Australia v Sri Lanka

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Australia v Sri Lanka

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Just a pity that we now have to put up with the riff raff from west lakes coming into the city.
So you've moved from the east to the city now? At least you're heading in the right direction.

If any from West Lakes area come to town, it will merely enhance the place and give Adelaide a better look.

Mind you, we will have to be more vigilant about eastsiders trying to break into our homes and steal our cars when we venture to town, so there are some negatives.
No I haven't moved, but it used to good going to the city knowing the idiots were in west lakes.

Why would we want to steal 20 year old commodore's?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Just a pity that we now have to put up with the riff raff from west lakes coming into the city.
So you've moved from the east to the city now? At least you're heading in the right direction.

If any from West Lakes area come to town, it will merely enhance the place and give Adelaide a better look.

Mind you, we will have to be more vigilant about eastsiders trying to break into our homes and steal our cars when we venture to town, so there are some negatives.
No I haven't moved, but it used to good going to the city knowing the idiots were in west lakes.

Why would we want to steal 20 year old commodore's?
:lol:

If only you saw the looks of the neighbours after you ventured into my street that time in that car. I swear they thought you and your mate were robbing our house!

Anyway, I dont live in West lakes.......I'm on the better side of the lake, different postcode altogether. :wink:
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: :lol:

If only you saw the looks of the neighbours after you ventured into my street that time in that car. I swear they thought you and your mate were robbing our house!

Anyway, I dont live in West lakes.......I'm on the better side of the lake, different postcode altogether. :wink:
It's not all about you you know, I never mentioned you living in west lakes.

Why would we have robbed your house? it was an Englishman and an irishman, not an australian.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Why would we have robbed your house? it was an Englishman and an irishman, not an australian.
Technically, goods payment is still outstanding, so my accountant will need a word soon (and a beer or two). 8)
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:

Technically, goods payment is still outstanding, so my accountant will need a word soon (and a beer or two). 8)
Will have to catch up soon and deliver that payment

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Stitch This wrote:
the main reason for the stadium upgrade was to get afl into the city hence more spending in the city after and before games
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Modern economics at its very best.
It's ok in theory, spend at the ground then in the city

The main point is the stadium is used 12 months of the year now

Most of the money will be recouped in memberships and by a big ashes summer
ImageImage

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

DOC wrote:
Stitch This wrote:
the main reason for the stadium upgrade was to get afl into the city hence more spending in the city after and before games
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Modern economics at its very best.
It's ok in theory, spend at the ground then in the city

The main point is the stadium is used 12 months of the year now

Most of the money will be recouped in memberships and by a big ashes summer
No. You said (noting that the first time I quoted I deliberately removed you username)
DOC wrote:the main reason for the stadium upgrade was to get afl into the city hence more spending in the city after and before games
In reality how many people will be going to the game and then think "Oh I must walk the kilometre into the city and back and go shopping/ have an overpriced beer/ have an overpriced meal"? They will come in their cars, park, watch the game, get in their cars, go home. End of.

But now.....it's changed
DOC wrote:The main point is the stadium is used 12 months of the year now
Meh and the taxpayers will be $500m worse off.
Time for some righteous indignation

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Don't blame me, I voted against it

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

I elaborated on my first point, so sue me haha

And yes the taxpayer has to pay for a feud between saca and sanfl
ImageImage

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:Don't blame me, I voted against it
I did too of sorts. I voted Liberal.
Ignore this signature

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Con M wrote:Does that mean the stadium will only be filled when God-was-an-Englishman's Poms are here for an Ashes series, an ODI versus the ol' dart or one of those 20twenty things?

When did God cease to be English then?
Uh? Mr Millwall, I was only havin' a gentle dig at your signature. If God exists he/she would be for all humans on the planet. After all, we all bleed red if we're cut - apart from a few hereditary blue-blood royals.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Con M wrote:
Con M wrote:Does that mean the stadium will only be filled when God-was-an-Englishman's Poms are here for an Ashes series, an ODI versus the ol' dart or one of those 20twenty things?

When did God cease to be English then?
Uh? Mr Millwall, I was only havin' a gentle dig at your signature. If God exists he/she would be for all humans on the planet. After all, we all bleed red if we're cut - apart from a few hereditary blue-blood royals.

but you said he WAS an Englishman. I've met God and he even has the England badge as a tattoo.

Mad_Max
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mad_Max »

Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Don't blame me, I voted against it
I did too of sorts. I voted Liberal.
Ian Maclachlan wrote:hi
Now, if you're lucky, you could hack through your ankle in five minutes.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

GIAE: "but you said he WAS an Englishman. I've met God and he even has the England badge as a tattoo"

Ha ha! I meant "was" as in past tense. I should have said "God-used-to-be-an-Englishman", as in some of my previous posts.

Nowadays if this deity exists he/she is for all humans.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Con M wrote:Uh? Mr Millwall, I was only havin' a gentle dig at your signature. If God exists he/she would be for all humans on the planet. After all, we all bleed red if we're cut - apart from a few hereditary blue-blood royals.

GIAE: "but you said he WAS an Englishman. I've met God and he even has the England badge as a tattoo"

Ha ha! I meant "was" as in past tense. I should have said "God-used-to-be-an-Englishman", as in some of my previous posts.

So if he WAS English or USED TO BE English. When did this cease? When did he stop being English?

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Con M wrote:Uh? Mr Millwall, I was only havin' a gentle dig at your signature. If God exists he/she would be for all humans on the planet. After all, we all bleed red if we're cut - apart from a few hereditary blue-blood royals.

So if he WAS English or USED TO BE English. When did this cease? When did he stop being English?
Cor blimey - these English language semantics! :lol: Can't quite put my finger on a date - I think it may have been after the chameleon-like God-figure changed from being Judean to Ancient Greek to Roman to maybe English or Mayan...

Anyhow ps, for transparency's sake - any chance of changing your sig. from GIAE to Millwall Lion Pom? (I use the term Pom as a term of endearment).

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Con M wrote:Cor blimey - these English language semantics! :lol: Can't quite put my finger on a date - I think it may have been after the chameleon-like God-figure changed from being Judean to Ancient Greek to Roman to maybe English or Mayan...

Anyhow ps, for transparency's sake - any chance of changing your sig. from GIAE to Millwall Lion Pom? (I use the term Pom as a term of endearment).

I hate the phrase POM so I certainly won't be using it.

When it can be proved to me that God isn't an Englishman then I will change it.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Con M wrote:Cor blimey - these English language semantics! :lol: Can't quite put my finger on a date - I think it may have been after the chameleon-like God-figure changed from being Judean to Ancient Greek to Roman to maybe English or Mayan...

I repeat - like I said to the sensitive crew on CoastFM - I definitely use the word "Pom" as a term of endearment...

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Con M wrote:

I repeat - like I said to the sensitive crew on CoastFM - I definitely use the word "Pom" as a term of endearment...

so can I use that excuse for wog and nigger?

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Con M wrote:

GIAE: "so can I use that excuse for wog?"

Con M: If you call me wog in a nice way & tone - yes. Just like the stirring way we called each other Pom, wog, skip in the old days at Marryatville Primary & Norwood High...

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Good rotation policy CA :|

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Red-4-Life wrote:Good rotation policy CA :|

38/8
:lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Con M wrote:Con M: If you call me wog in a nice way & tone - yes. Just like the stirring way we called each other Pom, wog, skip in the old days at Marryatville Primary & Norwood High...

I never went to those schools, sorry that wasn't me!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

9/55 now and looks like last wicket partnership about the best so far. :oops:

At least if it finishes early, we can have AU game on the big TV at pub. :|
Ignore this signature

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Anyhow, back to topic 'bout the one-day disaster in the bane of the north (a.k.a. Brisbane).

Aw my Gawd (pardon the pun, GIAE). Wot a scoreline!

ps, I still reckon we ought to go for randomly multi-coloured seats at the 'new' half-a-$billion dollar Adel.Oval like the 'Gabba so the crowd appears on TV bigger than it is.

Mad_Max
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mad_Max »

Bomber wrote:9/55 now and looks like last wicket partnership about the best so far. :oops:

At least if it finishes early, we can have AU game on the big TV at pub. :|
Starc and Doherty both make double figures and ensure it's not Australia's lowest ever ODI score.
Now, if you're lucky, you could hack through your ankle in five minutes.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

All out 74. Not sure whether to laugh or cry! :cry: :lol:
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:All out 74. Not sure whether to laugh or cry! :cry: :lol:

Guess which one I'm doing.

Nearly half the rund put on by the last pair! They saved you from it being 40 all out

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Rumour has it that there are some Pakistani bookmakers here on holiday............
Ignore this signature

Caretaker Coach
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Caretaker Coach »

Bomber wrote:Rumour has it that there are some Pakistani bookmakers here on holiday............

you do wonder, with the way some of the wickets fell and some of the Aust. fielding was comical. Good way to make sure they have to play all 5 games.
And we all know that gambling in sport has no bearing whatsoever in the final score.