"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:09 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: KUDOS TO A YOUNG REF
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:24 pm 
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Went to watch my boy play today, the ref arrives, no older than the boys that were playing. However this young fella was probably the best ref I have seen in a VERY VERY long time. There was a huge sprinkler cover that needed to be filled in, the opposing team attempted stand over tactics claiming we don't have any sand. This little guy stood up, and would not budge, demanding the right thing be done for the players or we all go home, suddenly there is a forgotten long jump pit right next to the pitch and the job was done. Then the game started and he was outstanding, even with jibes and comments coming from the home team coaches bench (who could have possibly eaten the young fella in a yiros) he held his composure and officiated fair and just. The FFSA needs to find this ref and get a firm grip on him and make sure he is around for a long time, well done young fella you were awesome.

Post subject: Re: KUDOS TO A YOUNG REF
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:57 pm 
Board Member
Board Member

I gather your team won then.

:wink:

Post subject: Re: KUDOS TO A YOUNG REF
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:34 pm 
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

The moyesiah wrote:
Went to watch my boy play today, the ref arrives, no older than the boys that were playing. However this young fella was probably the best ref I have seen in a VERY VERY long time. There was a huge sprinkler cover that needed to be filled in, the opposing team attempted stand over tactics claiming we don't have any sand. This little guy stood up, and would not budge, demanding the right thing be done for the players or we all go home, suddenly there is a forgotten long jump pit right next to the pitch and the job was done. Then the game started and he was outstanding, even with jibes and comments coming from the home team coaches bench (who could have possibly eaten the young fella in a yiros) he held his composure and officiated fair and just. The FFSA needs to find this ref and get a firm grip on him and make sure he is around for a long time, well done young fella you were awesome.

fingers crossed they dont piss him off like they have done over the last few years with many younger referees