IS PORT POWER becomng the bigger club!

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Re: IS PORT POWER becomng the bigger club!

Post by Black_Panther »

Bacon888 wrote:1870 is the number of fans you had a few seasons ago.
& more than likely the number of people admitting to being Crows fans yesterday.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

We have a "crows" interview room and a "power" interview room at work (amongst a few others). The crows room is now referred to as the losers room and even impartial clients seem reluctant to enter them!
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bomber wrote:We have a "crows" interview room and a "power" interview room at work (amongst a few others). The crows room is now referred to as the losers room and even impartial clients seem reluctant to enter them!

I have been in the cowards room at your work. Also your (ex?) receptionist seems to enjoy checking out my LinkedIn Profile.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Never understood why so many people from Elizabeth etc grew up to support Glenelg, Port Adelaide...I guess that originated in the 60-70s when Port and Glenelg were so dominant in the SANFL....guess it was just early bandwagoning, hardly going to support bottom dwellers Centrals bck then.
I've never really supported anyone in SANFL-AFL but had a soft spot for Centrals because I grew up in Elizabeth...as an aside to that I learnt to dislike Port supporters and the non imntellectual based arrogance I have seen them exhibit. I guess borne of similar reasons I developed a soft spot for the Crows in the AFL because they were the original team representing SA against the similarly arrogant Victorian sides.
Apart from that, I don't really care too much about the other code :D
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

Black_Panther wrote:
& more than likely the number of people admitting to being Crows fans yesterday.

We've sold out two games in a row now (we helped you sell out last weekend).

When was the last time Port did that?

Or will your fans claim they were "on protest"? :lol: :lol:

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

swannsong wrote:Never understood why so many people from Elizabeth etc grew up to support Glenelg, Port Adelaide...I guess that originated in the 60-70s when Port and Glenelg were so dominant in the SANFL....guess it was just early bandwagoning, hardly going to support bottom dwellers Centrals bck then.
I've never really supported anyone in SANFL-AFL but had a soft spot for Centrals because I grew up in Elizabeth...as an aside to that I learnt to dislike Port supporters and the non imntellectual based arrogance I have seen them exhibit. I guess borne of similar reasons I developed a soft spot for the Crows in the AFL because they were the original team representing SA against the similarly arrogant Victorian sides.
Apart from that, I don't really care too much about the other code :D
It's the same in the Eastern suburbs, all these Port supporters in the Eastern suburbs are band wagoners of the highest order. They should be supporting their local area in the local league, which is Norwood. My uncle's are the worst, claim to be have grown up as "Norwood boys" (went to Norwood High School) but support Port Adelaide FC. I always ask them, "why don't you live down Port Adelaide way?" :lol:

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Bacon888 wrote:
Black_Panther wrote:

We've sold out two games in a row now (we helped you sell out last weekend).

When was the last time Port did that?

Or will your fans claim they were "on protest"? :lol: :lol:
I suppose with the demographics of your fans they could say that they forgot the game was on, at their age their memory isn't what it used to be.......
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

feeling top top top

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

LFTWNG11

It's the same in the Eastern suburbs, all these Port supporters in the Eastern suburbs are band wagoners of the highest order. They should be supporting their local area in the local league, which is Norwood. My uncle's are the worst, claim to be have grown up as "Norwood boys" (went to Norwood High School) but support Port Adelaide FC. I always ask them, "why don't you live down Port Adelaide way?" :lol:

Eastern suburb Port supporters of the Italian variety simply follow the colours...Juventus and Port Adelaide

By the way Lefty....do you remember the Norwood and Power supporter......figure that one out
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

only 1400 members behind the crows.....

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

I think the real test will be next year when the Novelty factor of Adelaide Oval may have died down a bit.

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

if power keep this winning up and the crows dont ake the 8 again.

next year....look out :)

paokara
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by paokara »

If you honestly think our club was founded 17 years ago you either have some form of retardation or you're just completely ignorant. Have you forgotten how your club even came into being? If it wasn't for PAFC The Adelaide Crows wouldn't exist, you were born in a courtroom, so please spare us your dimwitted opinion of South Australian football history.

The Adelaide Crows have had an embaraasing last couple years with the Kurt Tippet saga, still keeping Trigg, your failed attempts at marketing (State guernsey, flag on Port road), and your average performances on field haven't helped either. No one can remember the last time your club got anything right. In contrast Port's uprising has been the total opposite and it's all mainly due to the clubs new found professionalism with the appointments of Keith Thomas, David Koch and bringing in a coaching staff able to sell their ideas to our list. We got it all right on and off field a year before football was moved to the city which again helped in turn. Now Port can look to overtake Adelaide's membership numbers in the coming years. However I think that this will fluctuate when either side improves or drops off but on average they'll both be equals, 18 months ago we never looked like getting close. Oh, and FYI pet membership's aren't included in membership tally's. So stop being bitter and give us some credit, wasn't long ago some were calling us the new Fitzroy.

Now off you go to the hangar to your chanting lessons.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Paokara

If you honestly think our club was founded 17 years ago you either have some form of retardation or you're just completely ignorant. Have you forgotten how your club even came into being? If it wasn't for PAFC The Adelaide Crows wouldn't exist, you were born in a courtroom, so please spare us your dimwitted opinion of South Australian football history.

you see...right there ^^^^^^^^^^^^^...its arrogant misinformed Power supporters that give your club a bad rep....can you see the irony of accusing Crrow fans of getting their history wrong???

The VFL was in negotiation with the SANFL way before PAFC broke ranks and tried to stab the other clubs in the back.....there was always going to be 2 clubs invited.....it was a matter of timing....the PAFC were used like biatches by the VFL to undermine the SANFL and weaken their bargaining position....eventually, the Crows had to pay $4 million licence fee and had the worst drafting/trading concessions granted to any new club...

so...yeah, thanks to the power :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

BTW: im pretty sure there was a new constitution and and inc corp for the power, thus you too were born in a court/tribunal as well....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

I think port are becoming the better club in the afl. We are loved by interstate journos and feature on afl 360 a lot. It is sort of a Cinderella like story and the port plays their footy with such a young list is turning heads. Crows have had a horrid few years with a lot of controversy surrounding the club and port has nailed just about every move it's done from signing players, to gaining sponsors, and interacting with the community. Port should definitely win a premiership in the coming years while I think crows need a complete makeover. Crows list isn't bad at all but there are some spuds around. Sando will need to be questioned if he fails to make finals but I do think Trigg should stay. He's doing a great job. By the way, port are also better on sanfl level too.
So yes port>>>crows is basically what my paragraph says.
I love going through my Facebook feed after port win and seeing crows fans who can't hack being second in this state. Makes me laugh :D

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Does becoming the bigger club mean you can pay back the AFL and SANFL all the millions you have begged for just to survive???

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

MegaBonus wrote:Does becoming the bigger club mean you can pay back the AFL and SANFL all the millions you have begged for just to survive???
We don't need too. They should be grateful that we are making SA look like a half decent football state.

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

totsreds08 wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:Does becoming the bigger club mean you can pay back the AFL and SANFL all the millions you have begged for just to survive???
We don't need too. They should be grateful that we are making SA look like a half decent football state.
Just like you should be grateful when we were doing the same thing just 2 years ago.

I can't fault what Port have done off-field, but that doesn't mean that they can act all high & mighty.

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Every team has their time at the top and crows supporters didn't hold back any gloating. It's our turn now :D

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

totsreds08 wrote:I think port are becoming the better club in the afl. We are loved by interstate journos and feature on afl 360 a lot. It is sort of a Cinderella like story and the port plays their footy with such a young list is turning heads. Crows have had a horrid few years with a lot of controversy surrounding the club and port has nailed just about every move it's done from signing players, to gaining sponsors, and interacting with the community. Port should definitely win a premiership in the coming years while I think crows need a complete makeover. Crows list isn't bad at all but there are some spuds around. Sando will need to be questioned if he fails to make finals but I do think Trigg should stay. He's doing a great job. By the way, port are also better on sanfl level too.
So yes port>>>crows is basically what my paragraph says.
I love going through my Facebook feed after port win and seeing crows fans who can't hack being second in this state. Makes me laugh :D
+1, well said.

Gotta love how in the paper yesterday it is all a Tex wankfest because he kicked a few goals on Clurey who has played 1 AFL game but the actual result of the game doesn't seem so important to them...what's new! Perhaps all this media hype since 2012 has contributed to the demise of Trigg's Camrys

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

it was said from the start that results in the SANFL weren't the be all and end all.

more about getting players together, week in week out, whether it be AFL or SANFL.

i personally don't give a cabernet if the crows have only won 1 match in the ressies...

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

PDog wrote:it was said from the start that results in the SANFL weren't the be all and end all.

more about getting players together, week in week out, whether it be AFL or SANFL.

i personally don't give a cabernet if the crows have only won 1 match in the ressies...
the results of these matches are showing that the crows don't really have a lot of options in the SANFL though. There's Walker and Rutten who are experienced as well as Otten. Then you have Lyons, Cameron and after that not a whole lot more. I think you should be worried. Whereas Port are 4-1 and have Logan, Newton, O'Shea, Neade, Mitchell, Butcher, Clurey, Renouf, Colquhoun (injured), Heath and Moore running around and playing well. Plus our draftees who haven't had a game yet and to add to that we have Slattery and Krakouer who have AFL experience. Still got a few players to come back as well such as Stevenson, Hitchcock, Shaw...

Results matter

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Red-4-Life

Whereas Port are 4-1 and have Logan, Newton, O'Shea, Neade, Mitchell, Butcher, Clurey, Renouf, Colquhoun (injured), Heath and Moore running around and playing well

can I quote Kosta......"hestika"

before you go on and embarrass yourself, ask...how long have these players been on your list and how many games they have played.....you blokes are just about at full strength..and playing some pretty good footy...

other than the GWS, Adelaide has the greatest number of rising stars....not always an indication of how strong the list is but hey theyre there...

its sad that you don't know your list that well....

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

MegaBonus wrote:
Red-4-Life

Whereas Port are 4-1 and have Logan, Newton, O'Shea, Neade, Mitchell, Butcher, Clurey, Renouf, Colquhoun (injured), Heath and Moore running around and playing well

before you go on and embarrass yourself, ask...how long have these players been on your list and how many games they have played.....you blokes are just about at full strength..and playing some pretty good footy...

other than the GWS, Adelaide has the greatest number of rising stars....not always an indication of how strong the list is but hey theyre there...

I pretty much told you our whole list, think I know it pretty well. In short, Magpies are winning, Power are winning and results go a long way

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

mate...you don't know your list if youre telling me the future of your club is in those players hands.............

which of the following would make way for any of the 'guns' you previously mentioned???

Jack Hombsch, Jarman Impey, Tom Jonas, Chad Wingard, Ollie Wines, Aaron Young, Sam Gray, Benjamin Newton,

Jonas will be dropped this week...im pretty sure about that.

wingard is nowhere near his 2013 form

wines...some teams will be asking how Port was able to get him

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

MegaBonus wrote:mate...you don't know your list if youre telling me the future of your club is in those players hands.............

which of the following would make way for any of the 'guns' you previously mentioned???

Jack Hombsch, Jarman Impey, Tom Jonas, Chad Wingard, Ollie Wines, Aaron Young, Sam Gray, Benjamin Newton,

I will be extremely surprised if Jonas gets dropped. He is a very underrated player! Ports reserves are for depth. They aren't the future of the club. We will recruit ready made stars as will crows. The only players you mentioned that aren't guaranteed to play are Newton, Young and Gray. Wingard is playing ok. He could be better but he is still getting 2-3 goals a game as a small forward.

Tin Soldier
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Tin Soldier »

Red-4-Life wrote:Port only have 4k less members than Adelaide, shows how far PAFC have come. Crows need to re-think their "team for all south aussies" slogan, it is clearly false advertising.
False advertising that's rich coming from a power fan

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

MegaBonus wrote:
Red-4-Life

Let me guess you guys have a plan and that's what matters other than results and performance?

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

^^^^^^^

so you agree with my post then??? :D

we aren't playing well ATM....granted....

is it a
coaching issue???...not sure about this one
coach box issue....losing Bailey (RIP) has hurt the club in football terms
losing Walker Tippett and gunston from our forward line
losing Davis and Bock from our defence
bad run of injuries 2 years running (is condition and rehab an issue).......port have shown that if you can keep close to your best 22 on the park for the majority of the season, you will have a good season...

we are at best a 7-10 team on the ladder....

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

MegaBonus wrote:mate...you don't know your list if youre telling me the future of your club is in those players hands.............

You actually have no idea what you are on about