Port power

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Port power

Post by Wayne Kerr »

typical afl loving media, done and dusted lets move on.
as much as the afl wants to sweep it under the carpet, the fact remains that all the afl clubs have disgraceful/racial supporters

Can you imagine if it happened at an aleague game or local "soccer" game?

As much as the media has portrayed this incident as racial etc, did anybody stop to think about the poor banana in this incident?
What did the banana do to be treated in that way?

:wink:
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

The Bluehearts wrote:Where was the racism? She threw a banana more than likely because she had a banana handy. Not that I am condoning throwing objects at players, what object would not be considered racist had it been thrown? A boomerang?
While the banana is bad enough, witness statements gathered suggest when confronted, she said "why not? He's a monkey" and had been calling him a black C all night.

There's lots of information out there to garnish the full story if you are really interested.

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

Grosso wrote:racist skips :oops:
racist Grosso.
It's all in the Delivery!

Ippatsu Geinin
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ippatsu Geinin »

Slinky_Pete wrote:
The Bluehearts wrote:Where was the racism? She threw a banana more than likely because she had a banana handy. Not that I am condoning throwing objects at players, what object would not be considered racist had it been thrown? A boomerang?
While the banana is bad enough, witness statements gathered suggest when confronted, she said "why not? He's a monkey" and had been calling him a black C all night.

There's lots of information out there to garnish the full story if you are really interested.
So no mention of race then.

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Ippatsu Geinin wrote:
Slinky_Pete wrote:

So no mention of race then.
'Black' is pretty indicative of race.

Urusei Yatsura
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Urusei Yatsura »

It's just a color.

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Urusei Yatsura wrote:It's just a color.
And racism is just a word.

I like the sound of bigot myself :P
Time for some righteous indignation

Urusei Yatsura
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Urusei Yatsura »

I'm not big on o.t. personally, just do my rostered work and go home.

Grosso
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso »

Slinky_Pete wrote:

Why wasnt she reported earlier then? The ground has a notice to report any racist behavior to security.
Were all the feral bogans around her condoning it?

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Urusei Yatsura wrote:I'm not big on o.t. personally, just do my rostered work and go home.
Got me hooked.
Time for some righteous indignation

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

So, no one has thought about the poor banana.....
:cry:
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!

Stich This
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Stich This »

Grosso wrote:
Slinky_Pete wrote:

Why wasnt she reported earlier then? The ground has a notice to report any racist behavior to security.
Good point.
Also ,Some witnesses are just trying to be heroes .

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Grosso wrote:
Slinky_Pete wrote:

Because when security turns up, she shut her mouth. Can't boot someone without the proof.

Hence why they were recording at the time. (So I've read).

Grosso
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso »

Slinky_Pete wrote: Because when security turns up, she shut her mouth. Can't boot someone without the proof.

Hence why they were recording at the time. (So I've read).
That's rubbish. Security can eject whoever they want, its purely discretionary.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Gold Coast to wear "China" colours. :oops: Well done Kochie, looks like it might be a real away game now. :lol:
Ignore this signature