refs gone off

This forum is for the discussion of other football topics including Futsal, Indoor Soccer, 7-a-side, Referees and Rules of the Game

Moderator: Forum Admins

fossil
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

refs gone off

Post by fossil »

where have they gone ?

anyone see an advertisment for specials for them too stay away?

all senior games in every league are supposed to have 3 per game and at best they are lucky to get 2 per 18's then ask for someone to run the line/s.

how the hell can the FFSA conduct the comp like this. although you do see the full amount when AU play and they seem to have a fan club of refs following,

POLONIAROCS
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: refs gone off

Post by POLONIAROCS »

There are many reasons but here are a quick few.

There is a shortage of officials yet the FFSA still charge an official $100 to sign up for the year.

Officials need to buy new kit - $170

FFSA should pay the official for signing up $100 so they can purchase a kit.

Under 18s should not play on Saturdays. They should play mid week.

So a referee comes to an under 18 game at 1030am.Does the 11am game and then has to sit around during the reserves before doing the line for seniors.

In the premier league that referee gets $160 for being there from 1030am to 515pm.

After all this the referee must pay the FFSA a 12% levy. $19.20 in this case. So the ref is left with $140.

That is just part of the problem.

paraliticandroid
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by paraliticandroid »

POLONIAROCS wrote:There are many reasons but here are a quick few.

There is a shortage of officials yet the FFSA still charge an official $100 to sign up for the year.

So a referee comes to an under 18 game at 1030am.Does the 11am game and then has to sit around during the reserves before doing the line for seniors.

In the premier league that referee gets $160 for being there from 1030am to 515pm.

After all this the referee must pay the FFSA a 12% levy. $19.20 in this case. So the ref is left with $140.

That means that refs are getting paid $21.50 per hour .... I wouldn't do it either :?

paraliticandroid
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by paraliticandroid »

afccoach wrote:
POLONIAROCS wrote:There are many reasons but here are a quick few.

That means that refs are getting paid $21.50 per hour .... I wouldn't do it either :?
$140 / 6.5 = $21.53 before people start wondering about my calculations :P

jimmy2014
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by jimmy2014 »

or $18.28 if state league

of $16/hr if you're just running a line in state league 18s and ressies.

HOWEVER, I've encountered refs in SW QLD driving 400km round trips to referee a div 1 mens game for $54.

de uno
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by de uno »

Lets not forget the amount of spectator abuse that goes on. We all hear and see the professional referees from the sidelines. I'm all for a bit of rivalry but it appears to me that people are taking it way too far.