Adelaide Crows 2014 Season Thread

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Adelaide Crows 2014 Season Thread

Post by Red-4-Life »

MegaBonus wrote:no...its the SANFL who gave approval and then rescinded it....theyre the one who look stupid.....I would imagine theyre going to have to compensate the Crows...
it wasnt the SANFL's idea though....

Petro83
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Petro83 »

Red-4-Life wrote:you can prefer to have your players but the results of both showdowns and final standings from last year speak for themselves. Looks like crows fans are getting ahead of themselves....again
actually port fans are the ones shooting their mouths off yet again! dont forget 2007-2012! you were the new fitzroy! one ok season doesnt make you the best mate, you still have a long way to go! port fans always shoot themselves in the foot. one win and the big cocky arrogant monster comes out. its why i hate port adelaide... not the players just the fans and the whole mentality!
P.S Port power EST 1995, Entered the comp in 1997. end of story

Petro83
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Petro83 »

im glad the guernsey ruling got turned over.. it would have made it worse for the crows... by march 29th the heat would have died down and the crows will have more ammo to use on port how 'they sooked and didnt want us playing in the once off jumper"
the jumper didnt bother me but yeah its for the best in the end that we werent allowed to wear it. just proved what sooky la la port fans are.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Petro83 wrote:
Red-4-Life wrote:you can prefer to have your players but the results of both showdowns and final standings from last year speak for themselves. Looks like crows fans are getting ahead of themselves....again
actually port fans are the ones shooting their mouths off yet again! dont forget 2007-2012! you were the new fitzroy! one ok season doesnt make you the best mate, you still have a long way to go! port fans always shoot themselves in the foot. one win and the big cocky arrogant monster comes out. its why i hate port adelaide... not the players just the fans and the whole mentality!
P.S Port power EST 1995, Entered the comp in 1997. end of story
What exactly did the crows achieve between 2007 and 2012? :roll:

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Petro83 wrote:im glad the guernsey ruling got turned over.. it would have made it worse for the crows... by march 29th the heat would have died down and the crows will have more ammo to use on port how 'they sooked and didnt want us playing in the once off jumper"
the jumper didnt bother me but yeah its for the best in the end that we werent allowed to wear it. just proved what sooky la la port fans are.
You've got to be the easiest person to prove wrong on the forum. Port disapproved of the guernsey so did presidents of Clubs based out of SA. Even roo wasn't fond of it. The only morons who liked the idea were Rowe and Cornsey and let's be real here, those guys are clowns.
As for port fans thinking we are great after 1 win, well you obviously don't pay attention to how the crows work. Half the fans for club for all south Australians only show their moronic faces when they are winning. So by your logic, you'd hate at least 50% of crows fans?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

totsreds08 wrote:
Petro83 wrote:im glad the guernsey ruling got turned over.. it would have made it worse for the crows... by march 29th the heat would have died down and the crows will have more ammo to use on port how 'they sooked and didnt want us playing in the once off jumper"
You've got to be the easiest person to prove wrong on the forum. Port disapproved of the guernsey so did presidents of Clubs based out of SA. Even roo wasn't fond of it. The only morons who liked the idea were Rowe and Cornsey and let's be real here, those guys are clowns.
As for port fans thinking we are great after 1 win, well you obviously don't pay attention to how the crows work. Half the fans for club for all south Australians only show their moronic faces when they are winning. So by your logic, you'd hate at least 50% of crows fans?
I think costa is easier to prove wrong, but hey, thats just me.
Ignore this signature

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

totsreds08

You've got to be the easiest person to prove wrong on the forum. ...... Half the fans for club for all south Australians only show their moronic faces when they are winning.

talking about the easiest person to prove wrong......

question for you.....with a current membership base nearing record levels for the Power (mind you, in this is also the 11 game membership), where were all these supposed fans/members during the Primus years when you were attracting sub 20K crowds???? BTW, I would throw away the canvas used to cover up the empty bays just yet.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Based on the 'facts' below...the crows membership has grown an average of 877 members per year since they formed.
Port Power's membership has only grown at at average of 206 members per year since formation.
Attendance wise, based on last year's memberships and attendances, an average of 73% of the Crows members attended their games..
Whilst an average only 66% of Port Power's members attended their games...

Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Thanks swanny....can all the ferals now STFU.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

"It's all gone quiet over there."
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

swannsong wrote:Based on the 'facts' below...the crows membership has grown an average of 877 members per year since they formed.
Port Power's membership has only grown at at average of 206 members per year since formation.
Attendance wise, based on last year's memberships and attendances, an average of 73% of the Crows members attended their games..
Whilst an average only 66% of Port Power's members attended their games...

Problem with those statistics Swanny is that for a long time Crows Season Tickets were sold out. The waiting list at one stage was 7 years. I had to sleep outside the Festival Theatre to be able to get my tickets. Not many people simply pay for a membership to not attend games.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

I'm going into this year with some quiet confidence. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong last year. Tippetgate was a major distraction, our forward was devastated with injury and Sanderson couldn't quite get his message across as well as he could the year before.

I think 2012 we over achieved as most had written us off, much the same as clubs did with Port in 2013. It will be interesting to see where both clubs finish. I think the Crows will end up 6th with Port 8th.

Looking forward to the Lions V Crows game!!!!!

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

Jay Walking wrote: Looking forward to the Lions V Crows game!!!!!
Me too. Shall be my first trip to the GABBA!