Adelaide Football Club please take note......

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Adelaide Football Club please take note......

Post by Old Redback »

Quoted from the BBC today.....
German and European champions Bayern Munich have threatened to cancel fans' season tickets if they fail to show up for matches at the Allianz Arena.
I continue to be appalled by the number of empty seats at apparently "sold out" Crows home games - I suppose "supporting" a club means different things in Australia but where I come from getting a ticket to a game and not using it would be very much frowned upon largely as it would not happen.
I appreciate the fact that Australians don't do 'supporting' when their team is not winning and ignore the sport as a whole but it doesn't fill me with great comfort that the massive investment made in a world class staduim such as Adelaide Oval now is will be worth it for footy at least.

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Adelaide Football Club please take note......

Post by ruud »

Old Redback wrote:Quoted from the BBC today.....
German and European champions Bayern Munich have threatened to cancel fans' season tickets if they fail to show up for matches at the Allianz Arena.
I continue to be appalled by the number of empty seats at apparently "sold out" Crows home games - I suppose "supporting" a club means different things in Australia but where I come from getting a ticket to a game and not using it would be very much frowned upon largely as it would not happen.
I appreciate the fact that Australians don't do 'supporting' when their team is not winning and ignore the sport as a whole but it doesn't fill me with great comfort that the massive investment made in a world class staduim such as Adelaide Oval now is will be worth it for footy at least.
make the tickets transferrable at AO, shouldnt be a problem

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

@ Old Redback.....youre a :clown: and I mean that in a nice way....

you do realise that full membership entitled you to all games at Footy Park....thus, there would be many Power supporters not attending Crows games and vice versa.

anyway.....gotta love Nigel Smart.....

when asked....

"did you consult Port?"......"Nope"

"How do you think they will react?"............."don't care"
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

I appreciate your comments MegaBonus but obviously I have a different meaning attached to the phrase 'sell out' - and I appreciate being called a clown - it is alot nicer than the 'C' word I usually get called about which, like Nigel Smart said "I don't care"

Either way it is still weak that if you have a tricket to go then it doesn't get used.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Happens in every sport in every league in australia....the demand here is not the same as it is in the big european football leagues where people are always missing out

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Old Redback

I appreciate your comments MegaBonus but obviously I have a different meaning attached to the phrase 'sell out' - and I appreciate being called a clown - it is alot nicer than the 'C' word I usually get called about which, like Nigel Smart said "I don't care"

I knew you'd take it the right way.... 8) 8)
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Pointless getting all bent out of shape about things said on here!

Besides it's too much fun giving to those that do take it too seriously.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

MegaBonus wrote:@ Old Redback.....youre a :clown: and I mean that in a nice way....

you do realise that full membership entitled you to all games at Footy Park....thus, there would be many Power supporters not attending Crows games and vice versa.

anyway.....gotta love Nigel Smart.....

when asked....

"did you consult Port?"......"Nope"

"How do you think they will react?"............."don't care"

I thought you could buy membership in different categories. You can choose either club or have cat 1 which is ALL games. Too much of sport in this country is about being seen to be there. Look at the cricket, they only turn up if they think oz will win and loads of the members wouldn't even see a ball being bowled.