great things for the AFL and made it the powerhouse sport in Australia but his last couple years his ethics and ways of doing things can certainly be questioned, especially the whole Essendon saga.
Yeah you can't question how he has driven their commercial success, however agreed the Essendon saga stank and should have been handled in a more transparent manner given the cheating that was involved.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

just curious does Essendon actually take any responsibility what they actually did...seems like it is the afls fault and the herald suns fault now....wish every time I did something illegal I could just blame the afl and herald sun.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Bomber wrote:Two years too late. To think there are so many kissing his muscat now that he's quitting. Adios, good riddance and thanks for very little.
He would of left earlier had he not had to clean up the Essendon* mess. I think he has done well, despite making some mistakes... at least he never injected anyone.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

LFTWNG11 wrote:
He would of left earlier had he not had to clean up the Essendon* mess. I think he has done well, despite making some mistakes... at least he never injected anyone.
Have you ever had an injection? If so, and assuming for medical reasons, can you supply the doctor's name so we can all berate him publicly please? :wink:
Ignore this signature

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Bomber wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:
Have you ever had an injection? If so, and assuming for medical reasons, can you supply the doctor's name so we can all berate him publicly please? :wink:
I thought a doctor would be someone who would be qualified to organise and/or administer injections?? People like say, CEO's, AFL coaches and rogue sports scientists on the other hand are probably not qualified... :wink:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Better tell all the diabetics and junkies out there too. :wink:
Ignore this signature

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Bomber wrote:Better tell all the diabetics and junkies out there too. :wink:
So are you implying that Essendon are so poorly run as a club that they can't appoint suitably qualified and responsible people?
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Black_Panther wrote:
So are you implying that Essendon are so poorly run as a club that they can't appoint suitably qualified and responsible people?
How do you come to such an implication?
Ignore this signature

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Diabetics and junkies are educated to inject themselves from doctors/nurses, thanks for backing up my point :D

Good to see we agree that CEO's, AFL coaches and sports scientists shouldn't be organising and/or administering injections.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

LFTWNG11 wrote:
Diabetics and junkies are educated to inject themselves from doctors/nurses, thanks for backing up my point :D

Good to see we agree that CEO's, AFL coaches and sports scientists shouldn't be organising and/or administering injections.
I'm not so sure the average junkie woud have been educated of self-injection by doctors/nurses. And one would think that qualified sports scientists would be more than able to handle such implements safely. :wink:
Ignore this signature

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Bomber wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:

I'm not so sure the average junkie woud have been educated of self-injection by doctors/nurses. And one would think that qualified sports scientists would be more than able to handle such implements safely. :wink:
The average junkie probably has to go to the chemist to get their methadone... such places provide junkies with education on how to safely inject, they even provide free needles.

Sports scientists are not medical practitioners... they analyse body mechanics to determine how to best push the body to its physical limits without suffering injury. Being an Essendon* fan I can understand how you might be confused :wink:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bottom line, you find a vein, press syringe slightly and release small amount of contents so no air bubbles and prick it in and administer. Let me know if there are any bits I missed. :wink:
Ignore this signature

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Another of his legacies is creating an overblown 18 team competition, by creating two new sides and pump 100's of millions to keep them afloat.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Bomber wrote:Bottom line, you find a vein, press syringe slightly and release small amount of contents so no air bubbles and prick it in and administer. Let me know if there are any bits I missed. :wink:
Thanks for the how-to-guide. Now I can get my daily dose of peptides!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

LFTWNG11 wrote:
Bomber wrote:Bottom line, you find a vein, press syringe slightly and release small amount of contents so no air bubbles and prick it in and administer. Let me know if there are any bits I missed. :wink:
Thanks for the how-to-guide. Now I can get my daily dose of peptides!
Let me know when you're done, so I can let the rest of the world know (regardless if legal, non-performance enhancing etc). I'm sure you wont mind. :wink:
Ignore this signature

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Bomber wrote:
Let me know when you're done, so I can let the rest of the world know (regardless if legal, non-performance enhancing etc). I'm sure you wont mind. :wink:
Legal, non performance-enhancing peptides, whats the point then?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

:shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: