Adelaide Crows 2014 Season Thread

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Petro83
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Adelaide Crows 2014 Season Thread

Post by Petro83 »

Haters and power flogs move along.

Looking at the crows 2014 fixture i can see us winning 13/14 games. With a squad like we have should be making finals. need to stay fit and get some of the luck we missed out on last year. Winning more of those close games will help.

im tipping a finish between 5th and 8th this year.

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Adelaide Crows 2014 Season Thread

Post by Rookie »

hope you are right, need Walker to stay fit and Betts to kick between 40-50 goals and the JPOD to bag about 30, bring back Jenkins and hopefully Sauce returns to the form from 2012, also another year under the younger players between should mean more consistency, add the younger Crouch and all bodes well.

But time will tell

WayneO
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by WayneO »

:lol:
Why so much Hatred in the world?
Make love not war!!

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Betts will kick you goals, but do absolutely nothing else. He was recruited as a stay at home forward, but I bet Sando will try to rotate him through the midfield. Don't be surprised when it fails miserably.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Nathan VB...gone for the year....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

MegaBonus wrote:Nathan VB...gone for the year....
Dangerfield a shoo-in for captaincy now?

Petro83
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Petro83 »

Red-4-Life wrote:
hope so. Losing vb wont hurt us, sure hes a great speaker infront of the tv camera but on the ground he lacks pace, skills and doesnt really set the world on fire. a young kid can do what he does so i think this is a blessing in disguise.
i wonder who they will elevate onto the senior list now that vb is gone for 6 months?

Petro83
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Petro83 »

WayneO wrote::lol:
something funny?
tell you now, the crows have a better list than port and will finish higher on the ladder in 2014.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Petro83 wrote:
Red-4-Life wrote:
hope so. Losing vb wont hurt us, sure hes a great speaker infront of the tv camera but on the ground he lacks pace, skills and doesnt really set the world on fire. a young kid can do what he does so i think this is a blessing in disguise.
i wonder who they will elevate onto the senior list now that vb is gone for 6 months?
We thought the same about Westhoff and O'Shea after 2012, they both proved everyone wrong in 2013. Not sure if VB has it in him anymore but a good preseason and a good relationship with your team mates and coaches can go a long way in helping you become a better player. A good chance for someone else to step in for the crows anyway

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

VB out for the year? I thought only 3 months?

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

ruud wrote:VB out for the year? I thought only 3 months?
Cast for 3 months and another 3 months of rehab and training

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Petro83 wrote:
Red-4-Life wrote:
Doesn't NVB tag though? Who will tag for the crows?
And petro don't be too confident about the crows. I reckon in terms of squads, port and crows are very even. Ports midfield group is something to watch out for though. Don't get too confident because we all know how bad your predictions turned out to be last season.

WayneO
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by WayneO »

Petro83 wrote:
something funny?
tell you now, the crows have a better list than port and will finish higher on the ladder in 2014.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Make love not war!!

Petro83
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Petro83 »

WayneO wrote:
Petro83 wrote:
something funny?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
you have no idea! i will be looking for you in september. id rather sloane, dangerfield, thompson, douglas, crouch over boak, wingard, cornes, wines and Ebert anyday!
throw in a FIT walker, Betts, Talia, Rutten, jacobs over a Schultz, Monfries, carlile, Lobbe and trengove. Crows have a better list anmd stats dont lie.. champion data have the crows ranked much higher than port.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

you can prefer to have your players but the results of both showdowns and final standings from last year speak for themselves. Looks like crows fans are getting ahead of themselves....again

WayneO
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by WayneO »

Red-4-Life wrote:you can prefer to have your players but the results of both showdowns and final standings from last year speak for themselves. Looks like crows fans are getting ahead of themselves....again

The crows supporters need something to look forward to after the news re their captain. But, they can always listen to those twats on 5Aaaafl radio show esp CRowey who is such an absolute chardonnay!!
When they get more injuries and/or results not their way, watch the excuses start flying.

Difference between Crows and Port is that Hinkley can actually coach. Sanderson will get found out again this year!

Neways, mighty hawks to go back to back!!!!
Make love not war!!

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

Red-4-Life wrote:you can prefer to have your players but the results of both showdowns and final standings from last year speak for themselves. Looks like crows fans are getting ahead of themselves....again
One swallow does a summer not make.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

WayneO wrote:

The crows supporters need something to look forward to after the news re their captain. But, they can always listen to those twats on 5Aaaafl radio show esp CRowey who is such an absolute chardonnay!!
When they get more injuries and/or results not their way, watch the excuses start flying.

Difference between Crows and Port is that Hinkley can actually coach. Sanderson will get found out again this year!

Neways, mighty hawks to go back to back!!!!
It's funny how it isn't just Power fans who can see this

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Why is it so hard for you ferals to appreciate that the biggest sporting club in this state would dominate the airwaves, print and TV?

You guys still resent that you are no longer the big fish in the little SANFL pond.

Get over it....we're bigger than you and have been more successful.

Oh yeah...the number 119 says hello.......
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

MegaBonus wrote:Why is it so hard for you ferals to appreciate that the biggest sporting club in this state would dominate the airwaves, print and TV?

You guys still resent that you are no longer the big fish in the little SANFL pond.

Get over it....we're bigger than you and have been more successful.

Oh yeah...the number 119 says hello.......
So much bigger. I agree though. Crows have been so much better than port especially winning all the flags in this millennium... Oh wait you spuds haven't. Overrated club.
And an unbiased opinion here: dangerfield is a freak and sloane is good too but Douglas has had 1 good year in a poor side. Crouch is untested but has potential. Thompson is finished.
Port have boak, ebert, hartlett, wingard and wines. Wines and crouch are very close atm. Port win the rest. Having danger doesn't cancel out the skill port have in their midfield.
A full strength cow forward line is very good. Your talls are better than ours but our smalls cabernet on yours. Port need more talls and they'll be there in a few years.
Backline is 50/50. Both teams have good experienced ruckmen and good halfbacks.
Lobbe will be a top 5 ruckman this season. He's ready for a breakout and is looking fitter than ever.
Jacobs is good too but he doesn't have any help. Jenkins is a spud.
Oh and Hinkley>>>>sando. He should try knock up his wife again so at least he can use that excuse when he fails again.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

rumours going around that van berlo did his achilles in a water skiing accident on the river

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

totsreds08

Oh and Hinkley>>>>sando
do you realise how stupid your posts sounds????

you just explained in detail why the powers squad is better than the Crows yet sando got a weaker team to within a kick of a GF in his first year...yet Hinkley with a better squad and an easier draw didnt get as far...

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

MegaBonus wrote:
totsreds08

Oh and Hinkley>>>>sando

you just explained in detail why the powers squad is better than the Crows yet sando got a weaker team to within a kick of a GF in his first year...yet Hinkley with a better squad and an easier draw didnt get as far...

I didn't say port have a better squad. I said that both teams are pretty even with crows and port being stronger in different areas.

WayneO
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by WayneO »

MegaBonus wrote:
totsreds08

Oh and Hinkley>>>>sando

If the hawks kicked straight, the cows would of got a belting that day!!
U :clown:
Make love not war!!

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

WayneO wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:
totsreds08

Oh and Hinkley>>>>sando

If the hawks kicked straight, the cows would of got a belting that day!!
U :clown:
Imagine the belting Port would've got in 2007 if Geelong had've kicked straight. 19 behinds!!

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

crows message to port and its fans re: announcement today.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WayneO
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by WayneO »

MegaBonus wrote:crows message to port and its fans re: announcement today.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That Lasted long........
Make love not war!!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

MegaBonus wrote:crows message to port and its fans re: announcement today.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was very similar to what the AFL's message was back to the Crows today wasn't it?
Ignore this signature

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

no...its the SANFL who gave approval and then rescinded it....theyre the one who look stupid.....I would imagine theyre going to have to compensate the Crows...

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Bomber wrote:

That was very similar to what the AFL's message was back to the Crows today wasn't it?
I would have called it more a port slap.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan