shiraz this rule

This forum is for the discussion of other football topics including Futsal, Indoor Soccer, 7-a-side, Referees and Rules of the Game

Moderator: Forum Admins

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

shiraz this rule

Post by Bomber »

The only thing I hear from refs addressing teams before they start a game these days is the paranoia about wearing different coloured skins to that of the shorts being worn. What a load of bullshit. Worry about the things that actually matter about the game! Surely people know about this rule by now, if you have a problem with it, book the offender - simple!
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: shiraz this rule

Post by God is an Englishman »

Whilst I agree with you, refs get marked down if there's anyone wearing them.

I have got to buy a new pair as they're clamping down this year.

Wayne Rooney's Elbow
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Wayne Rooney's Elbow »

They should also clamp down on boots in inappropriate colors.
On the verge of a nervous breakthrough

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Wayne Rooney's Elbow wrote:They should also clamp down on boots in inappropriate colors.

whilst i agree with you, this is not in the laws.

Con
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Con »

How will Polska Bomba cope with the latest out of the Laws-of-the-Game (I.F.A.B.) AGM last Saturday 3rd March 2012 that tape around the socks (securing shinpads in place) has to be the same colour as the socks? Red tape for home games & white tape for away, Bomber?

ps, it wasn't clear whether the same applies for those white pull-on ankle supports/guards. Can't those be worn INSIDE the socks?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Con wrote:How will Polska Bomba cope with the latest out of the Laws-of-the-Game (I.F.A.B.) AGM last Saturday 3rd March 2012 that tape around the socks (securing shinpads in place) has to be the same colour as the socks? Red tape for home games & white tape for away, Bomber?

ps, it wasn't clear whether the same applies for those white pull-on ankle supports/guards. Can't those be worn INSIDE the socks?
Game is getting too precious and worrying about trivial crap. By the way, we need white tape for home, red for away these days...... :wink:

Rule change needed - "injured" players that require on-field trainer's attention, must stay off the field for a minimum of 5 minutes.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

never understood the need for the tape on the outside of the sock showing anyway. Tape the shin pad to the leg, then tape the sock up, turn over top of sock. DONE!!

Con
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Con »

Bomber wrote:
Con wrote:How will Polska Bomba cope with the latest out of the Laws-of-the-Game (I.F.A.B.) AGM last Saturday 3rd March 2012 that tape around the socks (securing shinpads in place) has to be the same colour as the socks? Red tape for home games & white tape for away, Bomber?

Game is getting too precious and worrying about trivial crap. By the way, we need white tape for home, red for away these days...... :wink:

Rule change needed - "injured" players that require on-field trainer's attention, must stay off the field for a minimum of 5 minutes.
Interesting suggestion, Bomber. Did you forward to the Task force which asked for submissions? ps, I noted your silence about the topic "8 proposal on the 3/3/12 Agenda of Ye Olde I.F.A.B."' or the outcomes of that 3rd March AGM. Why so?
God is an Englishman wrote:never understood the need for the tape on the outside of the sock showing anyway. Tape the shin pad to the leg, then tape the sock up, turn over top of sock. DONE!!
But God was an Englishman, when you remove that tape wouldn't it painfully rip the hairs off the back of your calf? Isn't it better to just buy shinpads with their own adjustable velcro straps?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Con wrote:But God was an Englishman, when you remove that tape wouldn't it painfully rip the hairs off the back of your calf? Isn't it better to just buy shinpads with their own adjustable velcro straps?

Depends on what tape you use, electrical tape wouldn't be a problem. Oh and those are the shin pads that I already use.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Hawkesy shaves his legs probably anyway.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:Hawkesy shaves his legs probably anyway.

of course not, I wax.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:

of course not, I wax.
Poof
Ignore this signature

Con
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Con »

of course not, I wax.
:lol: :lol:

ps Bomboff et Hawkeye, I repeat - why the apathy in the Laws-of-the-Game I.F.A.B. agenda, the Task Force stuff & the AGM outcome?

Also, what do you make of no discussion by local Referees in this "Referees and Rules of the Game" forum? I've spoken to some and they didn't even know the I.F.A.B. AGM was on Sat. 3rd March 2012, nor did they know of the existence of the FIFA Task Force "Football 2014" whose charter is to look at all things 'to improve the attractiveness of the Game'.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Con wrote:
of course not, I wax.
:lol: :lol:

ps Bomboff et Hawkeye, I repeat - why the apathy in the Laws-of-the-Game I.F.A.B. agenda, the Task Force stuff & the AGM outcome?

Also, what do you make of no discussion by local Referees in this "Referees and Rules of the Game" forum? I've spoken to some and they didn't even know the I.F.A.B. AGM was on Sat. 3rd March 2012, nor did they know of the existence of the FIFA Task Force "Football 2014" whose charter is to look at all things 'to improve the attractiveness of the Game'.
I havent seen the agenda. Been a bit busy lately. If you provide a link I will have a look and comment when I get some spare time.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Con wrote: ps Bomboff et Hawkeye, I repeat - why the apathy in the Laws-of-the-Game I.F.A.B. agenda, the Task Force stuff & the AGM outcome?

what's in there that's going to change the game at a local level?

Con
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Con »

Bomber wrote:
Con wrote:

I havent seen the agenda. Been a bit busy lately. If you provide a link I will have a look and comment when I get some spare time.
Am a computer illiterate - dunno how to do a link. You'll have to give me step-by-step cheat sheet when ya got time.

In the meantime google 'IFAB AGM Agenga 2012' & 'Task Force Football 2014'. And see various comments under threads in local & overseas forums titled '8 proposals to Laws Board IFAB meet. of 3/3/12'.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Bomber wrote:Rule change needed - "injured" players that require on-field trainer's attention, must stay off the field for a minimum of 5 minutes.
That'd be a dumb rule unless the bloke that fouled him had to go off as well. Far better to make sure every second of injury time is added at the end so there'd be no benefit to time wasting except as a means to break up play.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Bomber wrote:Rule change needed - "injured" players that require on-field trainer's attention, must stay off the field for a minimum of 5 minutes.
That'd be a dumb rule unless the bloke that fouled him had to go off as well. Far better to make sure every second of injury time is added at the end so there'd be no benefit to time wasting except as a means to break up play.
Well that could never happen (unless red card offence obviously). If the bloke is badly injured, he should go off and get proper treatment anyway (OH&S) :wink: . If he's not badly injured, get up and play the game!
I take your point about time wasting being better calculated, but the ref is in charge of time keeping and should be getting that right these days anyway. I have been amazed at some games where, say, 4 minutes are added on, when clearly it has taken more than that to do all the subs, throw in some extended goal celebrations plus the on field "injuries".
Ignore this signature