"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 4:48 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Lance Armstrong faces doping charges
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:57 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 5:45 pm
Posts: 2912
God is an Englishman wrote:
Chade wrote:
DOC wrote:
what are you on about wraith? I asked for a positive test, i never defended him


And you were told about 3 of them, with references...

where?

wasn't he just given someone saying it had happened?

I provided references and links. You're free to look it up yourself.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lance Armstrong faces doping charges
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:45 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43235
Chade wrote:
I provided references and links. You're free to look it up yourself.


You don't keep a dog and bark yourself!

Who were the references from? Has any official body stated these positive tests happened?

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lance Armstrong faces doping charges
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:52 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:11 pm
Posts: 4790
I have references and links to say man never landed on the moon but he did ... or did he


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Lance Armstrong confessed to Oprah Winfrey
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:26 am 
Offline
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:07 am
Posts: 9
Location: Florida
Lance Armstrong confessed to Oprah Winfrey during an interview yesterday that he used performance-enhancing drugs to win the Tour de France according to reports.
Armstrong was stripped of all seven Tour titles last year following a voluminous U.S. Anti-Doping Agency report that portrayed him as a ruthless competitor, willing to go to any lengths to win the prestigious race. The interview will air on Thursday.

(topic merged by mod.)

_________________
http://www.nextsportstar.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lance Armstrong faces doping charges
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:55 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 11769
Location: On a freight train to crazy town
Merging spammers with legit posts. Good grief!

_________________
Time for some righteous indignation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lance Armstrong faces doping charges
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:27 am 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 5:45 pm
Posts: 2912
http://bicycling.com/blogs/boulderrepor ... mfy-couch/
Quote:
A truth that went overlooked in the debate over those [1999 TDF] samples is that in at least two samples, 100 percent of the protein isoforms in Armstrong’s electrophoresis gels were consistent with synthetic EPO. That means that he had taken so much EPO for long enough that his body basically shut down its own production; it didn’t even register on the test.

This is consistent with the French labs (that I've also quoted) re-testing Armstrong's 1999-2001 samples and finding him to be metaphorically reading off chart.

God is an Englishman wrote:
Chade wrote:
I provided references and links. You're free to look it up yourself.

You don't keep a dog and bark yourself!

Keep dreaming, sunshine.
Quote:
Who were the references from? Has any official body stated these positive tests happened?

Hurr derp. Yes. Go look it up. As to why they're not more public? That's sort of the point, and apparently partly why Armstrong is confessing; he's implied Hein Verbruggen and Pat McQuaid were involved in the overall scheme.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lance Armstrong faces doping charges
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:36 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 12:15 pm
Posts: 13041
Quote:
Lance Armstrong and the cost-benefit analysis of confession
Don't be fooled: the only thing choking up Lance is the lawsuits he has to settle. But he'll recoup through Oprah's redemption

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/20 ... confession


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lance Armstrong faces doping charges
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:41 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43235
Chade wrote:
http://bicycling.com/blogs/boulderreport/2013/01/09/not-a-comfy-couch/
Quote:
A truth that went overlooked in the debate over those [1999 TDF] samples is that in at least two samples, 100 percent of the protein isoforms in Armstrong’s electrophoresis gels were consistent with synthetic EPO. That means that he had taken so much EPO for long enough that his body basically shut down its own production; it didn’t even register on the test.

This is consistent with the French labs (that I've also quoted) re-testing Armstrong's 1999-2001 samples and finding him to be metaphorically reading off chart.

God is an Englishman wrote:
Chade wrote:
I provided references and links. You're free to look it up yourself.

You don't keep a dog and bark yourself!

Keep dreaming, sunshine.
Quote:
Who were the references from? Has any official body stated these positive tests happened?

Hurr derp. Yes. Go look it up. As to why they're not more public? That's sort of the point, and apparently partly why Armstrong is confessing; he's implied Hein Verbruggen and Pat McQuaid were involved in the overall scheme.



You're the one telling the story here - so where are the references?

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lance Armstrong faces doping charges
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:06 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 12:15 pm
Posts: 13041
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/ind ... -the-years

plenty of references here to "allegations" of positive tests being manipulated or swept under the carpet...

it is not so much about the proof of testing positive but about the manipulation of the system, avoidance and cover-up...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lance Armstrong faces doping charges
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:12 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 12:15 pm
Posts: 13041
Nicole Cooke :

Quote:
All these "born again" champions of a clean sport. They could be more accurately described as criminals who stole other's livelihoods who are only ever genuinely sorry about one thing — they are very sorry they were caught.

I do despair that the sport will ever clean itself up when the rewards of stealing are greater than riding clean. If that remains the case, the temptation for those with no morals will always be too great. Lyne summed it up quite nicely with a statement that won her few plaudits but was entirely right. I can't help thinking that the cheats win on the way up and the way down.

Tyler Hamilton will make more money from his book describing how he cheated than Bessette or I will make in all our years of our honest labour. The situation requires the very basics of morality. Please don't reward people like Hamilton with money. That is the last thing he needs. Donate his literary prize and subsequent earnings from such publications to a charity. There are many places infinitely more deserving than the filthy hands of Hamilton. I am happy to offer some ideas!

It is obvious that this issue is wider than the remit of the sporting governing bodies. It is no modest "sporting fraud". Wider society has to act.

I have ridden through some of the darkest days of the sport in terms of corruption by the cheats and liars. I cannot change the era or time that I am born into. I am very proud that I have met the temptations head on and have not wavered in my honesty or sold my ideals. I have always ridden true to myself and placed my morals beyond a need to win. I have ridden clean throughout my career. In a sport so tainted, this has generated many negative consequences. From the single example above; my team-mate and myself not getting paid for the rest of the year, after the Tour de France, being simple evidence. I am so very fortunate to have been able to have won clean.

Perhaps a major factor is that the races are short – only 3 hours long! This is perhaps a hard and unpopular fact that the male side may need to embrace if it is genuine about wanting to clean itself up.

I have been robbed by drug cheats, but I am fortunate, I am here before you with more in my basket than the 12 year old dreamed of. But for many genuine people out there who do ride clean; people with morals, many of these people have had to leave the sport with nothing after a lifetime of hard work — some going through horrific financial turmoil. When Lance "cries" on Oprah later this week and she passes him a tissue, spare a thought for all of those genuine people who walked away with no reward – just shattered dreams. Each one of them is worth a thousand Lances.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lance Armstrong faces doping charges
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:28 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43235
adam wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/index-of-lance-armstrong-doping-allegations-over-the-years

plenty of references here to "allegations" of positive tests being manipulated or swept under the carpet...

it is not so much about the proof of testing positive but about the manipulation of the system, avoidance and cover-up...



You said it all with one word, ALLEGATIONS!!

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lance Armstrong faces doping charges
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:46 am 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 12:33 pm
Posts: 3225
Stitch This wrote:
Merging spammers with legit posts. Good grief!

Besides the signature, I don't see anything in the post trying to sell us kitchens or handbags, and decided to give the poster the benefit of the doubt for their first post.
You will notice that this sub-forum stays a lot cleaner than others. Spammers or bots are usually deleted and most reports are usually closed quite quickly. I decided merging was the best option as there is already this well established thread regarding Armstrong and his doping.
If only other sub-forums were monitored the same way. Feel free to report tho Stitch.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lance Armstrong faces doping charges
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:59 am 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 5:45 pm
Posts: 2912
God is an Englishman wrote:
You're the one telling the story here - so where are the references?

Lrn2serch.

adam wrote:
Nicole Cooke :
...

Yeah, saw that. Good on her. I'm definitely avoiding contributing to these guys' pockets (even though in Landis' case he's close to bankrupt from memory...).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lance Armstrong faces doping charges
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:36 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 11769
Location: On a freight train to crazy town
Blueblood wrote:
Stitch This wrote:
Merging spammers with legit posts. Good grief!

Besides the signature, I don't see anything in the post trying to sell us kitchens or handbags, and decided to give the poster the benefit of the doubt for their first post.
You will notice that this sub-forum stays a lot cleaner than others. Spammers or bots are usually deleted and most reports are usually closed quite quickly. I decided merging was the best option as there is already this well established thread regarding Armstrong and his doping.
If only other sub-forums were monitored the same way. Feel free to report tho Stitch.

Thanks for the explanation.

_________________
Time for some righteous indignation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lance Armstrong faces doping charges
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:03 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43235
Chade wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
You're the one telling the story here - so where are the references?

Lrn2serch.

adam wrote:
Nicole Cooke :
...

Yeah, saw that. Good on her. I'm definitely avoiding contributing to these guys' pockets (even though in Landis' case he's close to bankrupt from memory...).



I have no idea what you are talking about.

I tried lrn2serch.com and .com.au and even .co.uk but nothing.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lance Armstrong faces doping charges
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:41 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 12:15 pm
Posts: 13041
God is an Englishman wrote:
adam wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/index-of-lance-armstrong-doping-allegations-over-the-years

plenty of references here to "allegations" of positive tests being manipulated or swept under the carpet...

it is not so much about the proof of testing positive but about the manipulation of the system, avoidance and cover-up...



You said it all with one word, ALLEGATIONS!!


correct... but they are hardly allegations any longer hence the "...." - probably should have written that in blue text.

what we do now know is that he is a confessed drug cheat who manipulated the system to return negative tests and to avoid being caught...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lance Armstrong faces doping charges
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:13 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:08 am
Posts: 17837
adam wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
adam wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/index-of-lance-armstrong-doping-allegations-over-the-years

plenty of references here to "allegations" of positive tests being manipulated or swept under the carpet...

it is not so much about the proof of testing positive but about the manipulation of the system, avoidance and cover-up...



You said it all with one word, ALLEGATIONS!!


correct... but they are hardly allegations any longer hence the "...." - probably should have written that in blue text.

what we do now know is that he is a confessed drug cheat who manipulated the system to return negative tests and to avoid being caught...



do we????
I dont think u were present to the Oprah interview...until friday - its all hearsay!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lance Armstrong faces doping charges
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:35 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 5:45 pm
Posts: 2912
bubu wrote:
do we????
I dont think u were present to the Oprah interview...until friday - its all hearsay!


Are you still saying that he's innocent because you haven't bothered to read the multitude of links providing details of witnesses and his failed tests?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lance Armstrong faces doping charges
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:05 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43235
Chade wrote:
bubu wrote:
do we????
I dont think u were present to the Oprah interview...until friday - its all hearsay!


Are you still saying that he's innocent because you haven't bothered to read the multitude of links providing details of witnesses and his failed tests?



you're a bank robber as well, your finger prints were even found at the scene

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lance Armstrong faces doping charges
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:56 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 12:15 pm
Posts: 13041
Quote:
Lance Armstrong finally has confronted his alleged use of performance-enhancing drugs during his cycling career, though he "did not come clean in the manner that I expected," talk show host Oprah Winfrey said a day after interviewing the disgraced athlete.


Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/sport/cycling/ ... z2I75ODtuA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lance Armstrong faces doping charges
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:58 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 12:15 pm
Posts: 13041
Quote:
UPDATE: LANCE Armstrong reportedly offered to give the US government $5 million in compensation for alleged fraud.

The day after the former Tour de France champion "came clean" to Oprah Winfrey in aTV interview about doping allegations, CBS News is reporting he also offered to be a "co-operating witness".

The US Department of Justice reportedly turned down both offers as inadequate.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lance Armstrong faces doping charges
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:09 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43235
adam wrote:
Quote:
UPDATE: LANCE Armstrong reportedly offered to give the US government $5 million in compensation for alleged fraud.

The day after the former Tour de France champion "came clean" to Oprah Winfrey in aTV interview about doping allegations, CBS News is reporting he also offered to be a "co-operating witness".

The US Department of Justice reportedly turned down both offers as inadequate.



and I bet if he says it's cadel evans then everyone will say _ you can't trust him, he's a convicted drug cheat.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lance Armstrong faces doping charges
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:29 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:37 am
Posts: 12830
Location: paradise
everyone knows cadel is clean, cos he failed so many times

so you all have allegations and inuendo, nice to know :lol:

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lance Armstrong faces doping charges
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:31 pm 
Offline
Coach
Coach
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:15 pm
Posts: 29659
Location: O'Sullivan Beach, South Australia
Care factor = < 0

_________________
Image
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lance Armstrong faces doping charges
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:29 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:08 am
Posts: 17837
Chade wrote:
bubu wrote:
do we????
I dont think u were present to the Oprah interview...until friday - its all hearsay!


Are you still saying that he's innocent because you haven't bothered to read the multitude of links providing details of witnesses and his failed tests?



my opinion on whether he is a cheat has changed, from the initial allegations.

however, I will wait to i see with my own eyes, he admitting that he cheated, before commenting!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lance Armstrong faces doping charges
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:29 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:08 am
Posts: 17837
adam wrote:
Quote:
UPDATE: LANCE Armstrong reportedly offered to give the US government $5 million in compensation for alleged fraud.

The day after the former Tour de France champion "came clean" to Oprah Winfrey in aTV interview about doping allegations, CBS News is reporting he also offered to be a "co-operating witness".

The US Department of Justice reportedly turned down both offers as inadequate.



could he name many more perpetrators?/?

could this bring doen the sport?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lance Armstrong faces doping charges
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:56 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 12:15 pm
Posts: 13041
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc- ... y-jenkins/

Lance Armstrong apologized to Sally Jenkins

Quote:
Rose: Now that you know, what does it change for you?
Jenkins: Well, I think I knew the moment I read George Hincapie’s affidavit — which I accept as completely truthful — and some of the other rider affidavits. I don’t think you could have read the rider affidavits in the USADA report and not come to the conclusion that yeah, he did it. So the confession is important because it’s Lance finally telling people like me. I’ve been hearing all this stuff from other people, and I’ve expressed to him that what has disappointed me most is to hear it from others and not from him. So I belong in the category of friend and associate, and I think that he’s been doing a lot of apologizing to people like that in the last couple days. For better or worse, this is his moment to sort of let people hear it from him, rather than read it in a report or hear it in a broadcast.
Rose: Did he apologize to you?
Jenkins: He did. He did.
Rose: And what did he say?

Jenkins: He said he was sorry for misleading me. He said he was sorry — and this is a very small thing — but he expressed that he was sorry that my reputation had taken a hit because of my association with him, which I appreciated. And it wasn’t a very long conversation, but it was a meaningful one to me. I had hoped he was clean. He’s not. Am I angry about that? You know, I don’t rise to the level of anger that I think a lot of people want me to. I think that there’s a level of anger at Lance that is out of proportion to the offense of doping.


Quote:
Rose: But there’s also this aspect of intimidation and threats…that is to many people believable.
Jenkins: Right. I think that that’s what he’s going to have to address with Oprah. I think it’s certainly equal to the doping, to be honest. Quite honestly, I thought that was the most damaging stuff in the USADA report. I think those are the toughest questions for him. You know, the Lance Armstrong that I know and that I have dealt with has never been threatening. He’s certainly complicated. He’s certainly flawed. He is certainly angry, at times, and combative. He’s never been menacing. Now, that’s my personal experience with him, and I’m a friend. I would not want to meet him as an adversary, I can say that. I think that he’s got some work to do to persuade people that that Lance Armstrong – the threatening, the intimidating Lance Armstrong that’s been portrayed – he’s got some work to do to convince people that that’s a mis-portrayal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lance Armstrong faces doping charges
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:47 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:24 pm
Posts: 12562
Location: Pissant Town
Quote:
THE IOC has stripped Lance Armstrong of the bronze medal he won at the 2000 Sydney Olympics because of his involvement in doping.

Two officials say the IOC sent a letter to Armstrong on Wednesday night asking him to return the medal.

The move came after the IOC was notified by cycling's governing body that Armstrong had not appealed the decision to disqualify him.

The officials spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because the decision hasn't been announced.

The IOC executive board discussed revoking the medal last month, but delayed a decision until cycling body UCI formally notified Armstrong he had been stripped of his seven Tour de France titles and all results since 1998.

He then had 21 days to appeal.

Now that the deadline has expired, the IOC has decided to take the medal away.


http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/tou ... 6556209356


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lance Armstrong faces doping charges
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:23 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:08 am
Posts: 17837
and so it begins........

:cry:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lance Armstrong faces doping charges
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:29 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:41 pm
Posts: 16700
Location: Big Kay's Burgers
Send him to jail.

Many lives have been affected based on his lies.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group