"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:40 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: SANFL
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:22 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
Black_Panther wrote:
Question,

Do you support Centrals because they have recent success (a bit like being a Man utd supporter I guess), or because you fit in so well at their home games?



Answer,

I don't support any side. I like to see Centrals doing well though as when I first came here I read a newspaper report calling them the English side.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SANFL
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:31 am 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:56 pm
Posts: 3648
God is an Englishman wrote:
Black_Panther wrote:
Question,

Do you support Centrals because they have recent success (a bit like being a Man utd supporter I guess), or because you fit in so well at their home games?



Answer,

I don't support any side. I like to see Centrals doing well though as when I first came here I read a newspaper report calling them the English side.


Well I suppose Elizabeth is the closest thing to England in Adelaide.....

_________________
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SANFL
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:55 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Black_Panther wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Black_Panther wrote:
Question,

Do you support Centrals because they have recent success (a bit like being a Man utd supporter I guess), or because you fit in so well at their home games?



Answer,

I don't support any side. I like to see Centrals doing well though as when I first came here I read a newspaper report calling them the English side.


Well I suppose Elizabeth is the closest thing to England in Adelaide.....


That might be why the royals keep wanting to visit there. Must feel like home.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SANFL
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:57 am 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:56 pm
Posts: 3648
Bomber wrote:
Black_Panther wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:

Answer,

I don't support any side. I like to see Centrals doing well though as when I first came here I read a newspaper report calling them the English side.


Well I suppose Elizabeth is the closest thing to England in Adelaide.....


That might be why the royals keep wanting to visit there. Must feel like home.


Well the better parts of England anyway...

_________________
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SANFL
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:55 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
Black_Panther wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Black_Panther wrote:
Question,

Do you support Centrals because they have recent success (a bit like being a Man utd supporter I guess), or because you fit in so well at their home games?



Answer,

I don't support any side. I like to see Centrals doing well though as when I first came here I read a newspaper report calling them the English side.


Well I suppose Elizabeth is the closest thing to England in Adelaide.....


You must be talking about Northern England

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SANFL
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:59 am 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:56 pm
Posts: 3648
God is an Englishman wrote:
Black_Panther wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:

Answer,

I don't support any side. I like to see Centrals doing well though as when I first came here I read a newspaper report calling them the English side.


Well I suppose Elizabeth is the closest thing to England in Adelaide.....


You must be talking about Northern England


No I believe I said England. It's plain for most people to see.

_________________
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SANFL
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:04 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
Black_Panther wrote:
No I believe I said England. It's plain for most people to see.


In which case I can only assume you've never been to Southern England then if you're comparing the two. You should get yourself over there, so you become more informed. I can help with some places to visit if you would like.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SANFL
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:17 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
Black_Panther wrote:
No I believe I said England. It's plain for most people to see.


In which case I can only assume you've never been to Southern England then if you're comparing the two. You should get yourself over there, so you become more informed. I can help with some places to visit if you would like.


I dont suppose you can give us a short list of all the places (towns/cities/regions) you have visited in Oz?

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SANFL
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:17 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Black_Panther wrote:
No I believe I said England. It's plain for most people to see.


In which case I can only assume you've never been to Southern England then if you're comparing the two. You should get yourself over there, so you become more informed. I can help with some places to visit if you would like.


I dont suppose you can give us a short list of all the places (towns/cities/regions) you have visited in Oz?


Brisbane
wherever australia zoo is
Gold Coast
Brisbane Airport
Roads between those places
Sydney CBD
Sydney Airport
Manley
One of the beaches in the west (not Bondi but one near it - big backpacker area)
Road/Trains/Ferries between those places
Melbourne Airport
Melbourne CBD (does that include the MCG, Docklands and Chinatown)
Adelaide and a far bit of it's surrounding areas.
Anywhere that's on the drive between Melbourne and Adelaide on both Great Ocean Road and more direct route.
Adelaide and most of its' surrounding areas

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SANFL
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:49 pm 
Offline
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 66
Location: Richmond Oval
MegaBonus wrote:
Hey mr bloods......Thought I'd pop in and say "hi".....


Hi !

_________________
Who plays Zoë in the Toyota means business commercials?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SANFL
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:54 pm 
Offline
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 66
Location: Richmond Oval
MegaBonus wrote:
try beating the Legs....


It can be done :P

_________________
Who plays Zoë in the Toyota means business commercials?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SANFL
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:02 pm 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:43 pm
Posts: 6732
^^^^^^^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

How many years have you been waiting to do this?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SANFL
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:27 am 
Offline
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 66
Location: Richmond Oval
Winners are grinners

_________________
Who plays Zoë in the Toyota means business commercials?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SANFL
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:38 pm 
Offline
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 66
Location: Richmond Oval
Put your hand up if you'll be playing next week.

_________________
Who plays Zoë in the Toyota means business commercials?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SANFL
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:48 pm 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:43 pm
Posts: 6732
wow...that stings a bit..... :oops: :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SANFL
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:21 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
The Bloods wrote:
Put your hand up if you'll be playing next week.


I don't play Aussie rules, it's a cabernet game.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SANFL
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:00 pm 
Offline
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 66
Location: Richmond Oval
The Bloods wrote:
Winners are grinners

_________________
Who plays Zoë in the Toyota means business commercials?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SANFL
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:27 pm 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:53 pm
Posts: 288
Bit quiet this week Mr. Bloods?

_________________
John Webster was one of the best there was


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SANFL
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:19 pm 
Offline
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 66
Location: Richmond Oval
God is an Englishman wrote:
The Bloods wrote:
Put your hand up if you'll be playing next week.

I don't play Aussie rules, it's a cabernet game.


It is, but I'll be at Adelaide Oval next weekend.

_________________
Who plays Zoë in the Toyota means business commercials?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SANFL
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:53 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
The Bloods wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
The Bloods wrote:
Put your hand up if you'll be playing next week.

I don't play Aussie rules, it's a cabernet game.


It is, but I'll be at Adelaide Oval next weekend.


I'll be there when there's a decent sport there. Actually not necessarily, it's cabernet for watching football so I'll be there when it has some cricket

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SANFL
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:39 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
The Bloods wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
The Bloods wrote:
Put your hand up if you'll be playing next week.

I don't play Aussie rules, it's a cabernet game.


It is, but I'll be at Adelaide Oval next weekend.


+1

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SANFL
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:46 pm 
Offline
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 66
Location: Richmond Oval
The Bloods wrote:
Winners are grinners

_________________
Who plays Zoë in the Toyota means business commercials?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SANFL
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:17 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
"West Adelaide" winning in 2 sports. Well done

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SANFL
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:17 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
Happens a lot in sport with poorer demographic areas doing well. How many titles do they have in Manchester for example?

That said, Chelsea is certainly not a poor area.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SANFL
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:33 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
Happens a lot in sport with poorer demographic areas doing well. How many titles do they have in Manchester for example?


I said the same when Norwood won 3 on the trot and Centrals so many prior to that.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SANFL
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:27 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:11 pm
Posts: 4764
Great effort by West Adelaide ... $2.5 million in debt.. had to sell there clubrooms to keep reduce debt ... but never folded !!!....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SANFL
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:32 pm 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:55 pm
Posts: 288
Location: Kulpara
:lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SANFL
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:31 pm 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:03 pm
Posts: 288
Location: Wunkar
Mr Bloods is very quiet this week.

_________________
Random roadkill


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SANFL
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:55 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 11708
Location: On a freight train to crazy town
bloodypassit wrote:
Great effort by West Adelaide ... $2.5 million in debt.. had to sell there clubrooms to keep reduce debt ... but never folded !!!....

Was in the clubrooms on Friday - food and service standards have dropped dramatically.

_________________
Time for some righteous indignation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SANFL
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:19 pm 
Offline
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 66
Location: Richmond Oval
So has the football. :(

_________________
Who plays Zoë in the Toyota means business commercials?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group