Australia 1 nill up

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Australia 1 nill up

Post by God is an Englishman »

Oh dear.

Why would a batsmen come out and just abuse the opposition, it doesn't make sense.

Bailey (in my opinion) was clearly not shutting up and then clarke comes in with threats. We don't know when/what he was saying. Maybe he was crossing the line, maybe it was when the bowler was running in. We don't know.

Flower has then suggested clear the air talks and to put it all to bed but the aussie bogan doesn't want to deal with it like a gentleman.

The facts are though that the icc agree with me that clarke was out of line.

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

God is an Englishman wrote:Oh dear.

Why would a batsmen come out and just abuse the opposition, it doesn't make sense.

Bailey (in my opinion) was clearly not shutting up and then clarke comes in with threats. We don't know when/what he was saying. Maybe he was crossing the line, maybe it was when the bowler was running in. We don't know.

Flower has then suggested clear the air talks and to put it all to bed but the aussie bogan doesn't want to deal with it like a gentleman.

Bailey said he is pretty quiet on the field.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

So what you are saying that what Anderson may of said in earlier innings/matches would of been forgotten by the Australians when he was batting....Oh dear back at you with a :oops:

Flower is a disgrace for using a legitimate illness to one of his squad members(which he wants us all to be contrite about)as a soapbox to have a go...The guy has no class as a coach and I would be embarrassed if I was english.
Last edited by Steve#4 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

:lol:

So you agree with something that the ICC have ruled on for once?
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:

So you agree with something that the ICC have ruled on for once?

It wasn't hard for them with vide/ audio evidence was it. This isn't the ACB they couldn't cover it up.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Everyone is so innocent..
Visual Sledging
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

God is an Englishman wrote:
swannsong wrote:
Old Redback wrote:
Not aware that anyone actually grassed or made an official complaint unlike McGrath to the umpire in the Sarwan incident. There is a long way to go but I appreciate that Australia is overjoyed at winning a test match as it has seemed to have been a while.
I guess if you have a go at someone's wife who is undergoing cancer treatment at the time they might react differently to what was said by Clarke...just saying :shock:
He didn't have a go at his wife at all. It was just a brilliant comeback and McGrath couldn't take it and had a sooky fit to the umpire.

So whats Anderson's excuse??
The biggest sook

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Steve#4 wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Have I actually said it was OK for Jimmy to do it. I thought I said earlier I would have preferred him have chinned the mouthy champagne.

Major difference in them though - Jimmy didn't start the words with bailey and Clarke, McGrath did start the words with sarwaan and bit off more than he could chew.
:shock: You really believe that???...Show me the proof of that mind blowing statement.

I think it started a long time before that final session, who started it is a moot point... Truth is Anderson couldn't cop the heat and had a cry. Then Flower uses one of his players illnesses to get up on his soap box and have a crack at the Australian side.... Class act this lot.

Add to that, the ECB wanting confirmation about what is considered a no ball when talking about bouncers
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess the excuses have already started once the POMS lose the ashes

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

God is an Englishman wrote: He didn't have a go at his wife at all. It was just a brilliant comeback and McGrath couldn't take it and had a sooky fit to the umpire.
He, Sarwan, implied that McGrath's wife knew what Brian Lara's cock would taste like after McGrath had asked him what it had tasted like....think McGrath might have reacted differently if his wife wasn't undegoing chemotherapy at the time.
A bit like when one of the West Indian players asked Greg Ritchie why he was so fat....apparently Ritchie replied..."because everytime I go round to see your wife she feeds me !"

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Steve#4 wrote:

So what you are saying that what Anderson may of said in earlier innings/matches would of been forgotten by the Australians when he was batting....Oh dear back at you with a :oops:

Flower is a disgrace for using a legitimate illness to one of his squad members(which he wants us all to be contrite about)as a soapbox to have a go...The guy has no class as a coach and I would be embarrassed if I was english.
Comes with the territory I would think....
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

bubu wrote:
Steve#4 wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Have I actually said it was OK for Jimmy to do it. I thought I said earlier I would have preferred him have chinned the mouthy champagne.

Major difference in them though - Jimmy didn't start the words with bailey and Clarke, McGrath did start the words with sarwaan and bit off more than he could chew.
:shock: You really believe that???...Show me the proof of that mind blowing statement.

I think it started a long time before that final session, who started it is a moot point... Truth is Anderson couldn't cop the heat and had a cry. Then Flower uses one of his players illnesses to get up on his soap box and have a crack at the Australian side.... Class act this lot.

Add to that, the ECB wanting confirmation about what is considered a no ball when talking about bouncers
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess the excuses have already started once the POMS lose the ashes
Seeing as how old you are you probably remember the whingeing over the 33/34 series, that was to do with bowling bouncers as well. All we have done (if that is the case) is ask for clarification on the ruling.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

bubu wrote:So whats Anderson's excuse??
The biggest sook

go and watch the video of it all, the umpires come over because him and bailey are having a set to. Good to see you're all wrong AGAIN though.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

swannsong wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote: He didn't have a go at his wife at all. It was just a brilliant comeback and McGrath couldn't take it and had a sooky fit to the umpire.
He, Sarwan, implied that McGrath's wife knew what Brian Lara's cock would taste like after McGrath had asked him what it had tasted like....think McGrath might have reacted differently if his wife wasn't undegoing chemotherapy at the time.
A bit like when one of the West Indian players asked Greg Ritchie why he was so fat....apparently Ritchie replied..."because everytime I go round to see your wife she feeds me !"

Then McGrath shouldn't have opened the door to a brilliant comeback.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Ok, we've all had our say, some agree some dont, blah blah.

Reality, its 1-0 but its ONLY 1-0 and the poms only need a drawn series to hold the urn.

I would have preferred Perth to be the next test as I reckon we would be HOT favourites there and a 2-0 lead would be hard to overcome.

Another important toss to win in Adelaide. If england win it and make 500+, the pressure is back on us.

Either way, I am actually loving a bit of the argy bargy and I predicted this would be a fiery series.

Test cricket = alive and well !
Ignore this signature

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

i dont know if test cricket is alive and well, however, hawkseys ego is...... :wink:
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote:i dont know if test cricket is alive and well, however, hawkseys ego is...... :wink:

My ego doesn't improve just because I'm right. It's HUGE no matter what. Only KP's even gets close.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

swannsong wrote:

Then McGrath shouldn't have opened the door to a brilliant comeback.
Pretty unimaginative comeback really !

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

swannsong wrote:Pretty unimaginative comeback really !

it threw the whole of McGrath's comments back at him using all of his McGrath momentum.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

swannsong wrote:Pretty unimaginative comeback really !

it threw the whole of McGrath's comments back at him using all of his McGrath momentum.
I guess it comes down to opinion and perception then...

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Steve#4 wrote:So what you are saying that what Anderson may of said in earlier innings/matches would of been forgotten by the Australians when he was batting....Oh dear back at you with a :oops:

by then surely it becomes a new argument.

Don't see what Flower has done wrong here at all. He's suggested clear the air talks, he wants to clear it up, he wants to deal with it like gentleman but the convicts want none of it and just want to look butch and tough in the media.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Steve#4 wrote:So what you are saying that what Anderson may of said in earlier innings/matches would of been forgotten by the Australians when he was batting....Oh dear back at you with a :oops:

by then surely it becomes a new argument.

Don't see what Flower has done wrong here at all. He's suggested clear the air talks, he wants to clear it up, he wants to deal with it like gentleman but the convicts want none of it and just want to look butch and tough in the media.
C'mon, Flower can see the Aussies stuck it up them, now wants to settle things to give some sway back to the old enemy. Maybe the poms just need to wear ear muffs or try some harden the fuck up juice. :P
Ignore this signature

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

I'd be embarrased to be this thick and illiterate.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Old Redback wrote:

Given you can't spell "embarrassed" it stands to reason.
Ignore this signature

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Bomber wrote:
Old Redback wrote:

Muphry's Law .....gets you when you least expect it :)

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

My guess, silence from the ag(e)ing spider for a while............
Ignore this signature

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Black_Panther wrote:
..... I would be embarrassed if I was english.
Comes with the territory I would think....
Ouch that really cuts to the bone.
Time for some righteous indignation

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

End of the day, it doesnt matter.
Whichever team elects to bat first, will be making lots and lots of runs.
This test will be a draw, and may give england the batting practice they need

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bomber wrote:
Old Redback wrote:

A reminder to the old spider. Hopefully 2014 will be a better year for you. :wink:
Ignore this signature

Get In The Car
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Australia 4 nil up

Post by Get In The Car »

If Swannsong had created this thread the title would have changed several times by now.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Re: Australia 4 nil up

Post by swannsong »

Get In The Car wrote:If Swannsong had created this thread the title would have changed several times by now.
Thread initiator's prerogative :)