Player booked twice, but not sent off ? Championship League.

This forum is for the discussion of other football topics including Futsal, Indoor Soccer, 7-a-side, Referees and Rules of the Game

Moderator: Forum Admins

Caretaker Coach
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Player booked twice, but not sent off ? Championship League.

Post by Caretaker Coach »

Championship match between Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday ends in a draw, controversy on how a SW is booked twice in 26 mins and not sent off ? The ref ignored pleas from opp. players and coaches, and after the game the ref checked his match card, apparently he wrote down the wrong shirt number the first time ???
My question is , where the hell is the 4th official and why didnt he pick it up ? Dont they keep a record as well for that reason ? And surely, you would know if you have cautioned the same player twice, after just 26 mins ? What happens with the game now ?

Adolf Hītler
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Player booked twice, but not sent off ? Championship Lea

Post by Adolf Hītler »

The result will stand, just as it did in Germany 2006.
Live a critic, diacritic

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

The 4th official was given the players number by the ref. Therefore, he had the wrong number as well.

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

Is it a broader indication of the level of education in the English education system that their referees can't count properly?
It's all in the Delivery!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Brian the Postman wrote:Is it a broader indication of the level of education in the English education system that their referees can't count properly?
Haha!!

One of the reasons I want my children to return to England is because the education standards are far superior.

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Brian the Postman wrote:Is it a broader indication of the level of education in the English education system that their referees can't count properly?
Haha!!

One of the reasons I want my children to return to England is because the education standards are far superior.
Well come on Hawkesy it's not the first time that an English referee has struggled to count to 2!

They certainly seem to have more trouble with the concept than most other nations....
It's all in the Delivery!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Brian the Postman wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Haha!!

Well come on Hawkesy it's not the first time that an English referee has struggled to count to 2!

They certainly seem to have more trouble with the concept than most other nations....
yes, but you said it was due to education.

Refs shiraz up, it's probably happened in games in australia as well , it's just no-one's watching.