Manny Pacquaio v Tim Bradley

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Manny Pacquaio v Tim Bradley

Post by God is an Englishman »

:shock:

Pacquaio lost on points and from all reports wrongly lost.

My old man was there in vegas watching it, can't wait to hear about the crowd reaction

Mister Miyagi
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Manny Pacquaio v Tim Bradley

Post by Mister Miyagi »

You know people everywhere :P Nessa
Colossus wrote:You arent priviliged enough just yet to have my forum name anywhere near your sig so heres your first and last chance to rid of it quick smart sunshine before someone gets rid of you first :wink: :D
Thankyou kindly 8)

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Mister Miyagi wrote:You know people everywhere :P Nessa
Dad loves boxing and loves Vegas. Perfect trip. He's got tickets for Haye v chisora as well in not such a great location though. Apparently he paid the extra for insurance if that fight doesn't happen.

I'm trying to get him to watch Amir Khan as whoever he goes to watch LOSES!!

The last time he watched Pac Man the fight only lasted 4 minutes.

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

Didn't watch the fight first hand, but a mate of mine was also over there for it.

Said it was absolutely ridiculous, Pac Man would have won 8 or 9 of the rounds comfortably.

That it one sport that has no consistency at all.... Fox Sports website had a good article the other day about it and the top 5 fights in terms of ordinary decisions... Fenech vs Azumah Nelson for instance, and Danny Green's fight in Germany.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

he was robbed, thats what you get for fighting an american in america with american judges.

cole_trickle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by cole_trickle »

A five-judge panel assigned by the WBO unanimously favored Manny Pacquiao, right, in its review of the controversial June 9 bout that was awarded to Timothy Bradley by split decision.

Manny Pacquiao should have been the winner of his June 9 bout against Timothy Bradley, a five-judge panel assembled by the World Boxing Organization's championship committee unanimously decided after a video review.

WBO President Francisco "Paco" Valcarcel ordered the five-judge review of Pacquiao-Bradley last week while questioning the Nevada State Athletic Commission for not retaining any judges from outside Nevada for the title fight.

Instead, Bradley won that fight -- and Pacquiao's WBO welterweight belt -- by split decision, setting off outrage among many people who saw the bout and thought Pacquiao was the clear winner.

Even with the determination of the panel of judges, the WBO is unable to overturn the outcome of the fight. Pacquiao said Thursday that's fine with him -- he told reporters in the Philippines that he would rather win back the belt in a rematch because otherwise "people may think I just usurped it."

Pacquiao added, "My supporters shouldn't worry. We're going to get that title."

The five unidentified judges on the review panel scored the fight 117-111, 117-111, 118-110, 116-112 and 115-113, all in favor of Pacquiao. At the fight, judge Jerry Roth gave Pacquiao a 115-113 edge, but Duane Ford and C.J. Ross determined Bradley won by the same score.

Ford, has said he believed Bradley gave Pacquiao "a boxing lesson."

The Times' Kevin Baxter scored the fight 117-111 in favor of Pacquiao during round-by-round blog coverage of the bout.

Valcarcel has said that the information garnered from the five judges on the review panel -- from New Jersey, Connecticut, Florida, Pennsylvania and Puerto Rico -- will be used to help persuade the Assn. of Boxing Commissions to bring in judges from outside their states for fights of such magnitude.

Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer told The Times last week he was open to retaining judges from outside Nevada for future bouts, but was skeptical of the WBO post-fight scoring.

"So you're telling me after all this outcry over the decision, you're going to assign judges to re-score the fight while saying you want more judges to be brought to Las Vegas for a fight weekend? How many of these guys do you think will score the fight for Bradley?" Kizer said.

Before Pacquiao's comments about seeking a Bradley rematch, his promoter Bob Arum said he planned to meet with Pacquiao in Los Angeles next week to discuss the fighter's future.

The promoter ofMexico'sJuan Manuel Marquez last week said Marquez is seeking a fourth fight against Pacquiao after three close prior bouts.

Promoter Fernando Beltran said he believes the public is more intrigued with a Marquez bout than a rematch against Bradley.
------------------------
THIS ONE'S FOR YOU HARRY