Congrats to Izzi Blaess

This forum is for the discussion of other football topics including Futsal, Indoor Soccer, 7-a-side, Referees and Rules of the Game

Moderator: Forum Admins

nagatomo
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Congrats to Izzi Blaess

Post by nagatomo »

Looks like the FSA Referee Dept and the FSA Media Dept recently missed the mark, dropped the ball, input any cliché you like...

FSA Senior Panel referee Izzi Blaess was recently appointed as an Additional Assistant Referee on the W-League Grand Final in Sydney. A massive achievement for her off the back of her appointment as the main referee of the semi-final the week before.

As she received no acknowledgement for this outstanding achievement, I thought I would raise it to the wider football community. It is also a good example to any up and coming young female players to see what they can do if they change direction and become a referee.

At a time where we are being bombarded with good news stories about women's sport and the 2023 World Cup, it would be great for the governing body in this state and its referee department to formally acknowledge an achievement as big as this to the wider community. In the absence of any formal acknowledgement, I may as well add something here.

Well done Izzi!