Aussie Rules Topic

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

BeNatural
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Aussie Rules Topic

Post by BeNatural »

http://news-review-messenger.whereilive ... ng-charge/

Junior faces umpire headbutting charge[/b

]A JUNIOR footballer who allegedly headbutted an umpire in a game on Sunday faces a “severe penalty” and is lucky to not face charges, AdelaideNow reports.

It has emerged that the umpire is a policeman.

The Eastern Park Football Club under-16 player has been reported for two counts of striking during a game against Golden Grove at Dwight Reserve, Elizabeth Park.

It is understood the player was being sent from the ground after being reported for striking when he allegedly headbutted an umpire.
Last edited by BeNatural on Fri May 25, 2012 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BeNatural
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Another "What you dont see in The Advertiser"

Post by BeNatural »

Hidden story on their website

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/junior-fa ... 6352484054

A JUNIOR footballer who allegedly headbutted an umpire in a game on Sunday faces a "severe penalty" and is lucky to not face charges.
It has emerged that the umpire is a policeman.

The Eastern Park Football Club under-16 player has been reported for two counts of striking during a game against Golden Grove at Dwight Reserve, Elizabeth Park.

It is understood the player was being sent from the ground after being reported for striking when he allegedly headbutted an umpire. Eastern Park Football Club president Bill Wells said he had no other comment than to say that a tribunal hearing for the player had been set for next Wednesday.

North East Metro Junior Football Association chairman Rick King believed the matter was reported to police.

But the league's umpires co-ordinator, Ray Austin, said the experienced umpire, who is also a police officer, had chosen to not take matters further than the football tribunal. Mr King said: "It will be quite a severe penalty (he receives) I would imagine.

"We have more than 4000 players, 254 junior teams, playing football each week ... we've only had on average one incident a month and they have not been particularly serious.

"We are very tough on any sort of behaviour like this."

Football leagues throughout the state have taken a strong stance against all on-field violence in recent years. Last year, a 14-year-old footballer from Encounter Bay Football Club was handed a five-year national ban from football followed by a five-year probationary period after hitting and spitting on an umpire.

The club supported the ban and was disappointed when the SANFL reduced the penalty to a three-year ban following an appeal from the player, which led to an umpire strike.

A Hahndorf under-17s player was handed a life ban from football after striking an umpire.

The South Australian Amateur Football League has so far this year had 14 players reported for on-field violence in its senior grades, resulting in suspensions totalling 17 matches.

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

So, you DO see it in the Advertiser?

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Pass me my tin hat...Quick... :lol:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bacon888 wrote:So, you DO see it in the Advertiser?

"Hidden story on their website?" :lol:
Ignore this signature

Randoman
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Randoman »

I read it in the hardcopy of the Advertiser about a week ago... they really should stop putting things in their paper they dont want you to see

Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Big Mac »

Randoman wrote:I read it in the hardcopy of the Advertiser about a week ago... they really should stop putting things in their paper they dont want you to see
With their circulation these days, if you want something hidden stick it in the paper.
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

robs2107
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by robs2107 »

When will The Advertiser stop this ongoing conspiracy against the round ball game. Publishing an article about an incident in a Junior AFL game. Once gain trying to starve the beautiful game of publicity. It is shameful!
Ernie Merrick: Of course I am happy when my team scores a goal, it's just that sometimes I forget to tell my face. (On why Ernie doesn't smile on the sideline.)

HandyMan
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by HandyMan »

shiraz.E.N SCUM OF THE EARTH GAYFL MEDIA F..U..C..K..WITTS

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

Cannot believe that the EPL final day did not make the at least the back cover of the Advertiser today, instead it was some pointless Crows story. Absolute disgrace.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

gareth_bale wrote:Cannot believe that the EPL final day did not make the at least the back cover of the Advertiser today, instead it was some pointless Crows story. Absolute disgrace.

welcome to adelaide and its local RAG!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

gareth_bale wrote:Cannot believe that the EPL final day did not make the at least the back cover of the Advertiser today, instead it was some pointless Crows story. Absolute disgrace.

would have been old news by the time they would have got it to print.

BeNatural
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Aussie Rules Topic

Post by BeNatural »

Footy fight sparks security upgarde

http://news-review-messenger.whereilive ... y-upgarde/

INGLE Farm Football Club will have security guards and dry zones at all home matches, starting tomorrow, in the wake of a post-game fight between two spectators.

Police were called to the Bulldogs’ Rowe Park base on Saturday, May 19, when a scuffle broke out minutes after the final siren of the division six game against Trinity Old Scholars.

Bulldogs president Scott Smart said eyewitnesses saw one of the spectators wield a knife and the other use a broken beer bottle as a weapon.

Smart said the incident, which occurred on the Bulldogs’ sponsors day, had prompted the club to hire two Weslo security guards for home games and create up to three dry zones at its oval.

“We have to be seen to be doing the right thing,” Smart said.

“We’ll bring in security for every home game for however long it takes until people get the picture.”

Under SA Amateur Football League regulations, clubs must have a matchday official at home games but do not need to provide security.

Holden Hill Detective Acting Sgt Stewart Reeves said police were unaware a knife had been brandished or that a bottle was used as a weapon.

As a result, he said, no charges had been laid nor were police investigating at this stage.

“There was no evidence of any knives and it appears the bottle was thrown away in disgust, not thrown at anyone,” he said.

Are security guards needed at all local footy matches? Post a comment in the box below.

Jack Mehorf
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jack Mehorf »

I've played 200 plus games in FFSA leagues, 150 plus games of amateur soccer and 200 plus games of amateur footy over 25 years.

Nothing gets close to what i've seen playing amateur footy.....nothing :!:

M160RA
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by M160RA »

Of more concern is the story in this week's Leader Messenger (TTG area).

Six northern clubs have disbanded their u/18's sides in the past 2 seasons due to lack of numbers. Salisbury was forced to pull out of the competition two weeks ago after it had just 10 players to field a team.

http://digitaledition.leadermessenger.c ... &iid=63255
Manchester United, not arrogant, just better.

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

how many ffsa or saasl clubs have to provide security guards?? shows how bad amateur footy is.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Jack Mehorf wrote:I've played 200 plus games in FFSA leagues, 150 plus games of amateur soccer and 200 plus games of amateur footy over 25 years.

Nothing gets close to what i've seen playing amateur footy.....nothing :!:
I choose you to represent us in the obvious..... :!:
Ignore this signature

MG&Son
Star Player
Star Player

Post by MG&Son »

Amateur football violence is terrible. Been to 2 games this year and already seen one punch on and another almost happen in both games I went to. Full of ferrals

If ye cannae dae the bouncy you're a Tim!
If ye cannae dae the bouncy you're a Tim!
If ye cannae dae the bouncy, cannae dae the bouncy,
Cannae dae the bouncy you're a Tim!

Adolf Hítler
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Adolf Hítler »

Did you start them?
The Dewey Decimal System... What a scam that was!

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

MG&Son wrote:Amateur football violence is terrible. Been to 2 games this year and already seen one punch on and another almost happen in both games I went to. Full of ferrals

were u wearing a rangers top, with the words "we are innocent'?
:wink:

Manc1958
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Manc1958 »

The fists were flying at the cows v collingwood game between spectators as witnessed by a workmate,no mention of incident , cops got involved . No soccer type violence mentioned???
Manc58

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Manc1958 wrote:The fists were flying at the cows v collingwood game between spectators as witnessed by a workmate,no mention of incident , cops got involved . No soccer type violence mentioned???
Lets face it, when talking Crows and Collingwood, it doesnt seem like there'd be many sharing intellectual discussions...................
Ignore this signature

egg and chips
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by egg and chips »

Lets face it, when talking Crows and Collingwood, it doesnt seem like there'd be many sharing intellectual discussions...................[/quote]

Players or spectators?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

egg and chips wrote:Lets face it, when talking Crows and Collingwood, it doesnt seem like there'd be many sharing intellectual discussions...................
Players or spectators?[/quote]

Spectators (mainly)
Ignore this signature

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Bomber wrote:
egg and chips wrote:Lets face it, when talking Crows and Collingwood, it doesnt seem like there'd be many sharing intellectual discussions...................
Players or spectators?
Spectators (mainly)[/quote]

so the cows lost the game, and the fight.......