"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:58 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Referee Questions
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:18 pm 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:43 pm
Posts: 254
The General wrote:
Not really a question, had an interesting couple scenarios during a women's match last Sunday.
The referee asked to speak to the players pre game ( why they do that I dont know, they only do half the things they say they are going to do )he gave an example on when it is and isnt acceptable to use swear words.
That didnt bother me until he started to continually swear in front of the players, I asked him not to do that ( I think that got his back up ? ) as I dont tolerate swearing at any time from anyone.
I wonder if he gave the same speel to the other team,who were a Christian Collegiate side ?

During the game, he awarded an indirect free kick just inside the penalty area, (near the centre ) neither team knew who it was for,he hesitated before he pointed in favour of the attacking side. Because it was originally awarded as in direct, didnt set up too much of the wall ( picking up the lose players ).
As the referee blew his whistle for the free to be taken he shouted "its direct" ??? Their player blasted it past the keeper for a goal, and the goal stood,despite all our protests.
I am beginning to wonder, do we seriously need official referees in the women's leagues ( lower grades anyway ) every time we have played with a club referee there have been no issues,lot of the volunteers have played the game,referee it from a players perspective.Enough said.

p.s. for those who may not be aware, only direct free kick that is awarded inside the penalty box is a penalty .


I would strongly suggest your club chairman write an official letter to the governing body and ask this matter be addressed.

I feel for you as I have seen this type of thing before. They shouldn't be allowed to referee if they don't know the rules... Simples...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Referee Questions
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:27 pm 
Offline
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:04 pm
Posts: 58
Location: Shark Park
The General wrote:
for those who may not be aware, only direct free kick that is awarded inside the penalty box is a penalty .


No it's not. Only the ones awarded to the attacking team.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Referee Questions
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:18 am 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:42 am
Posts: 259
Quote:
The General wrote:
Not really a question, had an interesting couple scenarios during a women's match last Sunday.
The referee asked to speak to the players pre game ( why they do that I dont know, they only do half the things they say they are going to do )he gave an example on when it is and isnt acceptable to use swear words.
That didnt bother me until he started to continually swear in front of the players, I asked him not to do that ( I think that got his back up ? ) as I dont tolerate swearing at any time from anyone.
I wonder if he gave the same speel to the other team,who were a Christian Collegiate side ?

During the game, he awarded an indirect free kick just inside the penalty area, (near the centre ) neither team knew who it was for,he hesitated before he pointed in favour of the attacking side. Because it was originally awarded as in direct, didnt set up too much of the wall ( picking up the lose players ).
As the referee blew his whistle for the free to be taken he shouted "its direct" ??? Their player blasted it past the keeper for a goal, and the goal stood,despite all our protests.
I am beginning to wonder, do we seriously need official referees in the women's leagues ( lower grades anyway ) every time we have played with a club referee there have been no issues,lot of the volunteers have played the game,referee it from a players perspective.Enough said.

p.s. for those who may not be aware, only direct free kick that is awarded inside the penalty box is a penalty .


What comp did this happen in? - wasn't it byes or cups or something for women?
Are you a pastor or other religious rep?
Are you the OISC coach?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Referee Questions
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:06 am 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:28 am
Posts: 1436
Casual Racism wrote:
The General wrote:
for those who may not be aware, only direct free kick that is awarded inside the penalty box is a penalty .


No it's not. Only the ones awarded to the attacking team.



forgive me for not saying "to the attacking team" :0


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Referee Questions
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:16 am 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:28 am
Posts: 1436
jimmy2014 wrote:
Quote:
The General wrote:
Not really a question, had an interesting couple scenarios during a women's match last Sunday.
The referee asked to speak to the players pre game ( why they do that I dont know, they only do half the things they say they are going to do )he gave an example on when it is and isnt acceptable to use swear words.
That didnt bother me until he started to continually swear in front of the players, I asked him not to do that ( I think that got his back up ? ) as I dont tolerate swearing at any time from anyone.
I wonder if he gave the same speel to the other team,who were a Christian Collegiate side ?

During the game, he awarded an indirect free kick just inside the penalty area, (near the centre ) neither team knew who it was for,he hesitated before he pointed in favour of the attacking side. Because it was originally awarded as in direct, didnt set up too much of the wall ( picking up the lose players ).
As the referee blew his whistle for the free to be taken he shouted "its direct" ??? Their player blasted it past the keeper for a goal, and the goal stood,despite all our protests.
I am beginning to wonder, do we seriously need official referees in the women's leagues ( lower grades anyway ) every time we have played with a club referee there have been no issues,lot of the volunteers have played the game,referee it from a players perspective.Enough said.

p.s. for those who may not be aware, only direct free kick that is awarded inside the penalty box is a penalty .


What comp did this happen in? - wasn't it byes or cups or something for women?
Are you a pastor or other religious rep?
Are you the OISC coach?


It was the ffsa women's comp - collegiate clubs combined with div 4/5 clubs -crazy idea big difference in standard
No I am not a pastor, and I just voluntary help out of the club sides ( no other reps )
No nothing to do with OISC

Really not sure what the logic of having a women's collegiate league is,judging by their scores seems to be huge disparity between all the teams.
Top two or three collegiate sides probably div 1 standard, bottom collegiate sides probably div 5 standard.
With the div 4/5 club leagues, mostly new or developing sides,never a chance of making the finals, as it turns out all 4 teams in the semi finals are collegiate teams.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Referee Questions
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:26 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43994
The General wrote:
jimmy2014 wrote:

Really not sure what the logic of having a women's league is

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group