SANFL

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Re: SANFL

Post by Con M »

Bomber wrote:
Con M wrote:
AAMI Stadium Admission
Adults $30
Concession $18
Children $8
Family $60
Carparking $15
After last week's (29/9) Prelim. Final was only attended by approx. 5,000 people in that 50,000 capacity stadium, maybe the SANFL is wanting to make sure the G.F. doesn't crack 20,000 in what is likely to be a warm day with the temp. in the high 20s...
I was actually considering going to this, being the last game at AAMI etc.
$30 does seem a bit rich, but I suppose its not much difference to an A-League game at Hindmarsh, and at least the bar service will be far superior.
Yeah, pro-rata I bet they employ more 18-year-old wage slave beer pourers than estadio Coopers/Hindmarsh with their annoying unrounded prices where the wage slaves have to fiddle around with change.

But from memory, do they only serve that low-alcohol shit at Windy/Pleurisy Park?

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

Bomber wrote: I was actually considering going to this, being the last game at AAMI etc.
$30 does seem a bit rich, but I suppose its not much difference to an A-League game at Hindmarsh, and at least the bar service will be far superior.
Why is it the last game at AAMI?

Has the SANFL decided not to play any games there next year? The redevelopment won't happen til at least 2015, I reckon.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bacon888 wrote:
Bomber wrote: I was actually considering going to this, being the last game at AAMI etc.

Has the SANFL decided not to play any games there next year? The redevelopment won't happen til at least 2015, I reckon.
I didnt know there were more games to be played there. That said, can they (SANFL) afford to keep/maintain this oval, given all I see during the regular season are games at suburban ovals?
Ignore this signature

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

I guess as the visiting "eastern Suburbs" Norwood is playing, then SANFL can charge so much...

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

yes...thats how we prefer it....it keeps ferals like you out....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

Bomber wrote:
Bacon888 wrote:

I didnt know there were more games to be played there. That said, can they (SANFL) afford to keep/maintain this oval, given all I see during the regular season are games at suburban ovals?
The banner on SANFL for finals says last game, so maybe they are mothballing it. But I assumed the Crows would still be training there in 2014.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

MegaBonus wrote:yes...thats how we prefer it....it keeps ferals like you out....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

the only ferals on that day will be the locals....

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Come on you Redlegs!!!!

Lets hope we get back to back it's only been about 90 years since that last happened!!!

Fatty In A Nappy
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Fatty In A Nappy »

You're the only team to win the flag from fifth place. I hope the Roosters can be the second today.
Otherwise known as Buddha

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

We were the first to do it 84 against Port but they to did it from 5th in the nineties.

Fatty In A Nappy
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

No they didn't. In fact they never finished fifth in the nineties.

http://australianfootball.com/seasons/s ... ANFL/1990/

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Go you Redlegs ..... It's a grand old flag it's a high flying flag ......

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Rookie wrote:Go you Redlegs ..... It's a grand old flag it's a high flying flag ......

my son was watching the end of it and then said - that's got to be the worst song I've ever heard.

So many redlegs fans getting carried away, they should come back when they've been in as many in a row as the Dogs.

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Rookie wrote:Go you Redlegs ..... It's a grand old flag it's a high flying flag ......

my son was watching the end of it and then said - that's got to be the worst song I've ever heard.

So many redlegs fans getting carried away, they should come back when they've been in as many in a row as the Dogs.
Maybe you should come back when the ferals from Elizabeth have won as many premierships as Norwood.

Sing along its a grand old flag it's a high flying flag …...
Back 2 back and loving it :wink:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Rookie wrote:

Maybe you should come back when the ferals from Elizabeth have won as many premierships as Norwood.

When you won all of yours the best side of this millennium didn't even exist. Went to one game at the Parade once as it was in a box with free food and booze. Only coopers beer was on offer though. I even offered to pay for a decent beer.

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Get your hand off it before it drops off. Pop on in to the parade for A party it's going to be a bog night

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Rookie wrote:Get your hand off it before it drops off. Pop on in to the parade for A party it's going to be a bog night

bog night is about right, just hope I can't hear it from my house. Just happy the roosters won the grand final and was going to have an early night.

Get my hand off it for what, the fact norwood's record isn't as good as centrals or that they only serve cabernet beer at their ground.

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

To many Coooooooooooopers beers, :clown: just come one on down and we count how many premiership cups we have won eehhhhh what are you gonna do

WINNERS ARE GRINNERS :) :D :lol: :wink: :arrow:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Rookie wrote:To many Coooooooooooopers beers, :clown: just come one on down and we count how many premiership cups we have won eehhhhh what are you gonna do

WINNERS ARE GRINNERS :) :D :lol: :wink: :arrow:

come on down? where - it must be a great night if you're posting on here instead of enjoying yourself.

I'd only drink coopers if there was nothing else on offer as it tastes so bad. Didn't think I'd find a beer that made west end draught taste good.

Fatty In A Nappy
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

God is an Englishman wrote:So many redlegs fans getting carried away, they should come back when they've been in as many in a row as the Dogs.
The dogs only ever won four on the trot. Both Port and Norwood have done six, Sturt have done five, so if anything it is the dogs who have some catching up to do.

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Another Username wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:So many redlegs fans getting carried away, they should come back when they've been in as many in a row as the Dogs.
The dogs only ever won four on the trot. Both Port and Norwood have done six, Sturt have done five, so if anything it is the dogs who have some catching up to do.

Now lets not let the truth get in the way of Gayee's perception :roll:

carntyne square
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by carntyne square »

A back to back is a great effort. I guess we will never know if Norwood could've achieved the feat without their most recent salary cap breaches but the sanfl felt their punishment to be just and fair so we move on. In the argument between Norwood and central districts, I guess it would only be fair to compare the years since the dogs entered the league. Centrals win hands down then. The fact none of the dog's flags have been tainted with controversy is a little icing on top of the cake.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

I hear it was a very boring GF.......

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Another Username wrote:

have any of them done that this millenium?

What was it? 12 Grand Final's in a row - have any of them done that?

The Bourne Supremacy
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by The Bourne Supremacy »

It's about time the SANFL updated their website and list this year's fixtures.
The Peter Hoare of Footballnews

bob saget
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bob saget »

The Bourne Supremacy wrote:It's about time the SANFL updated their website and list this year's fixtures.
They're up, but the drop down defaults to 2013 when you load the page. Select 2014 and the fixtures will load.

Union Jack
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Union Jack »

Don't you love professionalism in this country?
To be sure, to be sure!
I want to you partake in some shenanigans

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Rookie wrote:

When you won all of yours the best side of this millennium didn't even exist. Went to one game at the Parade once as it was in a box with free food and booze. Only coopers beer was on offer though. I even offered to pay for a decent beer.
Question,

Do you support Centrals because they have recent success (a bit like being a Man utd supporter I guess), or because you fit in so well at their home games?
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

how many premierships were won by centrals after 1991 and how many before???
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Smeg Head
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Smeg Head »

Black_Panther wrote:
Question,

Do you support Centrals because they have recent success (a bit like being a Man utd supporter I guess), or because you fit in so well at their home games?
It's the nearest club to his house :P