Australia 1 nill up

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Australia 1 nill up

Post by adelaidebloke »

Great Win by the Australians, played like a team that didn't have a piri-piri breaded tofu with tomato salsa, a quinoa and cranberry breakfast bar, mungbean curry with spinach, and pistachio and ginger biscotti.....unlike what the English had during the last 4 days!

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Re: Australia 1 nill up

Post by ozzie owl »

adelaidebloke wrote:Great Win by the Australians, played like a team that didn't have a piri-piri breaded tofu with tomato salsa, a quinoa and cranberry breakfast bar, mungbean curry with spinach, and pistachio and ginger biscotti.....unlike what the English had during the last 4 days!
England ordered something off the menu.humble pie.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

4-1, we're gonna win 4-1

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

jumping at shadows in Brisbane...wait for Perth......
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

They did look scared didn't they..... Not sure if it was because of Mitch or getting wet before the monthly shower. :lol:

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Steve#4 wrote:They did look scared didn't they..... Not sure if it was because of Mitch or getting wet before the monthly shower. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Monder
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Monder »

:lol:
Like I need a keyboard

getstuckin
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by getstuckin »

Clarke to anderson....get ready for a broken f ucking arm.......

if u cant take it you plank dont give it!!!!

What your response to that giae? :lol: :lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

getstuckin wrote:Clarke to anderson....get ready for a broken f ucking arm.......

my response is simple, Clarke shows he has no class and that he's a coward. If you're going to make a threat it should be something you can back up but with him it's about getting his mates to fight his battles for him

Just like bradman, a coward.

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

God is an Englishman wrote:
getstuckin wrote:Clarke to anderson....get ready for a broken f ucking arm.......

my response is simple, Clarke shows he has no class and that he's a coward. If you're going to make a threat it should be something you can back up but with him it's about getting his mates to fight his battles for him

Just like bradman, a coward.
Clutching at straws, im pretty sure there's been much worse sledging in test cricket, as they say GIAE youre only as good as your last game, in which case you guys are terrible!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

clutching at straws :lol:

Call me old fashioned but I think you should be able to fight your own battles, not have to hide behind your mates. There's nothing like good sledging and that's nothing like good sledging.

And you're right we were cabernet with the bat in the test, but we'll bounce back. I'm very confident in that. If you look at the teams on paper then there's only 1 team in this series. They just need to transfer that from paper to grass.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

It's a team game, of course your mates are going to help you out :? If it was a boxing match you would have a point.

His job is to Bat, field and captain well to which he did admirably.... Did Anderson do his job?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Steve#4 wrote:It's a team game, of course your mates are going to help you out :? If it was a boxing match you would have a point.

His job is to Bat, field and captain well to which he did admirably.... Did Anderson do his job?

Wouldn't say he captained that well, didn't have anything to do. England's batsmen did his job for him. Certainly didn't bat well in the first innings, couldn't handle the pressure?

As I said, call me old fashioned but I like to fight my own battles not give threats of my mates beating people up.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Steve#4 wrote:It's a team game, of course your mates are going to help you out :? If it was a boxing match you would have a point.

Wouldn't say he captained that well, didn't have anything to do. England's batsmen did his job for him. Certainly didn't bat well in the first innings, couldn't handle the pressure?

As I said, call me old fashioned but I like to fight my own battles not give threats of my mates beating people up.
:lol: Guy got a century and didn't bat well, the match is about 2 innings, a century in at least one is pretty good in my books... :?

Please supply the quote where he said his mate would beat him up? I heard him offer some advise on what may happen facing Mitch Johnson.... I also saw a hypocrite spit the dummy because the big bad Australians were teasing him... :lol:

Unmanly may be too harsh a description for Anderson... What about bloody big sook?

No Dark Things
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by No Dark Things »

That sounds about right. Quite possibly Swannsong will make a post today about putting the tv on to watch today's play and it not being shown.

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

Did the Australians take a leak on the GABBA after the game???

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

adelaidebloke wrote:Did the Australians take a leak on the GABBA after the game???

I have no idea. What's that got to do with clarke the coward?

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

God is an Englishman

can someone move this to appropriate wa wa wa thread....

that reasoning is embarressing Hawksey....i expected better....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Steve#4 wrote: :lol: Guy got a century and didn't bat well, the match is about 2 innings, a century in at least one is pretty good in my books... :?

Please supply the quote where he said his mate would beat him up? I heard him offer some advise on what may happen facing Mitch Johnson.... I also saw a hypocrite spit the dummy because the big bad Australians were teasing him... :lol:

Unmanly may be too harsh a description for Anderson... What about bloody big sook?

I didn't say he didn't bat well. I said he didn't bat well in the first innings.

His comment was about breaking his arm. I don't think his little dobbers are capable of doing that so he must have been hoping his mates would do his dirty work for him.

Cowardly act of a man who can't fight his own battles, so hides behind his mates

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

was Churchill a soldier in WWII...did he send other to 'fight' for him????
Last edited by MegaBonus on Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote:
God is an Englishman

can someone move this to appropriate wa wa wa thread....

that reasoning is embarressing Hawksey....i expected better....

I am shocked that anyone is defending him :lol:

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Steve#4 wrote: :lol: Guy got a century and didn't bat well, the match is about 2 innings, a century in at least one is pretty good in my books... :?

I didn't say he didn't bat well. I said he didn't bat well in the first innings.

His comment was about breaking his arm. I don't think his little dobbers are capable of doing that so he must have been hoping his mates would do his dirty work for him.

Cowardly act of a man who can't fight his own battles, so hides behind his mates
Once again, this makes no sense :?
Please supply the quote where he said his mate would beat him up? I heard him offer some advise on what may happen facing Mitch Johnson....

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

paul merson wrote: Clutching at straws

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

does anyone have a giff version of the true aussie hero supporter who mocked pieterson (i think) on the boundary....

i can picture it now....he turns to his son and says....."son, i'd expect you do the same to the touring poms with your son in 20 years"....and thus a tradition begins.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Nice to see all the Australians rediscover their love for cricket after day one where they all went missing.

Yes Clarke chose to put the boot in but for mine didn't seem to have the guts to do it when it mattered - I think it would have showed more character if he'd have done the same to Cook at the start of the second innings rather than giving it to a tailender when the game is nearly done.

It will make it interesting when Anderson gets Clarke in the next test and I bet if Anderson gets him and sends him off in a brusque manner there'll be plenty of Aussie whingeing about it.

All in all England surely can't be that bad for two tests in a row?

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Old Redback wrote:Nice to see all the Australians rediscover their love for cricket after day one where they all went missing.
Yes Clarke chose to put the boot in but for mine didn't seem to have the guts to do it when it mattered - I think it would have showed more character if he'd have done the same to Cook at the start of the second innings rather than giving it to a tailender when the game is nearly done.

It will make it interesting when Anderson gets Clarke in the next test and I bet if Anderson gets him and sends him off in a brusque manner there'll be plenty of Aussie whingeing about it.

Your new around here hey?

Difference between Cook and Anderson is Cook has earnt the Australians respect, Anderson is a loud mouth cry baby that has been found out as a rat when things get a little hot in his direction....

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Steve#4 wrote:
Old Redback wrote:Nice to see all the Australians rediscover their love for cricket after day one where they all went missing.

Your new around here hey?

Difference between Cook and Anderson is Cook has earnt the Australians respect, Anderson is a loud mouth cry baby that has been found out as a rat when things get a little hot in his direction....
How Australian of him.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

I commented on the cricket during and at end of day one (see main topic) so didnt go missing at all. If Anderson gets Clarke and gives him a nice send off, so be it - I would expect nothing less anyway. Seems when the poms are on top its all "banter", when the shoe is on the other foot, it's "abuse".
Ignore this signature

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Not at all Bomber - I like the banter either way but Australians typically seem to go missing rather than stand up and take it but are very good at dishing it out.