AFL GIGGLING AT FOOTBALL

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: AFL GIGGLING AT FOOTBALL

Post by Steve#4 »

LFTWNG11 wrote:
Franco# wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:
What in Rugby looks anywhere near as aesthetic as this....

You brought Union into it...... :lol:
Sorry I thought Rugby/NRL was the same thing. I do apologise for the confusion :|

Rugby Union is also a much more aesthetic game than Rugby League :wink:

Ok, so maybe they kick the ball a dozen times in a game, maybe even 20 times. Compare that to how many times they throw they the ball? It should be a handball code, not a football code. Goes for Union as well.
My pet hate with South Australians.....Rugby means Union...League is League. :wink:

Shouldn't AFL be called Handball or Bounce ball????

The way the game is played I would say there are more handballs than kicks in a game.

There is only one true Football code so your point is moot.

Horses for courses in the end.

Holy Guacamole
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Holy Guacamole »

Franco# wrote:There is only one true Football code so your point is moot.
Says the person who still calls it soccer.
I'd like to see a monkey peel a shrimp.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Franco# wrote: My pet hate with South Australians.....Rugby means Union...League is League. :wink:

The way the game is played I would say there are more handballs than kicks in a game.

Sorry I will admit I am not well versed in the finer points of either code, I just know watching Rugby League is painful.

There is still a lot more kicks than handballs in an AFL match, without a doubt. Compare that to NRL, where the ball is thrown at least 10 times more than the ball is kicked.

In any case, both sports ahve their strengths and weaknesses. Just NRL fans seem to be overly precious about their second-rate competition :P

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Holy Guacamole wrote:
Franco# wrote:There is only one true Football code so your point is moot.
Says the person who still calls it soccer.
That's because I live and was brought up in Australia :wink:

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

LFTWNG11 wrote:
Franco# wrote: My pet hate with South Australians.....Rugby means Union...League is League. :wink:

Sorry I will admit I am not well versed in the finer points of either code, I just know watching Rugby League is painful.

There is still a lot more kicks than handballs in an AFL match, without a doubt. Compare that to NRL, where the ball is thrown at least 10 times more than the ball is kicked.

In any case, both sports ahve their strengths and weaknesses. Just NRL fans seem to be overly precious about their second-rate competition :P
That's ok, I feel similar about ALF..

You need to work on your stats though..

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Franco# wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:

That's ok, I feel similar about ALF..

You need to work on your stats though..

ALF......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

The name of the sport is Aussie Rules Football.

You don't play Serie A, or NFL, or NBA, so why do people refer to the sport as AFL??

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Franco# wrote: You need to work on your stats though..
How so? My AFL stats are spot on...

For example Carlton had 5340 kicks to 3641 handballs for the whole of 2011. That's about 1.5 kicks for every handball. No way does Thugby League have the same differential between throwing the ball and kicking it.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

LFTWNG11 wrote:
Wow they kick the ball half a dozen times in a game! Why is it a football code again?!
Compare the time the ball is in the hand opposed to on the foot.......ALF has no right to call it self football....Should be handball,
you even call a type of passing this as well.

Maybe ALF can go international by creating a hybrid game......Oh wait, they have...It's called basketball :lol: :lol:

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Franco# wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:
Wow they kick the ball half a dozen times in a game! Why is it a football code again?!
Compare the time the ball is in the hand opposed to on the foot.......ALF has no right to call it self football....Should be handball,

Maybe ALF can go international by creating a hybrid game......Oh wait, they have...It's called basketball :lol: :lol:
I thought I got my stats wrong?!?! No mentioning of those stats in your post above.... :oops:

In reponse to the above, in AFL you can only score by using your feet... you can't use your hands, your head, or in Balotelli's case, your chest. All you have to do in Thugby to score is run across a line holding the ball.

League is such a fiercely contested sport internationally between, Australia, and ummm, NZ and ummm... ummm... It's funny listening to League talk about "internationals". It's just as pathetic as the "International Rules" crap.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

LFTWNG11 wrote:
Franco# wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:

I thought I got my stats wrong?!?! No mentioning of those stats in your post above.... :oops: The stats that I refer to was the what I quoted :oops:

In reponse to the above, in AFL you can only score by using your feet... you can't use your hands, your head, or in Balotelli's case, your chest. All you have to do in Thugby to score is run across a line holding the ball. What's scoring got to do with anything.? :?

League is such a fiercely contested sport internationally between, Australia, and ummm, NZ and ummm... ummm... It's funny listening to League talk about "internationals". It's just as pathetic as the "International Rules" crap.yeah 2 teams compare with a code that holds a world cup :roll: :oops:

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

:lol:

A Thugby League World Cup? With power house teams like Lebanon and Cook Islands? Or make believe countries like Aotearoa Māori?

Are you claiming that as a legimate competition?

I already admitted I did not know the ins and outs of Thugy League. If you could provide stats that show Thugby League has more kicks than throws, then I would be most grateful.

What has scoring got to do with it?! In football, you score goals (95% of the time) with your feet. In handball you score goals with your hand.... etc etc etc

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

LFTWNG11 wrote::lol:

A Thugby League World Cup? With power house teams like Lebanon and Cook Islands? Or make believe countries like Aotearoa Māori?

I already admitted I did not know the ins and outs of Thugy League. If you could provide stats that show Thugby League has more kicks than throws, then I would be most grateful.

What has scoring got to do with it?! In football, you score goals (95% of the time) with your feet. In handball you score goals with your hand.... etc etc etc

How many countries play in an aussie rules world cup?

Clearly in aussie rules your hands are used more than your feet.

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

God is an Englishman wrote: How many countries play in an aussie rules world cup?
In the 2011 AFL International cup, 18 teams competed.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bacon888 wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote: How many countries play in an aussie rules world cup?
In the 2011 AFL International cup, 18 teams competed.

how many played in the world cup?

how many of those countries in the "international cup" even have a professional league? Just think my boy could represent England at aussie rules.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

LFTWNG11 wrote::lol:

I never argued that League should be called a Football code, my point is that your bastardised Basketball sport should be a handball sport.

I never mentioned anything about scoring, you have taken that tangent because you are losing....It's frustrating when people can't
admit their wrong. :roll:

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Franco# wrote: I never argued that League should be called a Football code, my point is that your bastardised Basketball sport should be a handball sport.

I never mentioned anything about scoring, you have taken that tangent because you are losing....It's frustrating when people can't
admit their wrong. :roll:
I agree, thugby league should not be called a football code :wink:

But YOU made a point that AFL was not a football code, I retorted that with stats on how we kick the ball a lot more than we handball and that a goal must be scored with our feet, not our hands, not our heads, not our chest. I simply responded to your statement:
I have no need to deflect, go on tangents... it's all opinions. It's an internet forum. Both yourself and GIAE need to get a grip with your "I am winning/you are losing" facades.

Clearly in aussie rules your hands are used more than your feet.
You mean the make believe international cup crap the AFL put together to promote the game? Who cares? It's a promotional thing that bears little significance.

You kick the ball in AFL more than you handball. Clearly you use your feet more.

Also GIAE, funny how you ignore your little mistake in posting a picture of Union instead of League. Maybe brush up on your image posting/copy and paste skills.... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

LFTWNG11 wrote:
I have no need to deflect, go on tangents... it's all opinions. It's an internet forum. Both yourself and GIAE need to get a grip with your "I am winning/you are losing" facades.
That's what people say on here when they have been proven wrong but don't want to admit it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Compare the time the ball is in the hand to the foot.....Not a Football code :oops:

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Franco# wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:
That's what people say on here when they have been proven wrong but don't want to admit it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Compare the time the ball is in the hand to the foot.....Not a Football code :oops:
Admit what? I am not the one on here making self-proclaimations.... I would suggest your self-proclaimation says more about you than it does about me. :wink:

Yes the ball needs to be in your hand to take possession of it in AFL... unfrotuantely for you that's not even half the story. To get anywhere in AFL, you need to continously kick the ball. Same can't be even remotely be said about Thugby.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Once again you are comparing to the wrong sport :wink: I know it suits your tangent but not what is being discussed.
Please stay on topic.

ALF is handball not football :D

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Franco# wrote:Once again you are comparing to the wrong sport :wink: I know it suits your tangent but not what is being discussed.
Please stay on topic.

ALF is handball not football :D
Sorry I meant Thugby League :oops:

Jonny Lidon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Jonny Lidon »

LFTWNG11 wrote:Also GIAE, funny how you ignore your little mistake in posting a picture of Union instead of League. Maybe brush up on your image posting/copy and paste skills.... :oops: :oops: :oops:
LFTWNG11 wrote:What in Rugby looks anywhere near as aesthetic as this....

I'm sure if GIAE wasn't banned he would just respond with this quote.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Jonny Lidon wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:Also GIAE, funny how you ignore your little mistake in posting a picture of Union instead of League. Maybe brush up on your image posting/copy and paste skills.... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Good luck to him. I was referring to NRL.

Jonny Lidon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Jonny Lidon »

LFTWNG11 wrote:
Jonny Lidon wrote:

Good luck to him. I was referring to NRL.
But you said rugby!

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Jonny Lidon wrote: But you said rugby!
NRL = National Rugby League.

Next lesson of the day for Little Jonny: How to use the copy and paste function.

Jonny Lidon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Jonny Lidon »

LFTWNG11 wrote:
Jonny Lidon wrote: But you said rugby!
NRL = National Rugby League.

Next lesson of the day for Little Jonny: How to use the copy and paste function.
Where do I need the lesson?

You said Rugby, GIAE posted a rugby picture.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

You did say Rugby.....

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Franco# wrote:You did say Rugby.....
The insight on this post is amazing.

Jonny Lidon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Jonny Lidon »

LFTWNG11 wrote:
Franco# wrote:You did say Rugby.....
The insight on this post is amazing.
Well you're the one claiming people are wrong for posting pictures of rugby in response to your own question.

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

Old Master wrote:The AFL is living on borrowed time as it is unable to expand beyond Australia's shores.

The Lack of international competition and sponsorship recruitment will start to weaken their talent base as the rugby codes finally begin to take advantage of their ability to attract international competition and sponsors.

If they wake up and expand their codes nationally they have the potential to topple the AFL from it's perch.

Most importantly, if they can be sensible and develop and share their facilities with football. as they all play on the same shape pitch, they can share resources and save money.

This would give them year round stadium usage and income with few clashes in fixtures and no competition for players.
78000 last night

80000 plus tonight

Gee that perch is mighty high right now. :lol: