"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:16 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Tour de France
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:42 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:05 pm
Posts: 9865
Location: Gated Community in Mattersville with a Keg of Beer and a Block of Cheese
God is an Englishman wrote:
good to see the English leading the way again this year


You pick and choose don't you :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tour de France
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:25 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
Steve#4 wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
good to see the English leading the way again this year


You pick and choose don't you :lol:


pick and choose what?

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tour de France
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:59 am 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:09 pm
Posts: 2229
Location: 300kms North of Dingo Whoop Whoop
The Kenyan/Sth African is doing well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tour de France
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:20 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
PDog wrote:
The Kenyan/Sth African is doing well.



How is he possibly south african?

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tour de France
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:50 am 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:09 pm
Posts: 2229
Location: 300kms North of Dingo Whoop Whoop
God is an Englishman wrote:
PDog wrote:
The Kenyan/Sth African is doing well.



How is he possibly south african?


He owes more to South Africa than England in terms of his career.

He even represented Kenya at one stage. But you'll claim him none the less.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tour de France
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:58 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
PDog wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
PDog wrote:
The Kenyan/Sth African is doing well.



How is he possibly south african?


He owes more to South Africa than England in terms of his career.

He even represented Kenya at one stage. But you'll claim him none the less.



so he wasn't born in south africa, doesn't have south african parentage, not even entitled to a south african passport. Remind me again, how is he south african?

Did he have a pint of fosters at any time, perhaps you claim him to be australian?

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tour de France
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:15 am 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:09 pm
Posts: 2229
Location: 300kms North of Dingo Whoop Whoop
God is an Englishman wrote:

so he wasn't born in south africa, doesn't have south african parentage, not even entitled to a south african passport. Remind me again, how is he south african?

Did he have a pint of fosters at any time, perhaps you claim him to be australian?

You're just moving away from the fact that you're claiming an athlete as being British when he's Kenyan, and begun his professional career in South Africa. Does it make him South African? No. Apparently makes him British though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tour de France
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:21 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 11708
Location: On a freight train to crazy town
PDog wrote:
You're just moving away from the fact that you're claiming an athlete as being British when he's Kenyan, and begun his professional career in South Africa. Does it make him South African? No. Apparently makes him British though.

Does that make Tim Cahill English?

_________________
Time for some righteous indignation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tour de France
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:22 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
PDog wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:

so he wasn't born in south africa, doesn't have south african parentage, not even entitled to a south african passport. Remind me again, how is he south african?

Did he have a pint of fosters at any time, perhaps you claim him to be australian?

You're just moving away from the fact that you're claiming an athlete as being British when he's Kenyan, and begun his professional career in South Africa. Does it make him South African? No. Apparently makes him British though.



English father - pretty obvious how that makes him English.

how is he south african?

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tour de France
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:24 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
Stitch This wrote:
PDog wrote:
You're just moving away from the fact that you're claiming an athlete as being British when he's Kenyan, and begun his professional career in South Africa. Does it make him South African? No. Apparently makes him British though.

Does that make Tim Cahill English?



Well he's more English than he is australian. 25% English, 25% irish, 50% samoan but with a birth right to represent australia.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tour de France
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:29 am 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:09 pm
Posts: 2229
Location: 300kms North of Dingo Whoop Whoop
PDog wrote:
Does it make him South African? No.


Did you miss that bit, or forgot to put on your spectacles? Wake up fella, I know it's a Monday and all.

He's Kenyan. Learnt his trade in South Africa, went to Europe for career progression.

End of discussion.

Don't believe I mentioned Tim Cahill either.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tour de France
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:35 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
PDog wrote:
PDog wrote:
Does it make him South African? No.


Did you miss that bit, or forgot to put on your spectacles? Wake up fella, I know it's a Monday and all.

He's Kenyan. Learnt his trade in South Africa, went to Europe for career progression.

End of discussion.

Don't believe I mentioned Tim Cahill either.


Then why do you make this post originally. Hence my original post asking how he was south african. Good to see you have now acknowledged your mistake.

PDog wrote:
The Kenyan/Sth African is doing well.



No denying he's Kenyan but he's also English.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tour de France
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:39 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:08 am
Posts: 17838
Steve#4 wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
good to see the English leading the way again this year


You pick and choose don't you :lol:



as I said, GIAE is a bandwaggoner!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tour de France
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:44 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
bubu wrote:
Steve#4 wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
good to see the English leading the way again this year


You pick and choose don't you :lol:



as I said, GIAE is a bandwaggoner!



what has that got to do with someone's nationality?

It's good to see an Englishman doing well, doesn't mean I actually follow the sport. I don't mind track cycling but road cycling is pretty boring to watch.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tour de France
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:48 am 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:09 pm
Posts: 2229
Location: 300kms North of Dingo Whoop Whoop
God is an Englishman wrote:
PDog wrote:
PDog wrote:
Does it make him South African? No.


Did you miss that bit, or forgot to put on your spectacles? Wake up fella, I know it's a Monday and all.

He's Kenyan. Learnt his trade in South Africa, went to Europe for career progression.

End of discussion.

Don't believe I mentioned Tim Cahill either.


Then why do you make this post originally. Hence my original post asking how he was south african. Good to see you have now acknowledged your mistake.

PDog wrote:
The Kenyan/Sth African is doing well.



No denying he's Kenyan but he's also English.


More than happy to back track where I am technically wrong. I'm a big boy.

A very watered down Pom then in my opinion. My opinion only. Then again, most countries will cling to anything where success is involved.

Dual nationality is a horse's ass. You are from where you were born in my opinion, but I don't make the rules I guess!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tour de France
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:54 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:08 am
Posts: 17838
PDog wrote:

More than happy to back track where I am technically wrong. I'm a big boy.

A very watered down Pom then in my opinion. My opinion only. Then again, most countries will cling to anything where success is involved.

Dual nationality is a horse's ass. You are from where you were born in my opinion, but I don't make the rules I guess!



correct!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tour de France
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:56 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
PDog wrote:
More than happy to back track where I am technically wrong. I'm a big boy.

A very watered down Pom then in my opinion. My opinion only. Then again, most countries will cling to anything where success is involved.

Dual nationality is a horse's ass. You are from where you were born in my opinion, but I don't make the rules I guess!



For me, parentage is far more important than the location of birth. Being born in England doesn't even guarantee you a passport. You have to be born in England to parents with the right of abode in England to get one.

Froome has an English father and that's perfectly English in my mind. He was entitled to a British passport at birth, so again - that's good enough for me.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tour de France
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:59 am 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:09 pm
Posts: 2229
Location: 300kms North of Dingo Whoop Whoop
God is an Englishman wrote:
PDog wrote:
More than happy to back track where I am technically wrong. I'm a big boy.

A very watered down Pom then in my opinion. My opinion only. Then again, most countries will cling to anything where success is involved.

Dual nationality is a horse's ass. You are from where you were born in my opinion, but I don't make the rules I guess!



For me, parentage is far more important than the location of birth. Being born in England doesn't even guarantee you a passport. You have to be born in England to parents with the right of abode in England to get one.

Froome has an English father and that's perfectly English in my mind. He was entitled to a British passport at birth, so again - that's good enough for me.

Despite the fact the England had very little to do with his beginnings and development in the Sport? A bit hard to fathom, seems like convenience to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tour de France
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:01 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
PDog wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
PDog wrote:
More than happy to back track where I am technically wrong. I'm a big boy.

A very watered down Pom then in my opinion. My opinion only. Then again, most countries will cling to anything where success is involved.

Dual nationality is a horse's ass. You are from where you were born in my opinion, but I don't make the rules I guess!



For me, parentage is far more important than the location of birth. Being born in England doesn't even guarantee you a passport. You have to be born in England to parents with the right of abode in England to get one.

Froome has an English father and that's perfectly English in my mind. He was entitled to a British passport at birth, so again - that's good enough for me.

Despite the fact the England had very little to do with his beginnings and development in the Sport? A bit hard to fathom, seems like convenience to me.



blood is ticker than paper, the guy has English blood. Don't see how you can deny that someone with an English father (and grand parents) is English.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tour de France
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:06 pm 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:09 pm
Posts: 2229
Location: 300kms North of Dingo Whoop Whoop
God is an Englishman wrote:

blood is ticker than paper, the guy has English blood. Don't see how you can deny that someone with an English father (and grand parents) is English.


I'll agree to disagree with you.

I know you won't change your views (if i've learnt anything about you from this place, it's that you don't back down!), and I know I won't either.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tour de France
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:19 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Blood doesnt have a nationality.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tour de France
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:38 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
PDog wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:

blood is ticker than paper, the guy has English blood. Don't see how you can deny that someone with an English father (and grand parents) is English.


I'll agree to disagree with you.

I know you won't change your views (if i've learnt anything about you from this place, it's that you don't back down!), and I know I won't either.



definitely not on this one as it affects me personally.

All I will say though is under your theory the world could be in chaos. Imagine all the romanians etc.. crossing borders when pregnant to ensure their child can be English/german etc..

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tour de France
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:48 pm 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:09 pm
Posts: 2229
Location: 300kms North of Dingo Whoop Whoop
God is an Englishman wrote:
PDog wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:

blood is ticker than paper, the guy has English blood. Don't see how you can deny that someone with an English father (and grand parents) is English.


I'll agree to disagree with you.

I know you won't change your views (if i've learnt anything about you from this place, it's that you don't back down!), and I know I won't either.



definitely not on this one as it affects me personally.

All I will say though is under your theory the world could be in chaos. Imagine all the romanians etc.. crossing borders when pregnant to ensure their child can be English/german etc..

I'm not English, nor German, so i could not give a toss.

You upset that your kids are Australian? :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tour de France
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:54 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
PDog wrote:
I'm not English, nor German, so i could not give a toss.

You upset that your kids are Australian? :wink:



they're only half australian :wink:

So, someone comes from afghanistan on a tourist visa and gives birth when here and now can stay because their child is australian. Could be a way of avoiding immigration hassles.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tour de France
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:59 pm 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:09 pm
Posts: 2229
Location: 300kms North of Dingo Whoop Whoop
God is an Englishman wrote:
PDog wrote:
I'm not English, nor German, so i could not give a toss.

You upset that your kids are Australian? :wink:



they're only half australian :wink:

So, someone comes from afghanistan on a tourist visa and gives birth when here and now can stay because their child is australian. Could be a way of avoiding immigration hassles.

they do already - what's your point?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tour de France
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:01 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
PDog wrote:
So, someone comes from afghanistan on a tourist visa and gives birth when here and now can stay because their child is australian. Could be a way of avoiding immigration hassles.

they do already - what's your point?![/quote]

that it's wrong and should be allowed. eg. in England they would not be entitled to stay as they are not considered English. So under your theory of place of birth only mattering, an English person wouldn't be allowed to live in England.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tour de France
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:28 pm 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:09 pm
Posts: 2229
Location: 300kms North of Dingo Whoop Whoop
God is an Englishman wrote:
PDog wrote:
So, someone comes from afghanistan on a tourist visa and gives birth when here and now can stay because their child is australian. Could be a way of avoiding immigration hassles.

they do already - what's your point?!


that it's wrong and should be allowed. eg. in England they would not be entitled to stay as they are not considered English. So under your theory of place of birth only mattering, an English person wouldn't be allowed to live in England.[/quote]

should be allowed eh?

that is england's problem and the individual in question's. i don't care!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tour de France
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:43 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
PDog wrote:
should be allowed eh?

that is england's problem and the individual in question's. i don't care!



It's not England's problem as it isn't allowed but it could be a country like australia's problem or any country under your theory.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tour de France
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:54 pm 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:09 pm
Posts: 2229
Location: 300kms North of Dingo Whoop Whoop
God is an Englishman wrote:
PDog wrote:
should be allowed eh?

that is england's problem and the individual in question's. i don't care!



It's not England's problem as it isn't allowed but it could be a country like australia's problem or any country under your theory.

you look too far into things. it wouldn't ever occur that way and the laws relating to dual citizenship won't change, certainly not to that extent.

i've said what i believe, you've said your piece. carry on.

so, the tour eh. was originally the topic of discussion yeah? cadel is finished, not that he ever really got started.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tour de France
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:57 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
PDog wrote:
you look too far into things.


no, I just like being opinionated! :lol:

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group