Showdown 33

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Petro83
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Showdown 33

Post by Petro83 »

Thoughts and tips?

The crows SHOULD win even without Walker! johncock and lynch to prob come into the side this week. Port still missing thomas, trengove, harlett, schulz and cassisi, will get back boak though and that other tosser surjan.
crows need this more than port, top 4 chances on the line.
go crows!

Crows by 22

PhilDunphy
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Showdown 33

Post by PhilDunphy »

Crows by 40-50 points

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

no walker, tippet, petrenko, callinan (4 out of 6 starting forwards) + 2 players down on the bench for 3/4's.....and still made them look stupid!!!!

colossus/DAM......care to comment....?????
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

I'll comment. I'm very passionate towards port but I think there is a few reasons why we lost.
There is absolutely no passion for port at the moment. It seems that showdowns are just another game for us. 5-6 years ago, port were dominant against the crows because they had players who wanted to fight for the club and one another. They had grunt in that side. They wouldn't mind going into a showdown and starting some fights. It fired them up an the crowd up and this port team now seem too soft. Chad corned was the heart and soul of port. If there was one man that could deliver and fire port up to play a showdown, it was him. Chuck brogan in there and it's a different game. Sando builds the showdowns up like its the end of the world to lose but you don't see that from port. Primus has got to get fired up with this lack of performance.
Having said that, crows have one of the best teams in the league. Their midfield combo is arguably the best in the league along with the 3rd best ruck in the league. Port couldn't come close and didn't go about it to try and get close. Bring me back a showdown where port won't go down without an actual fight. They need some passion back in the club.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

totsreds08 wrote:I'll comment. I'm very passionate towards port but I think there is a few reasons why we lost.
There is absolutely no passion for port at the moment. It seems that showdowns are just another game for us. 5-6 years ago, port were dominant against the crows because they had players who wanted to fight for the club and one another. They had grunt in that side. They wouldn't mind going into a showdown and starting some fights. It fired them up an the crowd up and this port team now seem too soft. Chad corned was the heart and soul of port. If there was one man that could deliver and fire port up to play a showdown, it was him. Chuck brogan in there and it's a different game. Sando builds the showdowns up like its the end of the world to lose but you don't see that from port. Primus has got to get fired up with this lack of performance.
Having said that, crows have one of the best teams in the league. Their midfield combo is arguably the best in the league along with the 3rd best ruck in the league. Port couldn't come close and didn't go about it to try and get close. Bring me back a showdown where port won't go down without an actual fight. They need some passion back in the club.

Primus has got to go!
never rated him

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

DAM wrote:
totsreds08 wrote:I'll comment. I'm very passionate towards port but I think there is a few reasons why we lost.

Primus has got to go!
never rated him
Are you sure? How about when he was appointed mid season 2 years ago and you guys won 7 from 9, I bet you rated him then.

Port's list isn't deep enough to cover the injuries they have. With Schultz, they have a decent target man. Grey and Harlett at the two classiest players they have and both of them were out. Port has far to many guys to try and battle but just aren't good enough.

Happy with the Crows win but really, we should have won by 15 goals given the side Port put out on the weekend.