kick off question ?

This forum is for the discussion of other football topics including Futsal, Indoor Soccer, 7-a-side, Referees and Rules of the Game

Moderator: Forum Admins

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

kick off question ?

Post by The General »

How long has there been a rule about the amount of players you can have inside the centre circle when taking kick off ? I didnt know there was such a rule,seems to be in women's soccer anyway ?

In the days of the 2 inside forwards playing along side the centre forward you always had at least 3 near the ball,and another player just inside the circle. When did that change ?

whateva
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: kick off question ?

Post by whateva »

There is no limit to how many players same as a drop ball

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

I have just started to help out a women's team, who have some players new to the game. We were going through the basics with the kick-off at training, I had 3 players positioned inside the circle for a particular move,when some of the girls who have played before,were all telling me that the Refs last year told them off for having more then 2 players inside the centre circle ?

Can someone please notify the Refs ?

Pommy09
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Pommy09 »

i'm a ref and i have never heard of a limit of players at kick-offs
CMON U SAINTS

There's only one le tissier

rooboy1986
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rooboy1986 »

Of course, the opponent has a restriction of zero until the ball is played forward... :wink:

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

all 11 players from the team taking the kick-off are allowed in the centre circle. But that just never happens. Have never seen more than 3 players at a kick off.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Red-4-Life wrote:all 11 players from the team taking the kick-off are allowed in the centre circle. But that just never happens. Have never seen more than 3 players at a kick off.
Not correct....all 11 players from the team taking the kick-off are allowed in their half of the centre circle.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

swannsong wrote:
Red-4-Life wrote:all 11 players from the team taking the kick-off are allowed in the centre circle. But that just never happens. Have never seen more than 3 players at a kick off.
Not correct....all 11 players from the team taking the kick-off are allowed in their half of the centre circle.

well put,thanks to all for the feedback - how do we get this across to the refs who do the women's games ?

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

The General wrote:
swannsong wrote:

well put,thanks to all for the feedback - how do we get this across to the refs who do the women's games ?
Put 3 in the circle. And if there is an issue, ask what Law of the Game they are breaking.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

swannsong wrote:
yeah yeah thats what i meant! Common sense that is...

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Red-4-Life wrote:
swannsong wrote:
yeah yeah thats what i meant! Common sense that is...
Common sense...this is the Football News Forum we are talking about ???
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Nick Picker
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Nick Picker »

Quite often the two players at the kick off have one foot in each half.

Rob Lozza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rob Lozza »

The General wrote:How long has there been a rule about the amount of players you can have inside the centre circle when taking kick off ? I didnt know there was such a rule,seems to be in women's soccer anyway ?

In the days of the 2 inside forwards playing along side the centre forward you always had at least 3 near the ball,and another player just inside the circle. When did that change ?
This can't be a serious question. :lol: