"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:37 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Good up and coming boxers
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:15 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:31 pm
Posts: 3877
Location: Montesarchio
No Idea, no one has ever taken him past 3 rounds and the bloke has a 2.11m reach :shock:

_________________
Dan Birdwell - You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Good up and coming boxers
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:19 am 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:09 pm
Posts: 2229
Location: 300kms North of Dingo Whoop Whoop
not many would have the aggots to take him on i'm guessing


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Good up and coming boxers
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:19 am 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:09 pm
Posts: 2229
Location: 300kms North of Dingo Whoop Whoop
match him up with that massive chinese fella


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Good up and coming boxers
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:03 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
Fury v Klitchko in October in Germany.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Good up and coming boxers
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:25 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
If you have a spare minute, watch Anthony Joshua's latest fight.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Good up and coming boxers
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:19 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
Fury v Klitschko

Loved the line in the press conference - "I'll tell you one thing, this Klit is gonna get licked"

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Good up and coming boxers
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:04 am 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:04 am
Posts: 288
Location: Frejas
Was that on CNN or Fox?

_________________
I hate screaming kids


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Good up and coming boxers
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:41 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
Urgh! A Musíc War wrote:
Was that on CNN or Fox?


Fox - but the fight is on BeIn over here.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Good up and coming boxers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:48 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
Klitchko playing tricks now, don't know whether to set my alarm or not

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Good up and coming boxers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:47 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
God is an Englishman wrote:
Tyson Fury
Image

I predict both of these will become world champion at some point in their career


NEW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Good up and coming boxers
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:38 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Pommy mate sitting next to me reckons he's a bit of a pikey.

Impressive scalp getting Klitchko though.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Good up and coming boxers
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:47 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
Bomber wrote:
Pommy mate sitting next to me reckons he's a bit of a pikey.

Impressive scalp getting Klitchko though.


Then he's an idiot, he's not a bit of one.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Good up and coming boxers
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:54 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Pommy mate sitting next to me reckons he's a bit of a pikey.

Impressive scalp getting Klitchko though.


Then he's an idiot, he's not a bit of one.


A bloke from the pub doesn't think so:

Background

"Born and raised in Manchester, England, Fury was born into a family of Irish Traveller heritage.[5] His paternal grandfather was from Tuam, County Galway, which is also the birthplace of his father John Fury.[6] His maternal grandmother is from County Tipperary and his mother was born in Belfast.[7][8] His family has a long history in boxing;[9] his father competed in the 1980s as "a nomadic or free-spirited person" John Fury,[10] initially as a bare-knuckle fighter and unlicensed boxer, and then as a professional boxer.[11] He is a cousin of Irish WBO Middleweight World Champion Andy Lee[8] and heavyweight Hughie Fury.[12] Hughie's father, Peter Fury, is also Tyson's trainer.[13] He is also a distant relative of "self-styled King of the a nomadic or free-spirited person"[14] Bartley Gorman.[15][16] His father named him "Tyson" after then-world heavyweight champion Mike Tyson.[9]"

PIKEY!

Or does "Irish traveller heritage" have a different meaning these days?

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Good up and coming boxers
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:39 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Pommy mate sitting next to me reckons he's a bit of a pikey.

Impressive scalp getting Klitchko though.


Then he's an idiot, he's not a bit of one.


A bloke from the pub doesn't think so:

Background

"Born and raised in Manchester, England, Fury was born into a family of Irish Traveller heritage.[5] His paternal grandfather was from Tuam, County Galway, which is also the birthplace of his father John Fury.[6] His maternal grandmother is from County Tipperary and his mother was born in Belfast.[7][8] His family has a long history in boxing;[9] his father competed in the 1980s as "a nomadic or free-spirited person" John Fury,[10] initially as a bare-knuckle fighter and unlicensed boxer, and then as a professional boxer.[11] He is a cousin of Irish WBO Middleweight World Champion Andy Lee[8] and heavyweight Hughie Fury.[12] Hughie's father, Peter Fury, is also Tyson's trainer.[13] He is also a distant relative of "self-styled King of the a nomadic or free-spirited person"[14] Bartley Gorman.[15][16] His father named him "Tyson" after then-world heavyweight champion Mike Tyson.[9]"

PIKEY!

Or does "Irish traveller heritage" have a different meaning these days?


That's exactly why he's not a bit of one.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Good up and coming boxers
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:28 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Got you now, he's not a bit of one, he's a full one!

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Good up and coming boxers
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:04 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
Bomber wrote:
Got you now, he's not a bit of one, he's a full one!


Correct. Fully fledged, self confession proud one at that

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Good up and coming boxers
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:42 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Got you now, he's not a bit of one, he's a full one!


Correct. Fully fledged, self confession proud one at that


Has all the hallmarks of a movie. Snatch! :wink:

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Good up and coming boxers
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:18 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Fury's now upset the politically correct by saying women belong in the Garbage and to make him a cup of tea. I'm starting to like the bloke.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Good up and coming boxers
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:59 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
Bomber wrote:
Fury's now upset the politically correct by saying women belong in the Garbage and to make him a cup of tea. I'm starting to like the bloke.


He's also said that homosexuality should be made illegal

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Good up and coming boxers
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:23 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
Fury has been stripped of the IBF title for not fighting the main challenger in his next fight

Also police investigating is comments about homo sexuals.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Good up and coming boxers
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:50 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
Joshua with another win this this morning, 7th round knock out.

Eubank defended his title as well, with a 3rd round win.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Good up and coming boxers
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:04 pm 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:04 am
Posts: 288
Location: Frejas
God is an Englishman wrote:
Fury has been stripped of the IBF title for not fighting the main challenger in his next fight


How do they determine who the next challenger is?

_________________
I hate screaming kids


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Good up and coming boxers
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:05 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
Urgh! A Musíc War wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Fury has been stripped of the IBF title for not fighting the main challenger in his next fight


How do they determine who the next challenger is?


Each federation has its own rankings

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Good up and coming boxers
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:38 pm 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:04 am
Posts: 288
Location: Frejas
Are they like fifa rankings?

_________________
I hate screaming kids


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Good up and coming boxers
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:15 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
New Aussie heavyweight champion. On ya, Brownie!

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Good up and coming boxers
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:18 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
Bomber wrote:
New Aussie heavyweight champion. On ya, Brownie!



Didn't even realise he was an Aussie. Shock win with that one.

Congratulations to Australia for getting their first ever heavyweight world champion. Haye has already made comments about wanting to fight him.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Good up and coming boxers
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:28 pm 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:09 pm
Posts: 2229
Location: 300kms North of Dingo Whoop Whoop
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
New Aussie heavyweight champion. On ya, Brownie!



Didn't even realise he was an Aussie. Shock win with that one.

Congratulations to Australia for getting their first ever heavyweight world champion. Haye has already made comments about wanting to fight him.

As has Tyson Fury


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Good up and coming boxers
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:58 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
PDog wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
New Aussie heavyweight champion. On ya, Brownie!



Didn't even realise he was an Aussie. Shock win with that one.

Congratulations to Australia for getting their first ever heavyweight world champion. Haye has already made comments about wanting to fight him.

As has Tyson Fury[/quote
They're both seeing an easy win for a belt

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Good up and coming boxers
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:50 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Not surprising (looking for an "easy" fight).

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Good up and coming boxers
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:51 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
Bomber wrote:
Not surprising (looking for an "easy" fight).


I'm actually surprised you just admitted that

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group