Wallabies smash the "purples"

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Wallabies smash the "purples"

Post by Bomber »

Gee, a poor Wallabies outfit could still knock off the english. How embarrassing! :oops:

We'll take the trophy all the same. 8)
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Wallabies smash the "purples"

Post by God is an Englishman »

I am going to assume you didn't watch the game.

We took it as a training run which was disappointing. When you're playing the convicts then you take the points on offer not practice for chasing a game in the 6 Nations.

Still, I won't lose any sleep over the result in a non competetive match. After all 21 years since you beat us in a competetive game.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:I am going to assume you didn't watch the game.

We took it as a training run which was disappointing. When you're playing the convicts then you take the points on offer not practice for chasing a game in the 6 Nations.

Still, I won't lose any sleep over the result in a non competetive match. After all 21 years since you beat us in a competetive game.
It was a competitive match, or didnt you see the trophy presentation through the post match tears?
PS - your only try was very dodgy
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:

It was a competitive match, or didnt you see the trophy presentation through the post match tears?

video ref disagrees, your only try was from a forward pass!

There's a trophy presentation after the charity shield but it's still a friendly. 4 times England went for the try instead of taking the 3 points. Do you think in a non friendly they would have done that?

EDIT! Make that 5, I forgot about the one in the first half.

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:

video ref disagrees, your only try was from a forward pass!

There's a trophy presentation after the charity shield but it's still a friendly. 4 times England went for the try instead of taking the 3 points. Do you think in a non friendly they would have done that?

EDIT! Make that 5, I forgot about the one in the first half.

Jonny Wilkinson not playing anymore?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

PDog wrote: Jonny Wilkinson not playing anymore?
:lol:

Nuff said!

Thanks for the trophy all the same.
Ignore this signature

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

U LOST!
GET OVER IT

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

DAM wrote:

U LOST!
GET OVER IT
So, because my country lost I am not allowed to express an opinion. I'll remember that one!

Chade
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chade »

God is an Englishman wrote:So, because my country lost I am not allowed to express an opinion. I'll remember that one!
You know there's a difference between "not allowed to express an opinion" - and being told your opinion is rubbish, right?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Chade wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:So, because my country lost I am not allowed to express an opinion. I'll remember that one!
You know there's a difference between "not allowed to express an opinion" - and being told your opinion is rubbish, right?
and which one is "u lost, get over it". It's hardly constructive and offering a different opinion is it?

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

Chade wrote:
and which one is "u lost, get over it". It's hardly constructive and offering a different opinion is it?
No, but it's as good as you will get out of DAM, other than a copy and paste job from AdelaideNow.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

PDog wrote:
No, but it's as good as you will get out of DAM, other than a copy and paste job from AdelaideNow.

By the way, what was with the purple strips hawkesy?
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:
PDog wrote:

From what I've been told, it was a one off with the kits being auctioned for "movember". However another source tells me, they're being worn for a year as the "change" kit.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bomber wrote:
PDog wrote:

From what I've been told, it was a one off with the kits being auctioned for "movember". However another source tells me, they're being worn for a year as the "change" kit.
One would think a change kit would be worn away from home if anything. I thought I heard a commentator saying something about respecting the royals, but wasnt sure if he was taking the piss as if that were true, wouldnt they wear royal blue?
Ignore this signature

Chade
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chade »

Chade wrote:
I definitely didn't say that his opinion is worth anything either! :D

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:One would think a change kit would be worn away from home if anything. I thought I heard a commentator saying something about respecting the royals, but wasnt sure if he was taking the piss as if that were true, wouldnt they wear royal blue?
I agree, unless it's in a world cup then we should always wear white at home!

Purple is the colour or regality!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

A little research tells me that in the 70's England players wore purple blazers which they were given like "caps" when they represented England. The shirt is supposed to be a representation of that blazer.

It will be our "change" shirt. It was worn on saturday as that was the day we launched the new kit. However, we should always wear white where possible.

You should also remember that NZ whinged when we had a black change kit. To me our change kit should be red.

adam
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by adam »

purple suits them better...

the fink
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by the fink »

wallabies are crap at present which doesnt say much about the poms. heaven forbid they would have to play the all blacks it could be a cricket score

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

threesome wrote:wallabies are crap at present which doesnt say much about the poms.

why the racism?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Wallabies win again (despite still being crap), and England lose again. Its fun.
Ignore this signature