IS PORT POWER becomng the bigger club!

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Re: IS PORT POWER becomng the bigger club!

Post by Black_Panther »

MegaBonus wrote:Ahhhhh my toothless simpleton friends.....I wasn't referring to the result....
How did you go with your knitting last night nana?
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

I see there is more whining on news.com this time about Ports side in the SANFL.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

crows would want to make finals, as i think port can go well into the finals race, wouldnt like to see membersip figures for next pre season...based on that happening

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Membership tallies now stand at

Port 53,142
Crows 53,605

Port's seems to be growing at a much faster rate. If they beat Hawks on Saturday I'd expect them to overtake

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

they wont stop until they are top top top

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

but they'll stop when they're at the top?

good attitude to have eh

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

yeah, one flaw in our club song!

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Great new crows membership package.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

totsreds08 wrote:Great new crows membership package.
:lol: how pathetic are they. Was a pathetic way for them to boost their membership numbers because they know Port are right up their ass off the field. AFL membership audit will have the numbers much closer. All they have done is offer their $50 non ticketed membership and thrown in a free ticket with it.

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

Red-4-Life wrote:
totsreds08 wrote:Great new crows membership package.
:lol: how pathetic are they. Was a pathetic way for them to boost their membership numbers because they know Port are right up their ass off the field. AFL membership audit will have the numbers much closer. All they have done is offer their $50 non ticketed membership and thrown in a free ticket with it.
so what? competition is good for the consumer

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Red-4-Life wrote:Membership tallies now stand at

Port 53,142
Crows 53,605

Port's seems to be growing at a much faster rate. If they beat Hawks on Saturday I'd expect them to overtake

Looks like most of them showed up too. Amazing what winning does to numbers with some clubs.
Ignore this signature

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

credit where its due...things falling into place.....

question though....considering the difference between current ave crowd figures and the 'golden' Primus years, does the Power have the largest % of bandwagon supporters...
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

the crows are the made up enterprise, everyone is a bandwagon supporter if you follow them, born in what 1990.....1870 anyone ???

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Record AFL crowd in SA, best ever start to a season by a long shot....going well so far. Keep focused on the task at hand next week now.

I laugh at those telling us to beat a real team a month ago.....Geelong, Freo and Hawks all been beaten since then

Mossack Fonseca
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Mossack Fonseca »

No Collingwood then?

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

show me where Port Power existed in 1870

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

PDog wrote:show me where Port Power existed in 1870
Port Adelaide existed in 1870. Just because we aren't called the magpies in the national comp, doesn't mean the power aren't based on the magpies.

As for mega, you really shouldn't worry about our crowds apart from the fact we have had 52k at our last game. Calling port fans bandwagoners is just something cow fans try to do so they can deflect from how crap your team really is.

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Frank Costanza »

For all of those Power supporters claiming history from 1870, have you all been supporting the Port Adelaide Magpies your entire lives then?? If so, how many SANFL games have you been to the past 20 years?

I, like a lot of other Crows supporters I know, support different SANFL teams (go you roosters!) but we all started supporting the Crows as to us, it represented a team from SA in a national competition.

I'll be the first to put my hand up and say that on-field, Port is far superior to us at the moment and the one area where it is showing more than anything else is CONSISTENCY! I will support my team through thick and thin and will continue to be a member and attend games, but I have every right to be angry at my players when the lack of consistency and effort on a week-to-week basis is mind-boggling.
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Frank Costanza »

A couple of other points:

I'm glad there was 52k people on saturday night as being South Australian above anything else, it is great to show the Vics that football in this state is growing and getting better and fans here are passionate!

For the port fans not enjoying being associated with the bandwagoner tag, you have to admit that going from 20k to 50k crowds in only 2 seasons does raise a few eyebrows. That being said, it's a good thing but for your club's sake i hope it continues even when things aren't going as well as they are now.

Also why is there a port supporter called adelaidebloke posting here?
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

totsreds08

As for mega, you really shouldn't worry about our crowds apart from the fact we have had 52k at our last game. Calling port fans bandwagoners is just something cow fans try to do so they can deflect from how crap your team really is.

you do know, you make this easy for us.....

what was the ave crowd during the primus years???......low 20K's....considering there were games when it dropped below 20K

granted, there might be some new members and many neutrals being at Adl Oval....but its clear that many 'supporters' like to follow a successful team. This just discredits the propaganda that Port Adelaide supporters are the most loyal in Australia.....

enjoy your time at the top...its deserved but stop talking crap....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

Frank Costanza wrote:A couple of other points:

I'm glad there was 52k people on saturday night as being South Australian above anything else, it is great to show the Vics that football in this state is growing and getting better and fans here are passionate!

For the port fans not enjoying being associated with the bandwagoner tag, you have to admit that going from 20k to 50k crowds in only 2 seasons does raise a few eyebrows. That being said, it's a good thing but for your club's sake i hope it continues even when things aren't going as well as they are now.

Also why is there a port supporter called adelaidebloke posting here?
Well said on all accounts Frank.

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

The 'bandwagoner' phase doesn't bother me at all. Every team has them and it is a common thing in SA. You can't say crows, adelaide united, 36ers and any other SA based team doesn't have crowds that vary depending on form. When Kochie took over port, he took the club in a forward direction. The club now has built a really strong relationship with its fans and the club is on the up.
SA has port fans and people who don't like the magpies. People that want to support an afl team and aren't port magpies fans won't jump on port thus making a great market for crows to have more followers.
As for me personally, when I was a younger kid, I used to attend magpies matches. Most of their games are on Saturdays which does clash with my soccer schedule so unfortunately I can't attend all games but I do certainly go when I can. I think that's irrelevant anyways. Port magpies/power are one club.

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Frank Costanza »

totsreds08 wrote: As for me personally, when I was a younger kid, I used to attend magpies matches. Most of their games are on Saturdays which does clash with my soccer schedule so unfortunately I can't attend all games but I do certainly go when I can. I think that's irrelevant anyways. Port magpies/power are one club.
I am sure you're not the only Power supporter to have attended Port Magpies games over the years, but i know personally of many who have never been to one, and some of them who actually support different teams in the SANFL, yet still talk about 1870 and the 36 premierships won in the SANFL. They're the type of supporters that annoy the hell out of me.

One thing i have noticed, and it's something that the marketing people at Port should be commended for, is for some reason they have greater appeal to the 18-40 year old age bracket compared to the Crows. This is very noticeable with the differences in crowds as (admittedly) my member seats are amongst quite a few old people yet my mates who are Port members all say they sit amongst mostly younger people.
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

so there history doesnt exist because not everyone has supported them since 1870 :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Crows are bloody rubbish.....pretty sure Adelaide is in the name Port Adelaide.

love Adelaide bloke xx

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Frank Costanza »

adelaidebloke wrote:so there history doesnt exist because not everyone has supported them since 1870 :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Crows are bloody rubbish.....pretty sure Adelaide is in the name Port Adelaide.

love Adelaide bloke xx
I'm pretty sure what I said was that if you are claiming the history from 1870, then you must have been a supporter of the club your entire life and followed the magpies in the SANFL pre-1997.

I know many that follow the Power yet don't follow the Magpies in the SANFL, but still want to claim the history from 1870 for the AFL team.
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

ʃₐᵇf(x)dx=F(b)-F(a)
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ʃₐᵇf(x)dx=F(b)-F(a) »

adelaidebellend wrote:so there history doesnt exist because not everyone has supported them since 1870 :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Do you expect anyone who has supported them since 1870 to be alive today?

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

read the article by ruci on adelaide now,rows fans will love it lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

this is from the same feral waaaanker who pleaded for all Crows/Power supporters to put aside their childish squabbles and ensure that Showdowns are sell outs. The same unbiased journo that accused Crows supporters of being immature....

did he pose the same question to the Power fans when the Crows were within a kick of a GF in the same year that the Power were getting sub 20K crowds, begging both the AF and SANFL for money, had high profile coaches turn down the Power coaching job and have a player agent suggest that he would never advise his clients to move to Alberton. The same year when its Board was in disunity and many real hardcore supporters of the magpies swore off the Power accusing them of stealing their identity.

why not an article about the way the Power crowd treated Burgoyne, or where have the other 30K spectators been.

he and some of you are starting to sound like the Port supporters in the SANFL prior to 1997....at least then you were a big fish in a small pond that experienced great success...

5 minutes of sunshine and we should all be jealous.....

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

MegaBonus wrote:this is from the same feral waaaanker who pleaded for all Crows/Power supporters to put aside their childish squabbles and ensure that Showdowns are sell outs. The same unbiased journo that accused Crows supporters of being immature....

did he pose the same question to the Power fans when the Crows were within a kick of a GF in the same year that the Power were getting sub 20K crowds, begging both the AF and SANFL for money, had high profile coaches turn down the Power coaching job and have a player agent suggest that he would never advise his clients to move to Alberton. The same year when its Board was in disunity and many real hardcore supporters of the magpies swore off the Power accusing them of stealing their identity.

why not an article about the way the Power crowd treated Burgoyne, or where have the other 30K spectators been.

he and some of you are starting to sound like the Port supporters in the SANFL prior to 1997....at least then you were a big fish in a small pond that experienced great success...

5 minutes of sunshine and we should all be jealous.....
While I agree entirely with this sentiment, trying to talk sense in someone as senseless as adelaidebloke probably isn't going to achieve anything MegaBoner. He will be back in his hole once Port drop off towards the finals.