AFL 2023

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

AFL 2023

Post by ozzie owl »

Former Richmond AFL player and author of a bombshell Hawthorn racism report Phil Egan has been arrested and is expected to be charged with fraud offences. Multiple media outlets report Egan was taken into police custody on Tuesday following an investigation into the management of an Aboriginal organisation in Victoria.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/author-of-h ... Pd-3Op1bxA

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Re: AFL 2023

Post by Bomber »

Watch me stuff up ladder predictions again for 2023:

1. Melbourne
2. Geelong
3. Sydney
4. Richmond
5. Port
6. Carlton
7. Brisbane
8. Collingwood

9. W Bulldogs
10. Essendon
11. Adelaide
12. St Kilda
13. Fremantle
14. Gold Coast
15. Hawthorn
16. GWS
17. West Coast
18. Noth Melbourne

Melbourne to beat Richmond in GF
Ignore this signature

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

sydney
brisbane
melbourne
power
geelong
collingwood
carlton
gws

freo
richmond
bulldogs
crows
west coast
hawks
bombers
gold coast
saints
north

brisbane beats melbourne in granny
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Just Dave now wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:07 pm sydney
brisbane
melbourne
power
geelong
collingwood
carlton
gws

freo
richmond
bulldogs
crows
west coast
hawks
bombers
gold coast
saints
north

What’s a “granny”? I thought it was an affectionate name for one’s grandmother 👵.

Terrible abreviation, as bad as “footy” instead of football.

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by C U Next Saturday »

Con M wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:42 am
Just Dave now wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:07 pm sydney
brisbane
melbourne
power
geelong
collingwood
carlton
gws

freo
richmond
bulldogs
crows
west coast
hawks
bombers
gold coast
saints
north

What’s a “granny”? I thought it was an affectionate name for one’s grandmother 👵.

Terrible abreviation, as bad as “footy” instead of football.
or 'abreviation" instead of abbreviation

Popeye Magoo
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Popeye Magoo »

I must say that Collingwood FC are off to a good start. After the Joffa saga, along comes some powder sniffing surfie to settle things a little.
I might be old, senile, short sighted and a poor driver but give me some spinach and I'll have you for breakfast!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bombers top. ;-)
Ignore this signature

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Popeye Magoo wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:02 pm I must say that Collingwood FC are off to a good start. After the Joffa saga, along comes some powder sniffing surfie to settle things a little.
:lol:

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Bomber wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:34 am Bombers top. ;-)
Enjoy it while it lasts

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Rookie wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:53 pm
Bomber wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:34 am Bombers top. ;-)
Enjoy it while it lasts
I shall, thanks. :thumbup:
Ignore this signature

Popeye Magoo
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Popeye Magoo »

Looks like the Match Review People haven't a clue (as usual). No consistency.
I might be old, senile, short sighted and a poor driver but give me some spinach and I'll have you for breakfast!

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

WTF is with the suspensions this round, not a good look which i get but how does McAdam get 3 yet Pickett only get 2 :roll:

So now you will get rubbed out for intent, COME ON MAN

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Frank Costanza »

Rookie wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:56 pm WTF is with the suspensions this round, not a good look which i get but how does McAdam get 3 yet Pickett only get 2 :roll:

So now you will get rubbed out for intent, COME ON MAN
If the AFL want to be serious about this issue - all 3 would have gotten 3+ weeks.
But the AFL are pathetic and have no idea what they're doing.
Buddy, who actually hit someone in the head, gets only 1 week whereas 2 blokes who hit the chest (albeit with much greater force) got more weeks.
No issue with suspending people based on intent (or potential injury) but FFS be serious about and be consistent!
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

I wonder if the media will have a weeks saturation coverage of the brawl at the Collingwood and Port game yesterday ?

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/four-m ... 2017fb9b6f

4 men arrested but no serious injuries.....
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Frank Costanza »

Go CROM!
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

I’d post to communicate my joy but I don’t think we have any Powder Puff supporters on here....not any that would admit it.
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Nah bugger it...... to beat them in their home game in front of their supporters wearing their spiritual jumper which they whinge about every year while they’re supposed to be a top 4 team that exist to win premierships.......blah blah blah....made me very happy....

PAFC.....get walloped by Collingwood one week and then pretend to be them the next..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Last nights showdown was a cracking game which is contrast to most of the games I’ve seen this season. Most of the games a low scoring arm wrestles with a roaming pack of players around the ball .

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

MegaBonus wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:23 am Nah bugger it...... to beat them in their home game in front of their supporters wearing their spiritual jumper which they whinge about every year while they’re supposed to be a top 4 team that exist to win premierships.......blah blah blah....made me very happy....

PAFC.....get walloped by Collingwood one week and then pretend to be them the next..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
So Mega, you weren’t watching the 6-goal A-League game on at the same time?

What about the night before? Were you watching the 5-goal thriller A-League game (WSW v A.U.), or two suburbs of Bleak Town called Collingwood and Richmond do battle in their VFL?

What about this Friday 7th April 4.30pm? Will you be going to Estadio Hindmarsh to watch Adelaide United v Sydney FC, or watching two suburbs of Melbourne (North Melbourne and Carlton) play in their VFL?

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Con M wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:35 am
MegaBonus wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:23 am Nah bugger it...... to beat them in their home game in front of their supporters wearing their spiritual jumper which they whinge about every year while they’re supposed to be a top 4 team that exist to win premierships.......blah blah blah....made me very happy....

What about the night before? Were you watching the 5-goal thriller A-League game (WSW v A.U.), or two suburbs of Bleak Town called Collingwood and Richmond do battle in their VFL?

What about this Friday 7th April 4.30pm? Will you be going to Estadio Hindmarsh to watch Adelaide United v Sydney FC, or watching two suburbs of Melbourne (North Melbourne and Carlton) play in their VFL?
For someone who supposedly doesn't like the AFL your sure are upto date with the fixtures list.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Was a great showdown as they usually are, great to see the Crows get up in the end.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Cooper wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:01 am

For someone who supposedly doesn't like the AFL your sure are upto date with the fixtures list.
In 2024 the AFL are going amend their fixtures so that no matches clash either live or on tv with AU home games ;-)

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

For footy tips, just ask me. Then go for the opposite. You'll go well, trust me
Ignore this signature

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

You meant to write “you’re sure..” but thanks Coops. I do like to keep informed. But yeah, nah - I just asked Mr Google for those fixtures.

ps, you’ll be proud of me - I’ve NEVER been to an AFL (aka VFL) game. The World game is my game.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Con M wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:53 pm

You meant to write “you’re sure..” but thanks Coops. I do like to keep informed. But yeah, nah - I just asked Mr Google for those fixtures.

ps, you’ll be proud of me - I’ve NEVER been to an AFL (aka VFL) game. The World game is my game.
Still some effort involved in googling fixtures and clashes.

No idea who you are to even attempt to considering being proud of you, and unlikely i would be.

So, you only support / follow one sport?

Get In The Car
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Get In The Car »

Con M wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:42 am Terrible abreviation, as bad as “footy” instead of football.
Less cringy than pen for penalty.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Post by Con M » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:05 am
MegaBonus wrote: ↑Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:53 am
Nah bugger it...... to beat them in their home game in front of their supporters wearing their spiritual jumper which they whinge about every year while they’re supposed to be a top 4 team that exist to win premierships.......blah blah blah....made me very happy....

id rather watch a Crows V power game than Wellington, Perth, Newcastle, Brisbane etc. i'd rather watch Adl play before watching most Crows games

and yes, i watched enough of the Adl game to confirm we dont need to play a 'false 9'.....

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

I wonder what Dan Andrews thinks of "gather round"? I mean, "why would you want to go to Adelaide"?
Ignore this signature

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by C U Next Saturday »

Bomber wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:53 am I wonder what Dan Andrews thinks of "gather round"? I mean, "why would you want to go to Adelaide"?
Dominic Perrottet will have time to visit Adelaide ...