St Kilda footballer in ‘fat chicks' slur

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

St Kilda footballer in ‘fat chicks' slur

Post by bapa »

A YOUNG girl claims she was told by a St Kilda football player that the club saved themselves for ''hot chicks'' and that ''there should be a no fat chicks section'' in their contracts.
The girl, who has not been named, said the comments were made last week at Melbourne airport while she was trying to get a photograph for her friend.

She told the Herald Sun she was horrified by the experience.

“Instantly my eyes filled up with tears,” she said.

“Body image and how I look is important, so that comment, coming from someone who is in the public eye, made me feel like a monster.

“Now I think everyone around me is thinking those things.”

St Kilda's head of football Chris Pelchen confirmed the club had acted on the incident.

In a statement he said: ''The St Kilda Football Club can confirm we received a complaint from the mother of a young lady alleging comments were made by the players at Melbourne airport on Friday that upset her daughter.

''The Club has spoken to the playing group, and while there is some conjecture about the comments, the Club is mindful that sensitivities need to be respected.

''The family involved have indicated their appreciation for the professional way the St Kilda Football Club has managed the matter.''

The team made a donation to the Butterfly Foundation and also provided a guernsey to the young girl.

AFL's Women's Round starts this week.

A spokesman from the AFL said they were “very concerned” with any suggestion that a football fan has not been treated with the respect that they deserve.

“We were pleased that St Kilda has acted quickly to resolve this matter.”

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Re: St Kilda footballer in ‘fat chicks' slur

Post by Bomber »

What a load of Barossa Pearl. Seriously, this chick has issues
Ignore this signature

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Bomber wrote:What a load of Barossa Pearl. Seriously, this chick has issues

why is that???

is she lying like that other twat that tried to extort money from another st kilda player, then to shack up with Nixon?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

DAM wrote:

why is that???

is she lying like that other twat that tried to extort money from another st kilda player, then to shack up with Nixon?
C'man - a player says there should be a "no fat chick section" in their contracts and she takes it seriously? If she cant see that as a piss take, then yes, she seriously does have issues! Obviously a fat, stupid, humourless, cry-baby!
Ignore this signature

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Bomber wrote:
DAM wrote:

why is that???

C'man - a player says there should be a "no fat chick section" in their contracts and she takes it seriously? If she cant see that as a piss take, then yes, she seriously does have issues! Obviously a fat, stupid, humourless, cry-baby!

so why would the club take actions that it did????
St Kilda's head of football Chris Pelchen confirmed the club had acted on the incident.

In a statement he said: ''The St Kilda Football Club can confirm we received a complaint from the mother of a young lady alleging comments were made by the players at Melbourne airport on Friday that upset her daughter.

''The Club has spoken to the playing group, and while there is some conjecture about the comments, the Club is mindful that sensitivities need to be respected.

''The family involved have indicated their appreciation for the professional way the St Kilda Football Club has managed the matter.''

The team made a donation to the Butterfly Foundation and also provided a guernsey to the young girl.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Because we live in a litigious, softco.ck world these days and if the club did nothing, all the fat young chicks would continue to bombard the club and the AFL would get all stroppy again.
This girl needs to get real. What's that saying about sticks and stones.....????
Ignore this signature

Quickski
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Quickski »

we need the lynx ad playing more often to clean your balls at the big games...haha i love this tv ad.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Bomber wrote:Because we live in a litigious, softco.ck world these days and if the club did nothing, all the fat young chicks would continue to bombard the club and the AFL would get all stroppy again.
This girl needs to get real. What's that saying about sticks and stones.....????

i really wish, u have a daughter one day.....
I bet, ur tune would change

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

DAM wrote:
Bomber wrote:Because we live in a litigious, softco.ck world these days and if the club did nothing, all the fat young chicks would continue to bombard the club and the AFL would get all stroppy again.

Has absolutely nothing to do with it!

I surely hope if you have a daughter you will at least teach her not to get too upset about every little thing that she may hear people say. Its not like she was a little kid or anything!
Ignore this signature

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Bomber wrote:
DAM wrote:

Has absolutely nothing to do with it!

I surely hope if you have a daughter you will at least teach her not to get too upset about every little thing that she may hear people say. Its not like she was a little kid or anything!

so that gives the right for so called football players to offend someone over a weight issue?? oh and is that the way they treat their fans?????
oh thats ok, they were joking......
:roll:

seriously, the quicker the gayfl players realise that being in the public spotlight means u have to act appropriately, the better!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Soft, much like the current generation.

Best some poeple just stay home. Heaven forbid this young girl ever heard swearing at the umpire (or similar) by patrons at her beloved game. :roll:
Ignore this signature

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Bomber wrote:Soft, much like the current generation.

Best some poeple just stay home. Heaven forbid this young girl ever heard swearing at the umpire (or similar) by patrons at her beloved game. :roll:

swearing at someone u dont know is completely different to meeting ur idol/fav football player......

but ur correct, football is becoming a pussssy sport, soon it will become a male version of netball

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

DAM wrote:

swearing at someone u dont know is completely different to meeting ur idol/fav football player......
agree

cmon bomber you cant seriously condone those actions... regardless if shes taken it badly or not...

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

ruud wrote:
DAM wrote:

agree

cmon bomber you cant seriously condone those actions... regardless if shes taken it badly or not...

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

ruud wrote:
DAM wrote:

agree

Who's condoning anything? If she's too weak to ignore a few words, that's her problem! Put simply, trivial and petty. HTFU
Ignore this signature

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

you're so hardcore bomber

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

ruud wrote:you're so hardcore bomber
No, just sick of pussyfoots in today's society. I'm amazed we dont run out of cotton wool in this country sometimes.
Ignore this signature

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Bomber wrote:
ruud wrote:you're so hardcore bomber
No, just sick of pussyfoots in today's society. I'm amazed we dont run out of cotton wool in this country sometimes.

we do, thats why we import them from the uk!
:wink: